Coloring Ball 2011 : PASSAGE (ends april 30) WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by Darius Poyer, Wed 13/04/2011 05:20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius Poyer

THE SHAPE

THE THEME
To depict a passage to somewhere. The entrance to a grotto, the road to a kingdom, the path to salvation, maybe some animals burrow or whatever. As long as it's a passage to something, somewhere.

THE RULES
YOU MAY NOT resize, rotate or manipulate this shape.
YOU MUST use at least one shade of pink.
YOU MAY post up to an infinite amount of entries.

THE CARROT ON THE STICK

Armageddon

I thought the coloring ball was just a shape and you come up with something. There were no themes. :-\

Darius Poyer

They pretty much always had some kind of theme, at the very least a context to the shape. If you look back at all the old colorballs like window or IN YOUR FACE they all have something like that.

Gilbert

It all depends on the rules set by the host. Just follow what the host has decided.

Bulbapuck

Been a long time :D

Working on an entry, will edit this post sometime.

Armageddon

Entry #1 - Leaving the Kingdom

Entry #2 - Alice's Keyhole

I have an idea for another one I'm going to try.

(deleted)

Ahh, I see a cheap shot which needs taking.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the pink rule. It's, uhh, just a really subtle shade of pink, that's all.

cat

hofmaier, I had the same idea, but you were faster  ;)

(deleted)

Quote from: cat on Thu 14/04/2011 11:37:13
hofmaier, I had the same idea, but you were faster  ;)

Post it anyway. I'd love to see a pink tombstone.

Edit: I'm cheating.

Bulbapuck

Hate to leave this one sort of half-arsed, but I doubt I'll have any more time to work on it.

The idea was sort of a passage from winter to summer:

Tabata

Still have to learn a veeery lot, to get even near to what I want, but just for the fun of it:

Entry 1:             

... thinking about the eye, called as the window to the soul. But even for this  ???

Entry 2:             

... thinking about a passage for something to eat for ???
(I don't like the other end so much, but maybe there is a chance to get a pinkish „result“ over there, too!? - Naaaah - I won't even try!)

Darius Poyer

Well it seems disaster almost struck once more, as I completely forgot about this. Even though I was visiting the forums on a daily basis, and in fact checking up on this very thread on those days, amazing. So let's end this.

The much coveted golden color-ball goes to,

hofmeier

It was an interesting take on the concept with a clear execution topped with a nice relevant reference, good job! Just look at those festive confetti poppers, certainly feels like victory.

Armageddon

(deleted)

Hey fun. I've never won anything. I must admit to enjoying the pairing of animated confetti poppers with those pink flowers and grey tombstone. I've always felt a bit of solidarity with whoever standardized "magic magenta" as the color used for sprite transparency, since it's generally the most unlikely color to ever be used in a presentable graphic image. Using such flagrant pink in a graphic felt a bit like petty crime.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk