I Forgot...

Started by LRH, Fri 25/03/2011 15:18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

LRH

Yay. It's here!

I forgot is the story of Jeremy, who had once aspired to be a great artist. Several nights of hard work at his current office job have lead him to fall asleep during his work. When Jeremy dreams, he finds his old world waiting for him as it once was. Guide Jeremy through his dream and see if maybe you can help him to remember what he has forgotten.

This is a fairly short (takes me about 15 minutes to "speed run" it) game, fairly straightforward as well. You should note that I've made a 5th verb for this game. When Jeremy "thinks" about something, he can bring up memories about his past life or even come up with ideas on how to solve certain puzzles.

Here is the page for download:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1414

Hope you enjoy it!

m0ds

Nice one dude!! Well done on getting it finished. Possible bug, not sure:

Spoiler
Going to end of long hallway takes you to com centre level 2, not what happened in beta
[close]

Just checking :)

LRH

Not a bug, just something I changed. Thanks for your concern though. :P

Also, nice one yourself! The music brings it to life! :D

EDIT: Kind of irrelivant but I just noticed...my last game was #1313 in the database...this game is #1414. Weird.

stepurhan

Interesting concept and a good look you've got going on there.

Two things that I think are bugs

Spoiler
If you check the cupboard in the oven room (first floor of the community centre) twice you can end up with a second tray and set of crayons. This may only be possible after you've combined the first set.

I didn't get a hotspot for the darkness when I pointed the lighter at it (break room on second floor), though clicking in the middle of the screen lit the expected candles.
[close]

How do I get through THAT door (you know which one ;) )

Tabata

Nice work and interesting idea!  :D

Tinytim

Quote from: Domithan on Fri 25/03/2011 15:18:10
Yay. It's here!

I forgot is the story of Jeremy, who had once aspired to be a great artist. Several nights of hard work at his current office job have lead him to fall asleep during his work. When Jeremy dreams, he finds his old world waiting for him as it once was. Guide Jeremy through his dream and see if maybe you can help him to remember what he has forgotten.

This is a fairly short (takes me about 15 minutes to "speed run" it) game, fairly straightforward as well. You should note that I've made a 5th verb for this game. When Jeremy "thinks" about something, he can bring up memories about his past life or even come up with ideas on how to solve certain puzzles.

Here is the page for download:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1414

Hope you enjoy it!
[/quote

Finished, I think! Is there only one ending?
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

LRH

stepurhan - Yes, those do seem to be little bugs :( I won't get a chance to fix them for a day or two. As for the door...
Spoiler
there isn't a secret to it...you just have to try really really hard!
[close]

Tabata- Thank you!

Tinytim- Yes there's only one ending.

Kelma

Love it!

Powerful ambiance throughout, great art, and intriguing story, my favorite things in a game!

selmiak

I don't understand the whole story (e.g. why does it start in an office to bring the main character back home, WHY does he meet his past self, etc... ), but I enjoyed it. The riddles were not too hard, and made sense, that's what I like in adventure games.

I voted on the db-page, but not enough votes yet.

LRH

Kelma- Thank you!

Selmiak- Sorry. Maybe the game synopsis isn't very clear. He's a man stuck in a rut at his office job. When he "goes home" he's dreaming. It starts in the office to give you an idea of who he is and what kind of situation he's in. He meets his past self in a dream because it's a dream about what really matters to him, his life as an artist rather than his life as a pencil-pusher.

Thank you for voting too, that's always very much appreciated!

Alla

LRH

Sephiroth

I really liked the atmosphere in some of the game's backgrounds, I immediatly compared it to silent hill for some reason, hehe. I also liked the way you introduced the "think" verb, intresting way to immerse the player.

Maybe a bug:

Spoiler

When you look at the melted tin crayons in the inventory, it displays the Lighter's description, just thought I'd mention it.
[close]

Btw are you the one who composed the soundtrack?

LRH

Thanks! That is a bug...damn. I've got 3 little things to fix this weekend then. And I most certainly did not make the soundtracks. That was the word of our very own legend, Mods.

Sephiroth

I would rather commit seppuku than criticize Mods  :-* but!

I just wanted to say the soundtrack in the second building has a real "Epic" potential, and I would love to see it developped a bit more! Just my two cents...

I didn't say it but thanks and Congratulations for your release!

stepurhan

Quote from: Domithan on Fri 01/04/2011 02:59:50
Thanks! That is a bug...damn. I've got 3 little things to fix this weekend then. And I most certainly did not make the soundtracks. That was the word of our very own legend, Mods.
Could you post on here when you have tweaked the bugs and uploaded the new file? I've got this on my potential list for the March Following Freeware article and knowing the bugs are fixed would be good for that.

LRH

Quote from: stepurhan on Fri 01/04/2011 08:05:19
Quote from: Domithan on Fri 01/04/2011 02:59:50
Could you post on here when you have tweaked the bugs and uploaded the new file? I've got this on my potential list for the March Following Freeware article and knowing the bugs are fixed would be good for that.

That's awesome :D

I've just fixed the bugs this morning but I've got to run off to class. I'll be uploading the fixed version in a couple hours. :)

EDIT: I lied. First class was canceled, so it's up! I'll be giving it another good look over once I'm back as well.

TomatoesInTheHead

Nice atmosphere! :)

I give this game a 6 out of 10!

What do you say, no?

Okay okay, a 7/10.

No?

Alright fine, 8.5 out of 10, you can't be unhappy with that! :P

(that said, you should do more of your Indie Games Night videos :D)

LRH

Quote from: TomatosInTheHead on Fri 01/04/2011 16:30:53
Nice atmosphere! :)

I give this game a 6 out of 10!

What do you say, no?

Okay okay, a 7/10.

No?

Alright fine, 8.5 out of 10, you can't be unhappy with that! :P

(that said, you should do more of your Indie Games Night videos :D)

Hahah, thank you!
And I definitely will...school has been killer lately though. Once I get a few breaks I'll be sure to get more of those out.

Diath

Just downloaded, will be playing it when I get off work tonight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk