AGS 3.2.1 now released!

Started by Pumaman, Sun 03/04/2011 19:08:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Intangible

What "Download AGS" page are you looking at? The one on the website was updated on 17 April to link to 3.2.1 and looks correct to me.

The page at http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/acdload.htm (which I got to from the "Download AGS" link), under the "Download for Windows" category. The "Download from UK Server" and the "Download plain RAR file" hyperlinks both reference a "AGS-3.1.2-SP1" filename.

monkey0506

Try clearing your history or something, because..no it doesn't.

Intangible

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Tue 24/05/2011 04:11:20
Try clearing your history or something, because..no it doesn't.

Wow... you're right. I just tried it in IE (I've been using Firefox), and it linked to 3.2.1 just like it's supposed to. The freaky thing is that in Firefox, it's still linking to (and even downloading) the 3.1.2 SP1 version. In any event, there's clearly nothing wrong with the website.

monkey0506

I use Firefox and don't have that issue, so, it's something with your system. Did you try clearing the history or using the Refresh button?

Dave Gilbert

Here's an interesting problem I've discovered.  Does anybody else have trouble taking screenshots with the Print Screen button?  I wanted to take some screenshots of characters talking (the game uses talking portraits):

As you can see, the portrait appears just fine but the text doesn't carry over.  I was always able to take screenshots using the previous version of AGS, so I think it's something to do with this new version.

Khris

Weird, I can make screenshots just fine.
You should be able to make screenshots with the built-in function though if you use repeatedly_execute_always / IsKeyPressed().

monkey0506

I just tested on my system and here I am unable to capture any screenshot whatsoever in D3D 32-bit full-screen. It captures an image of the appropriate size, but it's completely black. Every other setting works fine (including D3D 32-bit windowed, DX5 32-bit full-screen, etc.). Did you perhaps change to D3D from DX5? I'd say you should still be able to get a proper screenshot with the Print Screen button either way if it's capturing anything at all, but perhaps it could be relevant?

Dave Gilbert

Aha.  Yes, I was running in DX5 mode, and switching over to D3D enabled me to take proper screenshots just fine.  So yes, it's definitely a DX5 issue.

monkey0506

For me screenshots in both renderers work fine, except using 32-bit D3D full-screen. So it seems to be somewhat related to the running system as well? Definitely worth looking into.

The system I tested on is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with Mobile Intel 4 Series Express graphics.

Dualnames

_
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

elentgirl

I have been developing a game for some time using AGS 2.0.1.  I recently switched to the new version (3.2.1) and have struck a problem I cannot work out how to resolve.  I tried to reset the starting room for my main (player) character (Character 0).  The new starting room was shown in the character details and the character was shown in new 'Characters' list of new start room.  But when I run the programme, it always starts in Room1, the starting room originally set for this character.  This quirk does not seem to affect other characters in the game if I make them the player character.  Am I missing something here?

monkey0506

Try opening room 1 and save it. Open the new starting room and save it. Compile the game. See if the issue is corrected.

If that doesn't work, try the "Rebuild all files" option.

If that still doesn't work, there's probably something in one of your scripts. Try using the Find dialog with ".ChangeRoom(" in the entire project and see if there's any script command sending the player to room 1 anywhere.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure you probably mean 3.0.1 not 2.01 :P

elentgirl

Thank you for your suggestions.  I tried them all but none worked.  I even rebooted my PC in case something external might be interfering but no joy.  I want to do this to test some revised rooms so I'm wondering if the best work around would be to create a new character 'cTemp' to use for this purpose.  The main Character changes rooms OK within the game but refuses to start in any room but Room 1!

Yes I did mean version 3.0.1.

monkey0506

If that's the case then there's definitely something gone wrong here, but it's hard to say exactly what it is. You're certain that there's no calls to ChangeRoom that's sending the player to room 1? There's got to be something going overlooked if the player is still starting in that room.

elentgirl

Hello again.
I decided to dig out an old test version of my game and convert that to the new version of AGS.  That performed exactly as it should when I changed the main player starting room, so I now know it isn't anything wrong with AGS but something I've done somewhere in my programming.  I shall now have a 'drains up' and find it. 
Thank you for your help.

Fightmeyer

I guess i found a bug.

I animated the "wait-Mouse-Curser". I used 10 sprites, that simulate a filling Circle. (like in Youtube-Videos...) Then the Circle shall become empty again, so i used the same Sprites and flipped them in the animation-view.
In the view-preview it works perfect, but in the game, the sprites are not flipped. Another AGS-User was already able to reproduce the bug. Would be fine, if this could be fixed with the next version.

Ryan Timothy B

Has the issue with the collapsing been discovered?

If you collapse something and add an ending brace closing off the collapsed section, it will erase all that is collapsed.

Edit: Actually the section isn't erased, it becomes unaccessible. You have to either Undo, or reopen the script.

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Tue 04/10/2011 18:42:48
Has the issue with the collapsing been discovered?

If you collapse something and add an ending brace closing off the collapsed section, it will erase all that is collapsed.

Edit: Actually the section isn't erased, it becomes unaccessible. You have to either Undo, or reopen the script.

It's not actually deleted, just hidden. Collapsed lines should not be interactable with.
Another way to mess it up is cutting the collapsed line.

- Alan

monkey0506

@Fightmeyer: That's not a "bug", that's a feature "known issue". Animated cursors don't use flipped frames (they show non-flipped). You'll need to import externally flipped versions of the sprites to use in a mouse cursor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk