Ben Jordan Case 8 - OMG RELEASE DATE!!!

Started by Grundislav, Wed 27/04/2011 06:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

Since enough work has actually been completed on the game now to merit a GiP thread, here's some information for:

Ben Jordan, Paranormal Investigator - Case 8: Relics of the Past

Things are not looking good for Ben Jordan. His best friend is dead, his girlfriend is missing, and his last ally has betrayed him. However, as bleak as things look, all is not lost. In this, the surprising final chapter of the series, Ben will learn the truths hidden in the past and the present, which he will use to finally confront the madman threatening his future.

Screenshots:

Reunite with old friends - and angrily confront them!

Drown your sorrows at the local pub!

Features:
- Fully voiced and lip-synced!
- Play as Ben Jordan and a second mystery character!
- The longest (and the last) Ben Jordan game ever!

Two short teasers for the game can be seen here and here

Official Trailer

Release Date
August 8, 2012

gameboy

Highly anticipating! Obviously. ;D

ThreeOhFour

Great! I love angrily confronting old friends :D

TheJBurger

Awesome! I hear there's a cool rain effect in this game.

TomatoesInTheHead

Great! I love drowning my sorrows at the local pub! :D

Stupot

Sweet!  I love playing as second mystery chacters :P

Can't wait for this, Grundy.

cat

Great, looking forward to this!

Anian

This looks nice. One thing though, and you probably know this - youtube is very wierd about using songs in videos, so get an original soundtrack in there as soon as possible so the video doesn't get pulled or forbidden in some countries (they send you an email about it if it gets flagged).
I don't want the world, I just want your half

proximity

Wohhaaaa ! I can't believe my eyes ! Am i dreamin ?
Proximity Entertainment

Technocrat

Niiiiiiiiice. I intend to download the series to keep myself busy on the flight back from Korea shortly.

barefoot

Hi

I love the Ben Jodan games

Roll on case 8

:=

barefoot
I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

Austin

All this time spent working on it, and by August you only plan to have a trailer released?

How's it feel to be the Duke Nukem Forever of homemade adventure games?

LUniqueDan

Great stuff we're all waiting with expectations.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Cogliostro

So by the end of August the game itself will be released?  Right?  PLEASE!

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

tzachs

Wow, a really good day for AGS!
And now I know I made the right decision going to the mittens...

Grim

Excellent! I'm a big fan!

Secret Fawful

I was just thinking about this the other day. Glad to hear this has a release date, although for some reason I was expecting it in 2012 due to the crazy theories about the year. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store, and if I'm right on who the mystery player character is, then I'm already grinning.  :=

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Austin on Wed 27/04/2011 17:55:43
All this time spent working on it, and by August you only plan to have a trailer released?

How's it feel to be the Duke Nukem Forever of homemade adventure games?

This comment about one of the very few AGSers who manages to make full length, quality adventure games and release them on a regular basis, doing almost everything all by himself?

That's not a very accurate or fair metaphor!  :=

Dualnames

Quote- The longest (and the last) Ben Jordan game ever!

So this will be the ultimatum? No more Ben Jordan after 8?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 28/04/2011 14:16:07
Quote- The longest (and the last) Ben Jordan game ever!

So this will be the ultimatum? No more Ben Jordan after 8?

Maybe he could at least pass on his supernatural mysteries pants to his oldest son (or daughter)?

proximity

Quote from: Ascovel on Thu 28/04/2011 15:05:08

Maybe he could at least pass on his supernatural mysteries pants to his oldest son (or daughter)?

Good idea. It may be the only way to continue chapters.
Proximity Entertainment

Cogliostro

IMHO:

I'm personally happier with a story that has an ending!

If the longest game arc (story arc?) in AGS history is coming to a close, perhaps the rest of us need to step up and produce something?

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Grundislav

Not to worry, it has an ending.  Four of them, in fact!  You as the player can choose which one you prefer as an end to the overall story, but there definitely won't be any spinoffs or "Son of Ben Jordan" games.  This is it.

waluigi

Screenshots are looking great. I'm looking forward to relasing :) But I have hope, that the plot will be... Well, in case 7 it was (in some moments) so crudely anti-Catholic :/ I've ended this part, like all others, but this one had awful plot.

And these four endings-sounds tasty ;) I've got a question-will be in 8 case a "mechanism", which was used in case 3? You know, in some moment there was an accident, where you could go in another way, "shorter" or "longer". Anyway, I have hope that it will be great game :) Good luck, Grundislav Games!

(sorry if there was any mistakes, I'm a foreigner, but I'm doing my best)

Grundislav

Quote from: waluigi on Sat 30/04/2011 08:22:34
But I have hope, that the plot will be... Well, in case 7 it was (in some moments) so crudely anti-Catholic

Anti-Catholic?  I respectfully disagree with you, there.  Sure, the game is set in Rome, and you confess in the Vatican, as well as ask a priest all about saints, and the plot deals with the murder of a priest, but at no time does anyone ever explicitly say "Catholicism and Catholics are bad!"  

The antagonist is a cardinal, yes, but he's not working for the Vatican.  He has his own group of followers and is separate from the church.  I'm sorry if any of this offended you, as it was never my intent to portray Catholicism specifically in a bad light.

However, if you're offended by the idea of organized religion being portrayed as less than positive, you may not like Case 8.

In any case, yes, there are two sections in the game where you make a choice that affects the ending of the game.

Stee

Im going to love this game  ;D

Consequently, I'm looking forward to this Grundy. Keep up the good work. We all love a good BJ.
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Darth Mandarb

[size=8]STOP[/size]

This is about Ben Jordan Case 8.  Nothing else.

ddq

Looking good, Francisco! Maybe this'll make me get around to playing all the other BJ games. But not likely. Have fun with those 45 minutes of dialog, too!

SuperDre

Even though I haven't played any of the Ben Jordan Cases yet, I'm sad to hear this being the last one as I KNOW I'll love the games when I start playing them, which will be soon I hope..

This really looks professional to me, so really looking forward to playing case 8 too..

Saren

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I can't wait until it comes out! I'm really looking forward to it. Hmm will it come with designer commentary? ;P

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

This year, BJ comes to YOU.

Cameliosso

Man, those BJ series are one of the two reasons why I installed windows xp on my macintosh computer - the second one is about Broken Sword games :) Good luck on your work.

PS. Mr. Grundislav, Have you got in mind a physical media release of completed cases maybe ? It would be nice to all have your games as collection on a shelf :)

LRH

That's actually not a bad idea, Grundi. I'd be down with a box set as well. :D

Grundislav

I wasn't planning on releasing any type of box set, but maybe I can do some sort of DVD cover and make it available on my website if you want to burn your own CD and have a DVD box.

Dualnames

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 14/05/2011 02:47:56
I wasn't planning on releasing any type of box set, but maybe I can do some sort of DVD cover and make it available on my website if you want to burn your own CD and have a DVD box.

That'd be great and very thoughtful of you.  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

arj0n

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 14/05/2011 02:47:56
maybe I can do some sort of DVD cover and make it available on my website if you want to burn your own CD and have a DVD box.
Yes please.

Grundislav

I've been working slowly but surely on the game, and putting the tracing- er, I mean rotoscoping - to good use, as you can see in these two new animations:

Kind of hypnotic, aren't they?

CoffeeBob

Very much looking forward to this. I've got a few Ben Jordan games to catch up with before this is released. :=

Also, those animations really are hypnotic. And awesome! Great work, man. ;D

Dualnames

I'm so excited about this. Really really looking forward to this! SO LET'S DO THIS!!

cianty

I am still working my way through the series. Enjoying it greatly...

and these animations look GREAT!!!
ca. 70% completed

Huw Dawson

This game is actually going to come out?! This is heartening news indeed!
Post created from the twisted mind of Huw Dawson.
Not suitible for under-3's due to small parts.
Contents may vary.

barefoot

Ben Jordan rocks   :=

barefoot

I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

helios123

This is great news!!!

Quote from: barefoot on Fri 15/07/2011 17:29:54
Ben Jordan rocks   :=

barefoot

++

I guess it's time to replay the first seven episodes, as it is clearly hinted by the storyline (in the intro in episode 1 and in episode 7, when Ben finds the shelf) that in episode 8 the reason why Ben was selected for all the previous quests is going to be revealed ...
That's all for now,
helios123

Tabata

Wow - look how the jacket is moving in that animation  :o  really cool work!

Clustered

:D I am really looking forward to playing this awsome looking game and the addition that you can control a mystery character as well as ben jordan makes it look more exciting to play.  :D

Grundislav

Link to trailer in the first post.

Grim

Jesus, man! What a great trailer! At first I wasn't sure about Muse playing in the background... but then it all totally fitted! Well done! :)

m0ds

Well that trailer was nothing short of totally gay!!1

Only kidding Manperson -- hope you got some great lines from da man at Mittens. Looking forward to watching Creed play Case 8 at some point  :=

Igor Hardy

Amazing that we've gotten to this point - the official trailer of Ben Jordan 8!

Please come in time, Mr Jordan, and save this year from being primarily remembered as "the last Harry Potter film" year!

AJA

Has anybody seen my jaw? I swear it was there a minute ago.

I mean, holy crap... Absolutely incredible work, Grundislav!

Dualnames

My jaw saw AJA's jaw, so it's all well with jaws.

GRUNDISLAV STOP TEASING US. WE KNOW IT'S AWESOME!

Cameliosso

Hi Mr. Grundislav. Just watched the trailer , and I must say ... the change of graphical style of backgrounds disappointed me a bit ... I mean ... They are consistant and well drawn, but I highly doubt the Beavis'n'Butthead style would comply to  >epic grand finale< character of the very last game in series. Really looking forward to the game tho, as the story and puzzles were always significant elements of BJs which delivered hell lot of entertainment :) Plus I absolutely love rotoscoped animation. Thanks for the most anticipated adventure game of the year :)   

Creed Malay

Quote from: Mods on Sun 04/09/2011 01:20:40
Well that trailer was nothing short of totally gay!!1

Only kidding Manperson -- hope you got some great lines from da man at Mittens. Looking forward to watching Creed play Case 8 at some point  :=

Whut? :P

Looking awesome, Grundy. :D
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

poc301

Sooo looking forward to playing this.

Cameliosso made a point I am curious about too.  Why did you change up the background style?  I think the comparison to "Beavis & Butthead" art style is kinda funny, but I kinda see how it does look similar.

I really LIKE the new style, unlike Cameliosso, and was just wondering what brought it about.  It has a more 'homey' feel about it.

Thanks!

-Bill

Grundislav

Just experimenting, really.  I'll talk about the change in style in the commentary.

Bogdan

I like all of the Ben Jordan games and I am looking forward to play and like Relics of the Past. And if I didn't mention they are one of my favorite games made in AGS. And if I didn't mention all of Ben Jordan cases motivated me to use AGS. And if I didn't men... GIVE US THE BEN JORDAN 8!!!!!!!!!!1 :'(

gameboy

This is relevant to my interest. Nice trailer.

Can't wait to see how the series ends.

Catch22Alk3

Milos Regamer Jevtic

Awesome! The game looks great from the vid, maybe a bit more bluring is needed, but thats just a thought
What is ultimate POWAH?!

DazJ

Winter 2011? Will it be uploaded today then? ;)

Igor Hardy

You obviously don't follow Twitter, DazJ.  8)

It's been delayed, but a demo was released 2 weeks ago.

DazJ

My bad. No, don't follow it. Suppose I should lol.

arj0n

Quote from: DazJ on Sat 31/12/2011 16:35:11
Winter 2011? Will it be uploaded today then? ;)
Will be a 2012 retrospective download  ;)

Grundislav

Oh, right, I'm still working on this!  And not only that, but I'm almost finished, so we have a release date!  Check the first post!

Sane Co.

Finally!
Wait...
I HAVE TO WAIT 2 MORE MONTHS JUST TO PLAY THE GAME!?!?!?!? 8-0 8-0 8-0 8-0
No, I can wait, good luck on the game.  :-D
But seriously hurry up! 8-0
I can't wait.  (wrong)
:~( Please?
:~( :~( Pretty please?
Just take your time.  8-)
See if I care.
EDIT: Sorry about that, tabata must've hacked my account.

DazJ

Only 2 more month to go before we witness the end of an amazing era :)

m0ds

The end of an era! Nice one Ben Francisco! Also good to know Das Banshee will be out around the same time :) Who does that "It was never you Mr Jordan!" voice in the trailer? It's epic! Definitely a Ben Jordany year - there's a link in my sig for my final Ben Jordan Must Die promo as it's just about done. Best of luck finishing this off and also the game series Mr i-s-l-a-v

Ghost

Tingling with anticipation! Two months will just fly by, and then... I'm really looking forward to this one. End of an era sounds pretty ominous too... surely there WILL be follow ups? Please!
m0ds: Awesome music, as usual!

Grundislav

Just a quick bump to update and say that everything is still on track for an August 8th release.  Barring any unforeseen delays, the game should be out in a little over 2 weeks.

david

Oh my  8-0

Am I dreaming or right reading?
the anticipation is getting stronger and stronger
Gimme, gimme little precious
cannot wait for the release, great news on Monday morning  (laugh)

EKM

Finally! I can't wait. This will be great. This is my favourite AGS game series. I must know how it all ends.

Igor Hardy

It ends with Ben Jordan Jr taking over of course. ;)

I'll probably have to wait until September to play it through sadly. :cry:

Intense Degree

Brilliant! :grin:

Looking forward to it and clearing space in my gaming schedule accordingly!

FamousAdventurer77

Squee!! It's been a long time coming!
If you want to know the Bible's contents, just watch Lord of the Rings or listen to the last 8 Blind Guardian albums. It's pretty much the same thing.

SarahLiz

WOO-HOOOO!!  Writing that one down...can't wait, I'm a huge fan of the whole series.

Sarah

pharlap

Im looking forwards to this! The Ben Jordan series and the Trilby series are what really got me interested in AGS to begin with. Since then I have discovered a world of awesome games!

Buckethead

Would be so awesome if this indeed comes out on the 8th of August, as that is my birthday  :-D

Xionix

August 8!!!!! About goddamn time, this is one of the 3 adventures games that I'm most looking foward (the others ones are The Cat Lady and Asylum).

Kusami

Just made this account to say i just started this game series a few days ago, and im on case 6, but due to my insatiable curiosity i went ahead and googled the character wiki and found out   
Spoiler
what the cryptic message at the end of case 4 meant, as in reference to percival, at the end of case 7
[close]
>.< darn it, but i just wanted to say im really looking forward to this post, and cant believe my luck as to the timing of this release; keep up the good work  (laugh)

Snarky

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 22/07/2012 23:51:48
Just a quick bump to update and say that everything is still on track for an August 8th release.  Barring any unforeseen delays, the game should be out in a little over 2 weeks.

Ben Jordan 8 to be released on 8/8... very clever, but you really ought to have finished it four years ago for the full effect. Looking forward to it in two days!

Grundislav

I know, it would have been great to release on 8/8/08, but considering Case 7 was released on 8/13/08 that might have been tricky to pull off...

Sane Co.

Or you could just not release it for 76 more years on 8/8/88

Igor Hardy

But why not go all the way? If the game is to be released in style, it should be put in a time capsule and left sealed until the 8/8/8888

Dualnames

Quote from: Ascovel on Tue 07/08/2012 06:07:50
But why not go all the way? If the game is to be released in style, it should be put in a time capsule and left sealed until the 8/8/8888

I don't think humanity will exist by then. But provided it does, do you think the interest will drop on Ben Jordan or rise to the limit?

Darth Mandarb

Okay okay... enough fun!  Let's get back on topic.

JSH

I'm seriously considering calling in sick to play this tomorrow. ;)

Your games have been a big inspiration to me Grundislav, I'm really looking forward to experiencing the final chapter of the Ben Jordan saga!

Darth Mandarb

Congrats on finishing Grundi! 

I can't believe we've entered an era where there are no more Ben Jordan games in production...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk