2 animations at the same time possible?

Started by selmiak, Wed 23/02/2011 01:44:07

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

I have two objects that I want to animate when an action is started.
It is no problem playing them one after the other, but it seems impossible to play them both at the same time.
I tried adding eNoBlock to the first animation and started the second animation right after the first one but somehow the first one doesn't show at all with the eNoBlock attribute.

Gilbert

This should work. Can you post the lines of codes you use to animate the objects here, so that we may take a look?

monkey0506

If the first animation is not being played when you're calling it with eNoBlock, then I too am inclined to think that there is something else causing your problem. Are you using eOnce or eRepeat as the RepeatStyle? I ask that as a precursor to this question, which is are you letting the animation simply run its course, or are you stopping it manually?

If you are stopping it manually, is it possible that you're stopping one of the animations prematurely? Even if you're running one of the animations with eBlock, it shouldn't prevent other animations running simultaneously.

selmiak

Code: ags

ShakeScreenBackground (4, 5, 30);
  oObject1.Visible = true;
  oObject1.SetView(3);
  PlaySound(9);
  oObject1.Animate(0, 5, eOnce, eNoBlock);
  if (oObject2.Visible == true) {
    oObject2.SetView(3); 
    oObject2.Animate(3, 5, eOnce, eBlock);
  }

oObject2 is a 'layer' on top of oObject1 and can be put there and only when it is put there is should also animate with the animation of oObject1. Both animations should play only once, so I'm using eOnce, should I try using eRepeat? The help files say just using 0 will do it? After trying

oObject1.Animate(0, 5, 0, eNoBlock);
  if (oObject2.Visible == true) {oObject2.SetView(3);oObject2.Animate(3, 5, 0, eBlock);}

nothing changed

and

oObject1.Animate(0, 5, 0, eBlock);
  if (oObject2.Visible == true) {oObject2.SetView(3);oObject2.Animate(3, 5, 0, eBlock);}

plays them one after the other but not at the same time...

don't know if this is important, but all this code is inside a function that is called from different places with different conditions throughout the script.
edit: when moving the codeblock out of the function and pasting it right where it is called in the script the animations shows with eNoBlock but they are still not starting simultaneously.

selmiak

anyone got an idea?

I don't even know how to stop animations manually ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk