Anna's Quest

Started by Sughly, Fri 04/02/2011 02:50:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Sughly

Krams Design presents...

Anna's Quest is a short form, black comedy adventure game that's a dark fairy-tale like story inspired by The Brothers Grimm with a sci-fi twist.

The story follows Anna, a young girl kept under lock and key in a deep, dark wood by an evil old woman who runs Anna through a series of tests and experiments. What she doesn't count on, however, are the powerful telekinetic forces brought up within Anna that opens up her first window of escape...

Screenshots:
(please click image for full resolution)

(screens feature graphics that are works in progress)

Features include:

* 'Telekinesis' icon giving new depths to puzzle design and player interaction
    * 'Ted' – an oversized teddy bear (also a victim of the old woman's wicked schemes) who walks & talks and will assist in Anna's escape
    * A range of hand drawn, frame-by-frame 2D animations, including short intro and ending cutscenes

An example of some of the animation work can be seen here in a 'behind the scenes' promo video.

Notes on Development

5th September 2012 - BETA TESTERS NEEDED: The first volume, chapters 1 and 2, are officially complete with full voice acting and original soundtrack! Now we just need some sucke- ahhh... kind persons to test the beta out. If you're keen, private message me with your email, or email me directly (dbe.krams(at)gmail.com) so I can send you a link!

I'll be posting more info up as production continues.
For more info and details please check out my website, Krams Design.

LRH

Woah, this looks awesome. I'll be waiting for it. :D

Zenger

Hi Sughly ;D, I'm happy to see that Anna's Room is going well  ;D, it looks fantastic  ;D

Regards

ThreeOhFour

I've been watching this on your website for a while now, and it's cool to see some more screenshots!

Good luck with the progress on this, I looked forward to seeing more :)

Igor Hardy

What Lamp Post said!

Stupot

This looks promising!
Will be keeping an eye on this one.
Best of luck Sughly.

CaptainD

I like your graphical style.  Looking forward to this one...  8)

Mati256

I have been keeping an eye on it for a while too.
I think you should wait and release a full length game, also wait to see what they say at your University so maybe you can improve something.

This game just looks awesome.
My Blog! (En Español)

LupaShiva

Awesome keeping an eye on this  ;D

cianty

ca. 70% completed

Sughly

Yay! Thanks for the love everyone!  ;D

Quote from: Mati256 on Fri 04/02/2011 12:08:40
also wait to see what they say at your University so maybe you can improve something.

Actually it completely slipped my mind, but there was kind of a reason I started the page in the first place... I finished a playable demo of the first part and was hoping to just get just a few people trialling it for me so I can get some early feedback on the direction so far. It's still got plenty of things in there that need updating, particularly in sound department as well as a few GUI things, but the feedback would be invaluable. So if you're keen please PM me and I'll give you a link! And also sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to make this sort of request... if it is wrong I can repost it somewhere more appropriate.

Chicky

You know i've been waiting for this Sughly but it's great to see some new shots. Best of luck finishing!

Iliya

Woow! Very nice looking game! I think that in the last year AGS game's quality raises vastly!

xelanoimis

Looking really great! Can't wait to play it! Maybe on Halloween?!

moshboy

Love the lovely graphical style. Look forward to seeing more.

Tamanegi

I already thought this looks nice when you asked about C&C for your verbcoin, and I'm glad to see you still working on it. I definitely like your graphics style!

What kind of Master allows for a game to be made as the final project? Animation would be my best guess.
Don't Look! MAGS 12-2010
Mediocre Expectations Current development blog

Dualnames

It looks hyper-cute! It's not my kind of game really, but I will totally check this out regardless. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

WHAM

This looks incredible! Definetly going to play this one, and if you ever need beta testers or something, don't hesitate to send me a message!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Willdon

You call this artwork?

;D

Looks ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!

I must say, this is most certainly the project I am looking forward to the most! :)

(besides Duke Nukem Forever on May 3rd...if that counts..)

Takyon

Really pleased you're still working on this mate.
ghost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk