GNU/Linux Port [AGS 3.1.2 SP1 - beta 3]

Started by Electroshokker, Tue 04/08/2009 07:05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Cephas

I tried this program and had the same problem of speed.
However when I changed alsa to oss in winecfg then used...
env WINEPREFIX="/home/####/.wine" MIDIDEV=/dev/midi3 wine "C:\AGS\5DAYS\5days.exe"
as a launcher sound worked.  ;)
Hope this helps.

Lantizia

Hey I've tried this build and some of the older builds before I was told that the Linux version of AGS doesn't support plugins.  Basically I'm trying to play MMD (Maniac Mansion Deluxe) on Linux natively without using Wine and I get this message...

Script link failed: Runtime error: unresolved import 'GetFlashlightMinLightLevel'

Now the AGSflashlight.dll file is there... but can you confirm this latest build still doesn't have plugin support or when that might be on the cards?

Gilbert

I think even plugin support was added to the Linux engine (which I think is not the case) you still need to have the plugins recompiled for Linux for them to work, so the dlls just couldn't be used directly anyway. For games using plugins your best bet is to use Wine or Virtualisation.

Lantizia

Well AGS Flashlight is the only plugin that Maniac Mansion Deluxe uses...

Does anyone know where I can get from/if available the source code for this plugin - or perhaps a Linux library of the same plugin?  I really would love to get Maniac Mansion Deluxe running on Linux (without wine) just as I have the original Maniac Mansion running on Linux (again without wine but with ScummVM).

I could even package up a fully working Linux version as a .deb and .rpm.

SuperDre

Quote from: Angelus3K on Thu 29/10/2009 17:44:14
Would this also allow AGS games to be ran under Yellow Dog Linux on PS3?
No it won't as the current binaries are x86 binaries only (and since any linux on the PS3 is PPU based it's not possible unless a specific compile is done, which would require the source-code and I doubt Electroshokker has a PS3 or is willing to go through the trouble of trying to get it to compile, and I wouldn't blame him hehe..)..

Electroshokker

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Work's been killing me (both professional and personal), it's almost impossible to find any time for personal projects. (though I try)

I can't promise anything at this point, but I do intend to update the linux port soon.

-----------------

Though I intend to try adding support for other architectures at some point in the future, that's waaay in the future, and will depend on the availability of cross-platform compilers. (as I don't own a PS3, PDA, smartphone or any of that stuff)

SSH

Hi Electro, I know you've not got much time but the fade in/out problem is terrible. Any chance that you could introduce an option to make fades just be instant room changes instead until it is fixed properly?

Thanks,

Andrew

Electroshokker

Quote from: SSH on Thu 18/03/2010 13:10:10
Hi Electro, I know you've not got much time but the fade in/out problem is terrible. Any chance that you could introduce an option to make fades just be instant room changes instead until it is fixed properly?

Thanks,

Andrew

I'll look into it soon, I promise. I cleared the upcoming weekend for my personal projects.

Electroshokker

A temporary fix is up for the fading problem. (See first post)

SSH

-x-

I have problems running Maniac Mansion Deluxe with the two linux builds because of having the same popular errors than other users:

Code: ags

$ ./AGS272 
./AGS272: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/liballeg.so.4.2: undefined symbol: _blender_trans24

It seems that it is because of a wrong compiled version of AGS. Is there a way to fix this?

Electroshokker

New beta is up. Like the new 2.72 build, it includes ags & dumb as static libraries.

Please test.

strazer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk