A Night At Camp Ravenwood

Started by Secret Fawful, Wed 09/03/2011 03:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephiroth

Back from the grave to say this is looking pretty good, there's a real old school/scooby doo feel to it, I really want to play this one.

Now for the childish comment:

Am I the only one to be troubled by THIS in the screenshots?

Sorry but it made me laught so 'hard' I couldn't help but post...

monkey0506

Quote from: Secret Fawful on Sun 13/03/2011 21:37:10I won't want walkthroughs written for the game...I'm going to stand pretty firm on that point.

For the record..I will freely distribute a complete walkthrough of the game to any and everyone who requests it from me. 8)

mkennedy

Will you be able to switch characters at any time or will you just pick one at the beginning and keep that character for the whole game? If you just choose one then please make the game different for each of the playable characters. If you can switch freely then you can have different solutions for some of the puzzles depending on which character you are using. Multiple endings would be good to (Getting killed doesn't really count as an ending)!

Secret Fawful

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Mon 14/03/2011 06:52:25
Quote from: Secret Fawful on Sun 13/03/2011 21:37:10I won't want walkthroughs written for the game...I'm going to stand pretty firm on that point.

For the record..I will freely distribute a complete walkthrough of the game to any and everyone who requests it from me. 8)

You're fired. I'll still expect you to program the game, especially if you want to be considered a scholar and a gentleman, but you're fired just the same.

Quote from: mkennedy on Fri 18/03/2011 01:29:21Will you be able to switch characters at any time or will you just pick one at the beginning and keep that character for the whole game?

You can switch characters during the game, but not at the beginning.

SuperDre

Oh please do not NOT finish this game.. This looks like classic Lucasarts beauty..

Digital Mosaic Games

Sooo beautiful. That really gives me shivers because the graphic is sooo retro like in the old days. I wish you so much luck with your game! I will definetely play it!

Sughly

Gah! This looks/sounds so good! So many good looking games in these threads...

CoffeeBob

This game is looking great! The artwork is simply amazing, you've captured the retro feel perfectly! Looking forward to (hopefully) surviving a night at Camp Ravenwood. ;D

Secret Fawful

Hey! Thanks for the kind words. I probably owe you an update. I'll just say that the game is still going strong, and progress is steady as always. I have been slacking a bit, but not enough to slow things up too much. Have no worries. I'll still be making this at 65 if I have to. Here are some NPC sprites, just for the fun of it.

The girl on the left is around 6 and a half to 7 foot tall, just so you know she's not mis-pixeled. Yeah, blue jeans are a common thing among a lot of the younger characters, but not everybody in the game is wearing blue jeans. :D

Hopefully soon, I'll show off a couple new screenshots, but I don't want to show off too much.

mkennedy

With the title "A Night At Camp Ravenwood" does this mean the game takes place in a single night?

Secret Fawful

I don't want to give too much away, but I can definitely confirm that you spend A Night at Camp Ravenwood.  Whether or not your stay at Ravenwood or earth lasts an entire night will be entirely up to your skill as an adventurer.  :=

proximity

Interesting. I look forward to see which one will die first  ;D
Proximity Entertainment

Armageddon

I'm still awestruck at the amazing backgrounds you've done. :o

Secret Fawful

Just giving an update. I should give updates more often. Progress is steady, although I do get lazy from time to time. The game's still being made, though. That's something that'll never change, and it'll definitely not take as long to make as Duke Nukem Forever. HELL NO. Anyway, this is a new scene to show off, just to show the project is far from dead.

m0ds

Great stuff, a wonderful screenshot. And what's more - an extremely logical puzzle to boot ;)

arj0n

Dualnames

Looks amazing, stop teasing us, you bastard!!
  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

monkey0506

Hah, spelling fail! ;D ;D

By the way, I don't know if you're planning to have voice acting for this game, but you could generate a voice acting script and send that through a spell checker before releasing the game just to prevent this type of issue. :=

Secret Fawful

Teasing? Would I tease you guys about what could possibly be within those spooky buildings, or what a marshmallow could be used for? I wouldn't do that.

Quote from: monkE3y_05_06 on Mon 04/07/2011 17:48:47
Hah, spelling fail! ;D ;D

I don't know what you're talking about.  :=

cianty

What a gorgeous background! I <3 it. :)
ca. 70% completed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk