A Night At Camp Ravenwood

Started by Secret Fawful, Wed 09/03/2011 03:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Secret Fawful

It's funny you would mention that, because Earthbound and Mother 3 were both big influences on this game in tone and style.

LTGiants2000

Quote from: Secret Fawful on Fri 25/05/2012 04:24:16
It's funny you would mention that, because Earthbound and Mother 3 were both big influences on this game in tone and style.

That my friend is EPIC!!!!!

DBoyWheeler

The headless guy... for some weird reason, I can't help but think of the welder, aka John DeFoe, from 5 Days a Stranger.

I think it'd be funny (not to mention cool) if there were some subtle references to Chzo Mythos.  Like maybe Bitchy Barbara might have an autographed photo, and when a character looks at it, he'll mention that it's autographed by Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw (who of course created the Chzo Mythos).

Secret Fawful

He's an obvious and rather necessary play on Voorhees, Myers, the Welder, and all such invincible killers. References: the game is going to be full of them, but I'm not going to ruin the surprises.

DBoyWheeler

Just a little side note... it'd be cool if someone did an AGS game based on the anime and manga "Death Note".

Secret Fawful, do you know death gods love apples?

Heck, maybe it'd be fun if this game had a reference to Death Note or some other horror-themed anime/manga.

edit by darth - posts combined.  do not double post.

Secret Fawful

While I find the story of the manga interesting, I have too many ideas of my own for games to want to adapt anything. Well, except maybe....for MacGyver, but I'd still put my own ideas first.

DBoyWheeler

Good point.

And sorry about the double-post, Darth.  I guess sometimes I forgot the edit button's there for a reason.

shedcore

This game looks incredible - a perfect fusion of genre and visuals. 

This could be my favourite adventure game ever if it plays as good as it looks.

Secret Fawful

Secret Fawful

fózi

Hey, this is looking great, loved the new trailer and screenshots. Keep up the good work!

Armageddon

I believe you're going to sell this? You may want to consider changing the font since LucasArts has some pretty strict lawyers.

Secret Fawful

Caslon's not in the game. And even so, does LucasArts really own it? I guess I doubted that since I found it on basically any free font website.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 30/07/2012 23:29:43
LEC already pissed off 5 million people over their choice to disregard the point & click spectrum, why bother pissing off another 5 mil?

Don't underestimate the power of The Dark Side!

Armageddon

Quote from: Ascovel on Mon 30/07/2012 23:58:00
Quote from: m0ds on Mon 30/07/2012 23:29:43
LEC already pissed off 5 million people over their choice to disregard the point & click spectrum, why bother pissing off another 5 mil?

Don't underestimate the power of The Dark Side!
This. Also what is Caslon?

Darth Mandarb

We're getting off-topic in here.  Please take the font discussion to PMs.

Secret Fawful

I just want to make a note that I appreciate all critique of the website- I will definitely take all issues into account and continue to streamline it. I'm pretty new to html, css, and javascript, so please let me know (through PM) of any bugs and issues you find. I already have a list of a few, and I will work to make the site better and easier to use.

Eventually, I will also update it to add more information about some in-game mechanics to expect and such.

As far as selling the game...I'm still in consideration mode on that. Even if I do, it'll be very VERY cheap. I really want as many people to be able to play the game as I can get, but I'm also working on making it as professional of a game as I can for a first title, without going overboard.

m0ds

Just a quick one to say you can also "like", catch updates and screenshots at the new facebook page for the game - http://www.facebook.com/anightatcampravenwood

Armageddon

Could you post the pretty pictures here to for people that don't have a Facebook account?

arj0n

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk