Initial AGS Engine Source Code release

Started by Pumaman, Wed 27/04/2011 01:55:57

Previous topic - Next topic

RedDwarf

Quote from: JawCross on Sat 21/05/2011 10:06:23
#7  0x0007bab4 in quit (quitmsg=0x21a3c0 "|You have exited.")
    at ags_maemo/Engine/ac.cpp:9341
#8  0x000a0af8 in QuitGame (dialog=0) at ags_maemo/Engine/ac.cpp:17995
So something is triggering a normal exit.

Quote from: JawCross on Sat 21/05/2011 10:07:24RedDwarf, what is your target and plans? I can see you have removed almp3 and added some gstreamer -stuff on your branches. Bero, you started cmake-clone for easy building (under Linux), and you have wrote about 64bit systems. Everybody else can also answer: "What is your goal? Short term all long term". I haven't see new commits on https://svn.adventuregamestudio.co.uk:7743/svn/ags/trunk/ nor any sings that 'community effort will be merged to it'. I think they should be merged and I think there should be some plan (or hope) that they will be merged.
My plan is make it work in Linux without crashes and with the same features than in Windows, nothing else. I never used ags at all for being closed source, so I don't know it to tell if it lacks any feature.
I may still look into the plugins thing (I would still want a test game), but nothing else. x86-64 support seems too complex.

Dualnames

This may be wrong, but i can't for the life of me figure this out. This is on the AGSEditor, on the NormalGUI.cs

Code: ags

private Settings _settingsx;
              public NormalGUI() : base()        {
            _settingsx = new Settings();
            _width = Utilities.GetGameResolutionWidth(_settingsx.Resolution);
            _height = Utilities.GetGameResolutionHeight(_settingsx.Resolution);

_x = 0;
            _y = 0;
			_bordercol = 2;
		}

I'm obviously supposedly trying to set the gui's dimensions to the ones of the resolution when you add one. But somehow all my gui's end up 320x200.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

monkey0506

Dual, this is the engine source thread, not the editor thread.

Anyway, I think that it might actually have something to do with low-res versus high-res/native coordinates, not actually trying to set the default size of the GUI to the game resolution. But I could be wrong, and don't have time to look right now.

JJS

Finally, here is an initial AGS runtime port to the PSP.

There are some restrictions, especially this port cannot run high-res games because the native resolution of the PSP is only 480x272 pixels. Also memory demanding games will run out of memory and crash. More about this is written in the readme.

What this port can do is run games requiring certain plugins like snowrain because the plugin exports are implemented as function stubs. This means you can e.g. run Gemini Rue with this (without the rain effects of course).

http://www.jjs.at/temp/AGS_for_psp_3.2.1.zip

Edit: Please use the updated version from this thread.

Are there plans to release the 3.1 and 2.7 source too? Edit: I guess that was already answered. I will stay tuned.
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

subspark

Holy Schnouzer dude. Well done! This is entirely new ground for AGS!
Bravo!

Joseph DiPerla

Nice! Now I need to get me a PSP.

OK, I am making a request for the geniuses out here... ANDROID PORT.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Kyari

Had a quick play around with Gemini Rue on a PSP 2000, seems to work pretty darn well, with the obvious exception of the rain effect everything seemed to run well.

subspark

LimpingFish

Hah, this is awesome! :D

Amazing work, JJS.

I managed to run the intro to my MAGS game Dead Hand, which runs in 320x240, and it looked really nice. Unfortunately, it crashed once it tried to load the first room (1280x960). I'm running it on a 1000, so that probably explains it.

Still, really nice work.

I suggest starting a separate thread for your project.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Mati256

This is awesome JJS!
Maybe some day we will see a Symbian and Android port.
My Blog! (En Español)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Very nice.  I'll echo the android port thing, since I'm actually going to be developing some games for that platform shortly and wouldn't mind being able to use ags here and there :).

abstauber

I suppose that only makes sense, when the Allegro Android port is done ;) But having AGS on touchscreen device would be great.

subspark

I think an iOS port of AGS deserves the second place in line but this is just me and my wishful thinking. :=
Oh and I don't have an android. But I sure would like to see AGS move out of the mother nest and go lay some eggs on some other platforms.

Kyari

Sorry to bump this after several weeks of inactivity, but I was just curious as to what happened with this thread?
Did it just fizzle out, or is there work being done by people behind the scenes or using somewhere else to discuss matters?

Khris

I believe several people are currently working on 3.2.2 using a CVS, yes.

helios123

Quote from: Khris on Tue 28/06/2011 14:32:13
I believe several people are currently working on 3.2.2 using a CVS, yes.

I think you mean SVN. Or is there a new separate CVS repository? Also I could find a 3.2.2 branch in SVN for the editor, but not for the engine. Is the engine code in some new repository?
That's all for now,
helios123

Dataflashsabot

nthing the Android request. The PSP is also ARM and a port of Allegro is being made so fingers crossed!

Ryan Timothy B

I have a question I need to ask someone who know how to read through the source code.
How does the engine use LightLevel from a region on a character, since a character doesn't have a LightLevel function? Does it use Tint? If so, how do you get Tint to match the LightLevel of a region?

I've tried so many different attempts to get the Tint to match the LightLevel that I'm ready to give up. Hoping someone out there knows the solution. There's a biscuit in it for you. :P

Edit: The only thing I can figure out is how to match the character.Tint with Region.LightLevel IF the region light level is below 100 in the room editor. In game, 50 in the room editor is actually -50 (it's value - 100).
Any region with a LightLevel higher than 100, which makes the character whiter and brighter, isn't possible to match with character.Tint.

I've made a suggestion to CJ before about having a Character.LightLevel property, perhaps one of you guys can finally add it now as a new feature.

Edit x2: The code to get the character to match via Tint if the region LightLevel is above 0 and below 100 is this (it doesn't match 100% but very very very close within 1 or 2 RGB difference):
Code: ags

if (theRegion.LightLevel >= -100 && theRegion.LightLevel <= 0) 
  player.Tint(0, 0, 0, FloatToInt(IntToFloat(theRegion.LightLevel) / (-1.35)), 0);

EvilTypeGuy

I apologise in advance for many of the hacky, tacky things I did to the AGS source code to get it to run on Linux with the initial port work.

If you see #ifdef linux or #ifndef win32 or the like, you can probably blame me :-)

I thank Chris for his willingness to let me part of the AGS dream even though I wasn't able to be for very long due to real life obligations(tm).

I sincerely hope that AGS continues on and becomes even more popular.

timofonic

Hello.

Are there plans to release older AGS versions? This can be interesting for compatibility with games using older versions of the engine and digital preservation purposes too.

CJ, what about releasing the entire SourceSafe repository of AGS? It can be converted to Git by using some tool like vss2git. I explained this to you previously :)

Regards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk