Looking for a module or plugin for moving starfield [FOUND!]

Started by Iliya, Tue 04/10/2011 08:33:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Iliya

Hi,

I'm looking for a module or plugin for moving starfield.

Something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJO88Qhxwv4

Thanks in advance.

Gilbert

Will something like this (possibly need to wait a bit until the video is ready) do?

It's not the same thing and may not look as good. It's made with V2.72 and it's just a hard-coded test I made four years ago, so it's not a module, but if anyone is interested I may try to change it into a module.

Iliya

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Tue 04/10/2011 09:01:35
Will something like this (possibly need to wait a bit until the video is ready) do?

It's not the same thing and may not look as good. It's made with V2.72 and it's just a hard-coded test I made four years ago, so it's not a module, but if anyone is interested I may try to change it into a module.

Yes, I think that this will help me (with a little adjustmens). I'll be happy to use this kind of module.

For the adjustments:
- the stars to move in streight line
- colors. I need one color (white or little yellow) for the stars

Thank you very much Iceboty V7000a. There is no module for moving starfield. It will be a great to see this as module.

monkey0506

I once did something similar to prove a point about the transparency issues with DrawingSurfaces. I don't think I still have the source for it though, but I could look around. Or you could go with Icebot. :P

Iliya

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Wed 05/10/2011 04:10:02
I once did something similar to prove a point about the transparency issues with DrawingSurfaces. I don't think I still have the source for it though, but I could look around. Or you could go with Icebot. :P

Thank you, monkey_05_06.

Yesterday, I spend hours to make something similar, but I failed. It's easy to make random stars to move from the center of the screen to the edges of the screen with same speed. But this is not the right way. The speed of star should increase from center to the edges. Also I don't know what is the max numbers of the stars (objects) that I can use in the room. Any ideas? I'm just testing.

For my game I'll use a module if Iceboty V7000a or someone else make a module.

tzachs

There is a module for this!

Take a look at jerakeen's Particle System Module
Download the demo and switch through the examples, you'll see the starfield. The demo also comes with the source code so you shouldn't have trouble integrating this with your game.

Dualnames

Quote from: tzachs on Wed 05/10/2011 12:00:57
There is a module for this!

Take a look at jerakeen's Particle System Module
Download the demo and switch through the examples, you'll see the starfield. The demo also comes with the source code so you shouldn't have trouble integrating this with your game.

+1 at this.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Khris

Seems like all the links are broken.

I just coded a module: StarField_0.1.scm

It's really easy to use and works fine for all resolutions. All it does is paint stars on the room background, so any actual background has to be implemented as non-clickable object.

To use it, simply do:

Code: ags
function room_Load() {

StarField.SetCenter(180, -20);  // not necessary, default is center of screen
  StarField.Do(3000, 15);  // 3000 stars, speed 15
}

default values are 500 stars and speed 10, both parameters are optional

Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhmDihhelU8  (doesn't lag in-game!)

Khris

Dualnames

Quote from: LeKhris on Wed 05/10/2011 12:56:07
Seems like all the links are broken.

Very well said. Then I shall re-provide. Regardless, fantastic job on that module.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bmfqhv5grubw2gu
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Iliya

Perfect! I implemented it!

Thank you, all who answered to my post.

steptoe

Just to say I think LeKhris' StarField_0.1.scm is a winner  :=

steptoe

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

Iliya

Quote from: steptoe on Thu 06/10/2011 04:02:21
Just to say I think LeKhris' StarField_0.1.scm is a winner  :=

steptoe

Yes! I'm using his module :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk