[MAGS] Submerged - LaSol

Started by WHAM, Mon 28/02/2011 14:13:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor Hardy

Listening Reading through the commentary right now. But I'm curious if you've made any improvements in the game itself since the original release? Or did you prefer not to mess with what was so well received?

WHAM

No changes in the game itself, just the commentary and source files. I felt it was good enough, and I was afraid I would break something  ;D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

I just couldn't keep my mouth shut about this!
Two-thousand-downloads! In under 100 days! Holy crapsickles!

Also: Not making a GIP thread just yet, but a new game project "Mansiongame" is in the works already, as some might have spotted in the Critics lounge, and I am hoping to get the game properly underway and a thread started in a few weeks from now!

In addition: I PROMISE to make a sequel to LaSol. I owe you people that much!  ;)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Igor Hardy

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 31/05/2011 11:37:01
I just couldn't keep my mouth shut about this!
Two-thousand-downloads! In under 100 days! Holy crapsickles!

Calin forgetting to pick a Pick of the month in May did you good. I bet the potential May guys are not so happy about this though. :)

WHAM

Looks like my bribe money has gone to good... I mean that's really too bad, that such a thing happened. Calin should be more mindful of his duties!

Tee-hee!

Calin Leafshade

Pfft lies.

You probably just didnt refresh your browser or something.

bicilotti

Very nice game! I've enjoyed it & the commentary & a lot. Hope to see a chapter two very soon!

The only thing I've disliked is the GUI, which I found a tad cumbersome, but this is only a minor remark; if you haven't already, play this!

edit: to elaborate a bit more, timed events really do a lot to put you in the shoes of the main character and to make puzzles interesting; and that's quite a lot in the current AG scene!

edit II: mind you
if (foo == bar) {
    stuff(); }

Spoiler
can be rewritten as
if (foo == bar)
    stuff();
[close]
:P[/i]

WHAM

I guess I have to admint the GUI was a harebrained afterthought... I promise to do better next time, though!
Also: I just like to keep the { and } (squigglies as I call them) in as I'm used to tracking my code through them.
Anyway: holy crap, you actually took a look at the code!? That was slightly unexpected, to be honest!  :D

bicilotti

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 05/07/2011 14:49:02
Anyway: holy crap, you actually took a look at the code!? That was slightly unexpected, to be honest!  :D

Yes! And it would be nice to see even more game + source, there's always something to learn! Good luck with your next venture!

edit 3: the commentary was very enjoyable too, both the "developement comments" + "spoilers" parts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk