Curse of the Mushmuroc castle *EDIT* - Progress report

Started by Vel, Sat 22/02/2003 15:55:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

Based on the book by Colin Wallemberry comes an adventure noone will (hopefully) ever forget featuring:
- More than 30 beautifully hand-drawn locations
- A stunning 640*400 resolution
- 16 bit color
- More than 15 characters
- Idiotic non-linear plot, which will (again hopefully)make the game the most
replayable amateur adventure ever!
here are some screenshots:

If I do all things alone, the game will be released in late 2003. I need some character artists and animators. There is a demo available at my website.
So behold, Gherkin Mushmuroc is coming!
Progress report 20.04.2003
Thaks very much to Petteri A for agreeing to make some midis, a short sample of his music is available at
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Music0.mid
Thanks also to Neole, who did some great sketches, leaving me only the colouring. Here's the progress in percents:
plot/puzzles 90%
Music 10%
SFX 20%
Backgrounds 50%
characters 60%
Which means i will (hopefully) release the game in late2003/early2004

Neole

Looking good! If you just need a character artist I can do them - but not the animations they take too much time!

Vel

Ok Neole, send me some samples of your work(to see if they could fit my style), and then I'll tell you what characters I need. Thanks again for your help

Vel

Great! When can I send you my request?

Timosity

Looking good Vel,

Sounds interesting with a non linear plot, there aren't too many of them around.

keep up the good work

Vel

Thanks, Timosity!
The game's purpose is not to get you stuck at some place, but to try many different possible things, and with some random events to have have quite big replayability.

Neole

You can send the requests anytime. You can IM them or email them to teknostorm@yahoo.com

If you can work with only the sketches, i.e. draw/color on top of the sketches like the ones I have on those links, I can do as many characters and backgrounds as you want. They dont take me any time at all to sketch.

Snake

QuoteThe game's purpose is not to get you stuck at some place, but to try many different possible things, and with some random events to have have quite big replayability...
Cool. This is what one of my other games, The Life of Marty Shore, will be like. An almost do anything type of thing. Maybe I'll look you up when I work on it again ;)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Vel

So, I sent you my request, Neole.
Thanks, Snake.
Progress so far:
Plot:100%
Puzzles:95%
SFX:5%
Music:10%
Backgrounds:40%
Characters:50%

Vel

Neole, I still haven't received the sketches.
And here's another breathtaking screenshot:

Vel

If anyone wants to make midis for the game, please e-mail me. They have to be in a middle aged tune.

Matt

Hi I'm a music composer living in the UK. I write music which I feel is ideal for game productions. If you get time check my web-site out (mattbosworth.com), where you can hear some of my compositions.
Cheers,
Matt

Vel

SOUNDS GREAT!!!!
Just what I needed! Where can I contact you?

Vel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk