My Stepfather has passed away

Started by Snake, Mon 21/03/2011 01:53:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

After nearly four years of dealing with cancer, my stepfather passed away yesterday.

We were lucky to have him around as long as he was, since, we were told he only had a year at the most.

Seeing him last summer I was sure he wouldn't make it to Thanksgiving, but luckily we had him for not only Thanksgiving, but Christmas as well.

I am going to miss him :'(
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

LRH

Sorry to hear about that, Snake. :(

Darth Mandarb

Guybrush Nosehair

My deepest condolences to you and your family...

Dualnames

Thomas, my deepest condolences. I lost my grandfather lately with cancer, so I feel for you deeply. Having known you a bit as I do, he was lucky to have you around as well.

Dualnames hugs Snake
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Moresco

Sorry to hear that, Snake.  I lost my father to cancer, as well as a few friends.  It's hard, and only gets easier with time....hang in there.
::: Mastodon :::

Nikolas

My condolences snake. I am very lucky to still have both my parents and my parents in law, but I do know how it feels to lose someone you love.

I don't know if this sounds a bit bad, but at least you knew it was coming and you had time to settle with it.

May he live in your heart and mind forever.

arj0n

Wyz

My deepest condolences Tom. I have seen from close by what cancer can do when my next-door neighbour passed recently, yes it sucks. Try to remember him as you knew him and know that he will live on in the memories of all of you. My thoughts will go out to you and your family.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Ponch

Stupot

Deepest sympathies, Snake  :(
It can't be easy for you.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'm sorry to hear about that, Snake.  But at least you had more time with him than expected, and hopefully it allowed everyone to come to better terms with his loss.  Often it's when you lose someone in an instant that the pain and confusion last longer, and I write that from personal experience.

Atelier

Matti

I know what it's like, I lost my father two years ago, too, thanks to cancer.

My sympathies.

Ryan Timothy B

Sorry for your loss.

And honestly, I'd prefer to lose a loved one in a much quicker fashion (heart attack). If you watch and care for them for several years while they struggle to survive, it'll make it that much harder to remember them for who they are. Instead you'll remember who they became. It can become a burden, and no one wants that responsibility or hardship for their loved ones or children.

straydogstrut

My thoughts are with you and your family Snake. Just know that you are not alone.

My uncle died of cancer and my sister's father in law too. It's a horrible, painful way to lose someone. Losing my uncle was hard because I saw him change from the happy, strong man I knew as a child, but I cherish the good times I had with him. There will be good days and bad, all you can do is be thankful for the time you had together.

Tabata

It's very hard loosing someone beloved. Take your time for mourning and slowly you'll be able to look back, seeing more and more of the nicer memories and at last you can remember them it with a little smile.

sincere condolences

Baron

Snake

Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

I've been sitting here wondering what to write to express my gratitude for this community, but I am drawing a blank - much like I do when I sit down to work on Leitor's Edge :P

So I will just leave it as, "Thank you and I appreciate all of you" :)

Now get back to work.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

voh

I wanted to respond but I didn't get much farther than the same 'I lost my grandfather to cancer and therefore I sort of kinda maybe understand how much that sucks, so my most honest condolences for your loss', but felt that that would be a bit empty.

Now, however, I wish to offer that sentiment anyway, because I feel like I should...

Much strength to you and your family!
Still here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk