The Long Overdue MAGGIES 2010 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Started by Atelier, Wed 09/03/2011 17:23:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Atelier

MAGGIES 2010

Well, in the overlapping handover I forgot to hold Maggies - the round-up of all the year's entries! So forget your economic meltdown (aka credit crunch, bankers' crisis etc). It's what's happened here that counts! Last year under King Dualnames we got twenty eight entries over twelve months, a few of which went through to grabbing awards quite recently!

So, I'll cut the spiel and let you get down to voting. You can see an alternative overview of the list HERE.

The way you vote is up to you. As always, it's not about the best coded, or the best graphics, but about the game that you enjoyed the most.

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Ocean Spirit Dennis Gets Textual by ddq[DOWNLOAD]
Don't Look! by Tamanegi[DOWNLOAD]
Dacey in the Dark - Prelude by mode7[DOWNLOAD]
Next to Evil by joelphilippage[DOWNLOAD]
Call Me George by LUniqueDan[DOWNLOAD]
Abduction by mode7[DOWNLOAD]
Little Simulated People by OneDollar[DOWNLOAD]
Robolution by tzachs[DOWNLOAD]
Tale by Calin Leafshade[DOWNLOAD]
Kitten Adventures by Tijne[DOWNLOAD]
Wall-E: The Fan Game by markbilly[DOWNLOAD]
Vector Vendetta by Radiant[DOWNLOAD]
The Parrot Snatchers by Grim[DOWNLOAD]
Living Nightmare: Endless Dreams by Domithan[DOWNLOAD]
Head Over Heels by cat[DOWNLOAD]
Aidas Strange Christmas by King_wiking[DOWNLOAD]
Snakes Of Avalon by Ascovel - Baron[DOWNLOAD]
Space Pool Alpha by SteveMcCrea[DOWNLOAD]
Hard Space: Conquest of the Gayliks by ProgZmax[DOWNLOAD]
Eternally Us by Calin Leafshade and Ben304[DOWNLOAD]
Dead Pixels by Chicky[DOWNLOAD]
Dead Hand by Limping Fish[DOWNLOAD]
AlphaBeta by Crimson Wizard[DOWNLOAD]
AGS Footballer Tech Demo by tzachs[DOWNLOAD]
This odd Feeling by Wyz[DOWNLOAD]
The Secret of Chunky Salsa by Vukul[DOWNLOAD]
The Quest For The Holy Salsa by tzachs[DOWNLOAD]
Shades of Greye by discordance[DOWNLOAD]

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants

I'll keep voting open until a clear winner is decided! (and/or people get annoyed with yet another thread kicking about on C&A). Well... here's hoping for another seven hundred Maggies! Adios!

tzachs

Hah, it's so obvious who's gonna win this one...

Spoiler

The Journey Down.
[close]

Tabata

That's not fair!    :-\

I definitely need much more votes to give!!
This is worse, than choosing the right pair of shoes in the morning.     

I have to try this again tomorrow.

Why do you all have to be so good?

mode7

It's a though one. But I'll vote for a great game which didn't win a single award yet - not even mags
Spoiler
Snakes of Avalon
[close]

Atelier

Honest Atelier & Co.

As usual my minimum fee is 1 vote, £10, with a 1500% increase per vote accordingly*. The same applies for de-voting your competitors. In the latter case, just email me your PayPal details and I'll take care of the exchange, so you don't have to! How's that for good service? And for a limited time only, I'll be corrupting the download and vote links of your competitors. A broken download link will cost you £51 for 24 hours **.

Honest Atelier & Co: service with a smile! (and a smokin' Chicago piano)

* Reading this small print has legally bound you into paying for 3 votes, or I cannot protect you from masked men with bats wrapped in barbed wire.
** The twenty four hours will begin roughly one second after the closure of voting.

LRH

Quote from: Atelier on Wed 09/03/2011 22:20:02
Honest Atelier & Co.

As usual my minimum fee is 1 vote, £10, with a 1500% increase per vote accordingly*. The same applies for de-voting your competitors. In the latter case, just email me your PayPal details and I'll take care of the exchange, so you don't have to! How's that for good service? And for a limited time only, I'll be corrupting the download and vote links of your competitors. A broken download link will cost you £51 for 24 hours **.

* Reading this small print has legally bound you into paying for 3 votes, or I cannot protect you from masked men with bats wrapped in barbed wire.
** The twenty four hours will begin roughly one second after the closure of voting.

Ahhhh what's your paypal email?! I'm willing to PAY FOR THE WIN O_O

Dualnames

Wow, so many good MAGS games! Congrats to whoever the winner will be. I casted my vote. And cashed my check.  ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

(deleted)

Voted! A testament to MAGS that most of the years best efforts with AGS are candidates here.

TomatoesInTheHead

All you Maggots did some really good games there over the past year!
Sadly, I haven't played them all (not even half of them), and haven't got the time to do it over the next few weeks, so I'll have to pass the voting on this one. :( But next year! And then hopefully with my very own entry/-ies in the list :=

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Tabata

I voted with tears in my eyes   ('cause now I don't have left any money for my holliday)  :'(

Thanks to
Quote from: Atelier on Wed 09/03/2011 22:20:02

Atelier

It seems like a winner is emerging already! But we need more votes; there's no reason why each game doesn't get at least one vote from their author ;) If you can take the time to play them, or just remember an entry that really stood out, please vote.

Igor Hardy

Can you give a rough date when the voting finishes, Atelier? I'll try to try out all those titles I missed out on, but I need to know how much time I have for it.

Atelier

Igor Hardy

Afflict

Gona download and get to playing the ones I didn't yet.

Luckily still some time to vote.

Atelier

MAGGIES 2010 - JUDGEMENT DAY

I've decided to cut voting a few days short because (a) voting activity stopped about a week ago and (b) I don't want the announcement to clash with MAGS April.

So firstly, thank you to everybody who voted. We had 25 votes in all which is awesome! Secondly, I'd like to say that there was some suspicious activity with the voting. I know who you are, and hopefully you do too, and that's all that matters. In the end it didn't get you anywhere.

Thirdly, it's time for me to announce the winner! Are you excited? I can't wait to find out who it is ;) Let's take a final look at all the entrants:

Ocean Spirit Dennis Gets Textual by ddq, Don't Look! by Tamanegi, Dacey in the Dark - Prelude by mode7, Next to Evil by joelphilippage, Call Me George by LUniqueDan, Abduction by mode7, Little Simulated People by OneDollar, Robolution by tzachs, Tale by Calin Leafshade, Kitten Adventures by Tijne, Wall-E: The Fan Game by markbilly, Vector Vendetta by Radiant, The Parrot Snatchers by Grim, Living Nightmare: Endless Dreams by Domithan, Head Over Heels by cat, Aidas Strange Christmas by King_wiking, Snakes Of Avalon by Ascovel - Baron, Space Pool Alpha by SteveMcCrea, Hard Space: Conquest of the Gayliks by ProgZmax, Eternally Us by Calin Leafshade and Ben304, Dead Pixels by Chicky, Dead Hand by Limping Fish, AlphaBeta by Crimson Wizard, AGS Footballer Tech Demo by tzachs, This odd Feeling by Wyz, The Secret of Chunky Salsa by Vukul, The Quest For The Holy Salsa by tzachs, Shades of Greye by discordance.

Without yet more ado, hover here for the winner!

Congratulations! A very decisive victory. I'll have to sort out a prize for you them :=

See you next year!

Dualnames

Congratulations to the winner, well deserved. Finally, the game really deserved a goddamn award!  :D :D :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Wow! Great! Thanks very much mode7 and everyone who voted for us, I really appreciate it.

The quality and variety of MAGS titles last year was amazing and pretty much all participants deserve props for their work. I guess Snakes received a little boost in the competition because of not winning anything at AGS Awards despite being very close, but what's important to me is that our game got itself a bit of a cult following here and people truly care about it, which I'm really happy about and proud of.

Also, important to stress - it's Snakes of Avalon by Ascovel && Baron - we both put a lot of effort to realize the game, Alex just doesn't talk as much about it as I do (so we're expecting 1 prize per head - no less ;) ).

Atelier

Quote from: Ascovel on Mon 28/03/2011 21:01:59Also, important to stress - it's Snakes of Avalon by Ascovel && Baron - we both put a lot of effort to realize the game

Ok, it's now changed ;D

I have a feeling 2011 will also be a bumper year. For example we've already had games by Zetsaika and Duncan, and La Sol and Beacon which were quite popular in Completed Games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk