Oceanspirit Dennis: 3D [mags]

Started by Icey, Thu 28/04/2011 07:03:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Khris on Fri 29/04/2011 09:53:24
I made you a less annoying avatar:

Feel free to use it anytime. (It's even 60x60 so it won't be stretched or squashed. 8))

This is gonna be my avatar for a week! ;D

Icey.. Studio3:
This months MAGS have also been extended. You would still have had more time to fix things etc...
I have yet to try this or any of your games for that matter (Might of tried a couple but can't remember).

Will probably download and try today, even though the 3D thing don't really tempt me....

Icey

Peder 🚀

The MAGS? This wednesday I believe!

Also, I am trying this 3D thing but I just can't do it..
I guess it is not for everyone..

Icey

I could try to fix things up.

Maybe you should looking at the some stereoscopic pics on google.

Peder 🚀

I did, I even checked the website you linked towards in your readme file.
But it's just not for me I am afraid!

voh

I know you've been called a troll. I know you generally get a lot of sarcasm.

I'm trying real hard not to do the same, but I have to admit, I'm starting to wonder. All the mention of being noticed by SE? That's just too ridiculous for anyone of your age and skill level to seriously consider to be realistic.

Don't stop dreaming, by all means, if you want to end up at SE, go for it!

Just stop telling us about it, because every time you do, we either just feel really sad for you, or we have immense trouble stopping the raucous laughter that's almost giving us an aneurysm.

Re: the game.

Niggles: Stereoscopic images don't work for me. Headaches galore. Battle system non-existent and no fun due to impossibility of losing. Felt like Me With Axe VS Ikea Table. Felt rushed. Evidently is rushed.

Conclusion: Shouldn't have been released.
Still here.

Hudders

Peder 🚀

This being a game or not is really not relevant if you ask me... Though I do think you should just drop this whole 3D thing Icey.
I'd really love to see something from you that is not inspired by/taken from Final Fantasy (I honestly can't stand those games).  And you should concentrate on 1 project at a time and maybe do short games? :).

(I really need to learn 1 project at a time myself...)

Icey

I am only going to work on my upcoming game due to recent reviews from a testers. It will take me 2-3 months to finish the game.

R4L

Quote from: Studio3 on Tue 03/05/2011 03:26:44
I am only going to work on my upcoming game due to recent reviews from a testers. It will take me 2-3 months to finish the game.

Is it anything Final Fantasy related?  :-\

Icey

Uh, well. In my eyes its an original that is an Adventure/RPG with a few (2) FF reference's like the moogle's(Only reason why I keep them is because they are not that big of a deal to have & people think they are cute & they fit the game with out you even knowing its a reference because there is only one moogle & it is referred to as Mr.Mog.

In the eyes of a lot of AGS members it's nothing but a big FF rip of that takes every thing from Final fantasy.

Hudders

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Tue 03/05/2011 00:49:59
This being a game or not is really not relevant if you ask me...

Given that this is an entry into a game making competition and is posted under "completed game announcements", I'd say it is relevant.

Technocrat

Quote from: Studio3 on Tue 03/05/2011 05:28:20
Uh, well. In my eyes its an original that is an Adventure/RPG with a few (2) FF reference's like the moogle's(Only reason why I keep them is because they are not that big of a deal to have & people think they are cute & they fit the game with out you even knowing its a reference because there is only one moogle & it is referred to as Mr.Mog.

In the eyes of a lot of AGS members it's nothing but a big FF rip of that takes every thing from Final fantasy.

It's more than just the wholesale transfer of game elements (like moogles - replace them with hamsters, or something), but also the aesthetic. The first thing I think of, when I see pictures from you games, is Kingdom Hearts. I can appreciate trying to capture the feeling of something that one has been inspired by, but I'm sure people would agree that yours always go waaay beyond inspiration, and head straight into "original fanfic" territory.

Monsieur OUXX

The guy just meant he doesn't want to be insyulted. The fact that he wrote "I don't want negative comments" was an unfortunate way to express his request, and he paid the price for it. But you still knew what he meant (unless you're autistic), and your conscience will torture you for the rest of your life (I hope)  :)

R4L

Quote from: Studio3 on Tue 03/05/2011 05:28:20

Well, that's because it is. You didn't create Moogles. Just having them in your own game with it's own storyline assumes you made them up. And it is a big deal considering you don't have permission to use them, but I'm just saying the same stuff countless people have already told you on here, so I'll spare you for my own sake.

Like Technocrat said, your games give the vibe of Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy. That would be cool if it actually didn't contain characters and elements from BOTH franchises...

Don't mistake this post as insulting. I'm just expressing my opinion on the matter.

Icey

I am not going to get upset at all yet I feel I should state my opinion.

1.One of the biggest reason my games give of the FF/Kh vibe is because of the character art. Even if I wan't to change my art style I couldn't because I been accustomed to drawing FF style for years.

2. I just wan't to put out there that there are two different PMQ series.

PMQ.Legends has been based of my of Final fantasy since 2005 but it was always it's own story.

PMQ is a completely separate story that has nothing from FF or KH games. This series stated in 2009 right around the time I joined AGS.

Khris

He's still trying to hammer the square enix block into the round hole.

From a final fantasy forum, posted today:
Edit: quote removed

Basically, we are incapable of judging what a true FF game needs. Also, fixing known errors before starting a new beta-test is optional.

Edit after his post: it's "want", not "wan't".

Icey

Oh I noticed that however I don't get any errors for that so I barely notice it. Only when talking and typing like I am doing now.

I need you guys to test my game because you actually know your way around AGS & it's basics.
I need them to test my game because I need it to have more of a FF feel. & I don't mean the story or anything, But there are key elements FF games have the make the story so good. Ali shared his thought and it provide me with a way to make the story long and stick to the game. Every ones thought count but it's how I feel to use them.

How did you find my post? I am petty sure it wasn't that hard but it's weird that you found it just like that.

Ali

Quote from: Khris on Tue 03/05/2011 20:38:07
He's still trying to hammer the square enix block into the round hole.

From a final fantasy forum, posted today:
QuoteOn with my point now. I am a game developer & art director at my indie game company called Studio3. Right now we are working on a game that is called Pub master quest Legends. The game is sorta plays the role of a Final fantasy game. I recently had a tester on another Forum review my games beta.

He gave me a long & detailed list on this I should fix & add.

unfortunately I am currently processing all the fixes. However I still have the same testing beta & I would like for other FF fans to test it out and give me their thoughts.

It matters more that you guys try since you know what a true FF game needs.

Basically, we are incapable of judging what a true FF game needs. Also, fixing known errors before starting a new beta-test is optional.

Edit after his post: it's "want", not "wan't".

Come on now, this is unfair. The guy can't ask Final Fantasy fans if they like his Final Fantasy fangame?

If you have to search other websites for reasons to be annoyed with Studio3, then that's pretty strong evidence that he's not trolling here.

Sorry to go off topic.

Grim

Quote from: Studio3 on Tue 03/05/2011 20:47:06

Every ones thought count

Look, I'm really sorry, but I thought I'd share my thoughts if you don't mind (if they count too). Since every time I see your game mentioned I only have this one thought, really... I decided it would be best to express it by this picture:

I don't mean it in a nasty way.Actually, I like it how through perserverance you turned from hated by all troll into some sort of forum pet... ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk