Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

Started by quo_sp, Fri 06/05/2011 09:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

quo_sp

News:

Tanis have been extended to the complete Raiders of the Lost Ark :), now we are a team, actualy working in the prologue that will be completely playable :).

We will update the image above with the recent advances (all of the prologue), next step: "Death Traps".

The Idol Project Has started :)

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

This is the first part of the Tanis section that will cover the map room. The objectives will be to find the way of to entry in the map room and to try to discover where is the exact situation of ark of covenant in the Tanis dig, after that it not will be a so easy task to leave the map room.

This is a English sort demo proofreading by Jared F. that will show one of the puzzles involved in the task of to entry in the map room. A new extended demo is under way.

Music in the sort demo is only for test and include a few cuts of the original soundtrack. An amazing midi music of the original soundtrack is under way composed by Victor M. García Crespo, hope be ready for to be included in the extended demo.

Video trailer created by Roberto CG from indianajones.es

More information and download of the demo from:
http://www.indianajones.es/videojuegos/raiders-aventura-english.php

Hope you enjoy.

agentbauer

Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

arj0n

Just run the demo, awesome classic retro look. Yummie!

ZapZap

Está genial, sobretodo gráficamente, espero que para la version final añadas el codigo para unhandled events y pidas más correctores para la traducción, pero vamos que está genial

Translation by Darth:
"It is great, especially graphically, I hope for the final version [you] add the code for unhandled events and ask for more corrections for the translation, but it is cool"
- Please post in English if you are able!  (use google translate ... don't worry about broken English!)
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

hansolo1970

Dear quo,
i  am  happy that you you finished your  english demo version
i am certainly that you ve done a marvelous job as always
i will download it and enjoy it

thanks from all of us adventures gamers

i will post you again after...

!!!

BaptisteTheFool

I'll download too. :)

I proofread it, but it's hard, staring at a text file, to know if what you're correcting makes sense in context. :)

Monsieur OUXX

I really like the character design, in particular this Gestapo guy (the guy in black whose name I can never remember)

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Ouxxey_games on Fri 06/05/2011 17:55:37
I really like the character design, in particular this Gestapo guy (the guy in black whose name I can never remember)

Toht.

selmiak

cool stuff and nice graphics.
The rest needs more work. What I mean:
Bigger hotspots.
More interactions.
Better translation.
I didn't hear any sound at all.
When clicking use+Item and then clicking open I still have open Item with in the Actionline.
The small empty bag is placed in an inventory spot where it shouldn't be and leaves one inventory spot empty.

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 06/05/2011 20:27:07
cool stuff and nice graphics.
The rest needs more work. What I mean:
Bigger hotspots.
More interactions.
Better translation.
I didn't hear any sound at all.
When clicking use+Item and then clicking open I still have open Item with in the Actionline.
The small empty bag is placed in an inventory spot where it shouldn't be and leaves one inventory spot empty.

I'll play it shortly to see how the translation turned out.  But here's what I will say.

The conversation between the launder and Indy was really confusing to proofread.  I read it one way (that Indy was talking about Paul as if he had already met him) and though that was chronologically impossible, I corrected with that reading in mind because that's what the dialogue seemed to suggest.  I mentioned this confusion to Quo and he explained that Indy was talking as if he might meet Paul in some future travel and that my translation was fine.  --since that's not how I read it at all, I don't see how it could be fine.

But yes, syntax issues like that make this surprisingly difficult.  So I don't doubt that the translation isn't perfect.

selmiak

There are also some typos and letters that don't belong there in the speech. Even though I'm no native english speaking person I would volunteer as a second translator or for proofreading a second version of the demo or a second demo (but must be a third then I have a small ROTLA demo already on my hdd :))

Other than that I give up on the game. I have finally

Spoiler

put the one hold rope to somewhere near the fence and the other clothes but the other end is still hanging around.
I have the pieces of rope in my inventory.
When looking at the mast Indy has an Idea (me too) but I can't get the second end or another rope onto the mast to finally dry the dress and get rid of Ahmed. I can't knot the pieces of rope to the loose end.
All these interactions without Indy saying something or giving even a small subtle hint is also quite demotivating : (
[close]

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 06/05/2011 21:03:36
There are also some typos and letters that don't belong there in the speech. Even though I'm no native english speaking person I would volunteer as a second translator or for proofreading a second version of the demo or a second demo (but must be a third then I have a small ROTLA demo already on my hdd :))

Other than that I give up on the game. I have finally

Hmmm...  I thought I caught all of those.

Mati256

Is this the same as the spanish version or is it longer?
My Blog! (En Español)

quo_sp

Thanks to all  :)

About the translation, I would like to say that Batiste did a great job considering that he worked on a first translation made ​​by me and that was pretty bad, I think this could cause confusion.

It is true that lack interaction, that is because I focused on everything that surrounded the puzzle and many things were left undone, I hope to fix everything in the next demo.

Selmiak
Spoiler
maybe you need another object that was you before.
[close]

Mati256, it is the same.

What about the puzzle?

SuperDre

ahhh, indy, looks really like lucasarts themselves did it.. Oh, I can't wait till this is done into a complete game of Raiders of the lost ark. hehe.. if you ever finish it, it will be awesome, and hoping Lucasarts isn't going to screw this up due to IP protection..

fan1bsb97

NM figured it out!

Although...that last screen cap never appeared.

quo_sp

Thank you SuperDre  ;)

Quote from: fan1bsb97 on Mon 06/06/2011 01:23:51
NM figured it out!

Although...that last screen cap never appeared.

The last screen is part of the extended demo, I'm woorking on it.

By the way I' reworking in some parts and characters. This is a sample of the new look of Sallah and Indy disguised.

BaptisteTheFool

Tabata

Made it through the demo  ;D

... and now I know, that I will like this game  :D

- good work so far -

quo_sp

News:

Tanis have been extended to the complete Raiders of the Lost Ark :), now we are a team, actualy working in the prologue that will be completely playable :).

We will update the image above with the recent advances (all of the prologue), next step: "Death Traps".

The Idol Project Has started :)

SuperDre

FANTASTIC! good luck, and hopefully Lucasarts won't screw things up...

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: quo_sp on Fri 08/07/2011 19:17:38

The Idol Proyect Has started :)

Those death traps may just be one of THE greatest pieces of Adventure Gaming EVER! And I can't wait to see what you guys do with the car chase later on. That may be my favorite scene from any movie ever!

Secret Fawful

Hey, congratulations. This is a fantastic idea. I can't wait to see this make progress.

Mati256

Great news Quo!
Keep up the good work!
My Blog! (En Español)

theo

Cool news, man! Lookin' forward to seeing more pics!

cianty

ca. 70% completed

BaptisteTheFool

:D

Best of luck, Quo!  We're all rooting for you!

doctorfargo

hansolo1970

quo_sp we are all waiting to see the idol intro... and your awesome traps you will create for the game...
what a great idea this is...
keep up the good work !!

BaptisteTheFool

Quo, how about introducing us to the team?  Who's working on this future masterpiece?  :)

Jackpumpkinhead

i still dont understand how to get a team together :'(
oh well
this looks great and i am looking forward to seeing it finished
currently on an indefinite hold.

quo_sp

BaptisteTheFool, actualy someone is working on it, but ideas are welcome :)

Update post with "Death Traps": "Legend say that the Temple is guarded by 3 Gods: Sun, Serpent and Thunder."

Next step: "A long way");

quo_sp

Update post with "A long way", next step: "The Guardian");

doctorfargo

The artwork looks really good!  :)

BaptisteTheFool

:o

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

Hey quo, I've a question pertaining to the game-play.  Are we going to be presented with multiple paths like in FOA?  Will there be any sort of mechanic along those lines?

Mati256

Just awesome quo! Those screens look fantastic!
My Blog! (En Español)

Guybrush Nosehair

Am I wrong to believe that this game is progressing at an accelerated pace?

Jandemor

Let me introduce myself.
My nick is Jandemor and I am actively working on this project with Quo.
I'm a programmer, but also an animator and designer .. in short, do a little bit of everything.

We work fast. We have the same ideas. I have lucky to work with Quo.
We hope you enjoy the results.

A gift.

PS: Not photoshop, is a screenshot of the game. ;)

Matti

Aside from being an ugly JPG it looks very cool! Keep up the good work!

quo_sp

Yeah, Jandemor,  ;)

He is programing the game and doing a great job, with interesting situations,  :D, and a great stuff spriting characters and animating In the screenshot you can see also to Satipo and Barranca made it by Jandemor.  ;)

BaptisteTheFool, we don't have still contemplated the possibility of multiple paths, but will be new and interesting situations.

arj0n

Beautiful Jandemor, good luck on the project Jandemor & Quo....

cianty

Wow! Looks like this could become HUGE...
ca. 70% completed

BaptisteTheFool

Well I'm excited!  That screenshot looks sexy!

Greetings, Jandemor!  You are no doubt a great asset to the project!  Keep the fantastic work coming along, it's very much appreciated! :)

hansolo1970

Quo this is very cool...Satipo and Barranca characters this is great...
your project is massive guys...you have think of everything...and the sreenshot of the forrest river looks great...

you have made all of as adventure gamers much exited

a big thans to Quo and his great team for the effort and hours the spend to create this masterpiece

Lt. Smash

Wow, this looks amazing! Keep up the good work!

@quo_sp: check your personal messages ;)

Matti

Secret Fawful

BaptisteTheFool

Looks great but uh... Indy's form on that whip is considerably off.  If he's throwing a forward flick it should kinda look like he's throwing a baseball overhand.  If it's an underhand flick, same deal...

Sent you guys a PM!

Jandemor

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Sat 23/07/2011 18:38:45
Looks great but uh... Indy's form on that whip is considerably off.  If he's throwing a forward flick it should kinda look like he's throwing a baseball overhand.  If it's an underhand flick, same deal...

Sent you guys a PM!

Do not worry. The movement shown is not the release of the whip is the return.

I know how to use a whip.

A sample. Me.. with 2 whips. XD

BaptisteTheFool

Phew!

I guess I should have to see the animation.  The height of his arm seems a bit odd, but perhaps it plays better in animation.

So who made your whips?  What are the specs?   They look gorgeous!

Darth Mandarb

We are getting a tad off-topic here... let's try to stay on track pretty please!

quo_sp

Updated post with "The Guardian", next step: "Hidden Temple": :)

Jandemor

Yeah... another pic...

;D Spanish Interface!!

PS: Sorry for the off topic.

JJS

This is shaping up to be awesome. I'm psyched for it and I sure hope it will be released in English too.  :P
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Jandemor

Quote from: JJS on Wed 27/07/2011 14:40:29
This is shaping up to be awesome. I'm psyched for it and I sure hope it will be released in English too.  :P

Yes, it will be released in English.   ;)

BaptisteTheFool

Oh man, this is AWESOME!  :o

I spy with my little old eye....

Indy's whip, the Chachapoyan map, a sand bag, Indy's SW17 and...  hmm... not sure what that last thing is.  A stone glyph of some sort?

Very exciting!  I'm hoping we get to look at the map as we would the Diary in Last Crusade or the Hermocrates.

hansolo1970

Jandemor these screenshots of the game are so fantastic !!
Exactly like everything was in the original movie of Raiders...
and the characters...you guys thing of everything.....
this would be a great game when it is complete.....

we are all waiting....!!!

BaptisteTheFool

I like him!

His face reminds me of Indy's from Last Crusade. :P

Though his outer shirt and undershirt kinda blend in a bit.  Perhaps his undershirt should be a few shades nearer to white?

Guybrush Nosehair

Snarky

I'm just wondering, is there some reason why it's called "The Idol Proyect", or is it simply a misspelling?

quo_sp

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 29/07/2011 06:54:47
I'm just wondering, is there some reason why it's called "The Idol Proyect", or is it simply a misspelling?

Yes is a misspelling is The Idol Project  ;), sorry I thinked in spanish :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

You're going to be able to ACTUALLY USE the whip, like to whip things (and people)? 

Finally, someone is actually making an Indy game with some balls.

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: ProgZmax on Wed 03/08/2011 09:24:11
You're going to be able to ACTUALLY USE the whip, like to whip things (and people)? 

Finally, someone is actually making an Indy game with some balls.

Considering that the still we see with the whip is a scene that's actually in the movie, I don't find this all too shocking.  You use the whip to whip the rodent in FOA, to knock out a Nazi in Omar's house, etc.  You use it to uncork that hole in the ceiling in Last Crusade... there's probably another puzzle too that I'm forgetting about off the top of my head.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Bah, FoA barely used his gun or his whip.  I want a WHIP button!

Jandemor

In the prologue you can use the whip at least 4 times.

mmmm... "you can use the whip".... no ..   you MUST use the whip..  ;D

quo_sp

Updated post with "Hidden Temple", next step "Persecuted"

BaptisteTheFool

Oh man!  Yet another awesome screenshot! :)

Darth Mandarb

You should update the first post to include that montage image so people don't have to search the entire thread for it!  Just a a suggestion (not required by the rules!).

quo_sp

Thank you Darth Mandarb  ;), updated first post.

BaptisteTheFool

So how long is the game going to be?  Roughly FOA length?

Jandemor

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Thu 04/08/2011 00:56:06

Is difficult to know the length of the entire game.

For example: one of the beta testers took about 25 minutes to pass the first part of the prologue. The puzzles are fairly simple at first, the difficulty increases as you progress in the adventure.  ;)

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: Jandemor on Thu 04/08/2011 07:19:19
Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Thu 04/08/2011 00:56:06

Is difficult to know the length of the entire game.

For example: one of the beta testers took about 25 minutes to pass the first part of the prologue. The puzzles are fairly simple at first, the difficulty increases as you progress in the adventure.  ;)

I like the sound of that. I'm more excited for this than any other Indy game being developed. It looks like things are progressing at a rapid pace. Is that correct?

I'm so looking forward to the car chase scene. I don't know how you guys are going to make it work, but I'm sure it will be great!

Is anyone working on a website for this game?

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: grim107 on Thu 04/08/2011 18:16:25
I like the sound of that. I'm more excited for this than any other Indy game being developed.

Same.  This has me extremely excited.  First thing I do each morning is to check here for updates!

Also been wondering how they're going to manage the chase sequence.  Perhaps something similar to the chase in FOA?

Jandemor

I like the sound of that. I'm more excited for this than any other Indy game being developed. It looks like things are progressing at a rapid pace. Is that correct?
Is correct. work fast.  :)

I'm so looking forward to the car chase scene. I don't know how you guys are going to make it work, but I'm sure it will be great!

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Thu 04/08/2011 18:45:13
Also been wondering how they're going to manage the chase sequence.  Perhaps something similar to the chase in FOA?

I have a couple of ideas for the desert chase.
I hope you enjoy it and be surprised by the chase.

Is anyone working on a website for this game?

The website is in progress too.. ;)

Thanks for your support!!!

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Jandemor on Thu 04/08/2011 19:58:55
Thanks for your support!!!

No my friend, THANK YOU! :)  I hope this project is as enjoyable for you as all these little updates have been for us.

Looking forward to the website!  I'll continue to follow your progress closely.   ;D

Jandemor

Another change.

I like the Sprite of FOA ... but that sprite needed a change.
This is a comparative of Sprites.
Left: The Sprite of FOA. Right: Our version of Indy Sprite

Bye bye mirrored Sprite..  ;D

Do you like?

hansolo1970

yes its better
it is no mirrored anymore...you can see the changes under indy's hand

good work Jandemor

BaptisteTheFool

I love it!  Glad my suggestions was taken to heart. :P

Just an observation-- on the walking sprite, the shade of his jacket seems to change for one frame.

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Fri 05/08/2011 17:01:22
I love it!  Glad my suggestions was taken to heart. :P

Just an observation-- on the walking sprite, the shade of his jacket seems to change for one frame.

Yeah, I also noticed that. Also, I'm not entirely sure, but to me, the head bobbing seems a little unrealistic. Kind of like it doesn't happen frequently enough.

Baptiste, it's nice to see that there's someone else here who's just as enthusiastic about this project as I am. Raiders was always my favorite movie, and I just know that it can work so well as a game. Would be great if they could get Doug Lee to voice Indy when it's done ;D. That would be a dream. Ah well...

Darth Mandarb

I knew this was going to happen... this is NOT the Critics Lounge!  Keep the C&C out of here (it just will clutter up the thread).  Author(s), if you want C&C please post in the critics lounge instead.

hansolo1970

Darth Mandarb is right !! guys....
We all should be thankful to Quo and Jandemor for creating this game and spending all those hours and effort
to give us the game we all been waiting for all these years since Fate of Atlantis....
the critics and suggestions are for the critics lounge thread not here...

quo_sp

Thanks for the support, we are working fast  ;)

Updated first post with "Persecuted", next "The Honeycomb"

Guybrush Nosehair

Looks good. Just out of curiosity, why is this game subtitled The Idol Project?

hansolo1970

it is called The Idol Project because it is the point  where Indy gets
the Golden Fertility Idol from the Hovitos Temple at the beginning
of Raiders...

quo_sp

Basicaly hansolo1970 gives the main reason   ;)

Another reason is to diferentiate from the other project of Raiders. Also at the beginning we need a code name, and finally Raiders of the lost ark is a icon of the adventure, and Indiana jones an idol for who like the adventure.  :)

Guybrush Nosehair

So I'm confused. You're planning on doing the entire Raiders movie, right? So will you piece everything together into one game when you're done? Or is this going to be episodic?

quo_sp

We are doing the entire Raiders movie, and will be a entire game, not episodic. Right now we are working in the prologue part that will be completaly playable. The prologue will have more than 20 backgrounds inspired in the film, so will be relatively long introduction of the game, with a couple of diferent situations but inspired in the movie :)

A sample ingame of a situation inspired in the movie (sprites are still old versions)

Guybrush Nosehair

quo_sp

Updated first post with "The Honeycomb", next "The Fork".

Guybrush Nosehair

You guys never fail to amaze me  8)

Jandemor

We're Online
I'm back from my holiday in USA and I'm back with the game

Two new screens, the sprite of indy is updated...

www.teckelstudios.es - The site is currently only in Spanish, we hope to have it in English soon.

hansolo1970

Jandemor those are very nice screens just like the real movie...
the new sprite of Indy is fantastic....
(Satipo and Barranca ....great man....)
hope you make the site in english soon...
keep the good work....
we are all waiting for the release of the demo
its gonna be great ....cant wait.....

DutchMarco

Darn, I've already seen the film, so I know how this game goes :( But I'm excited about this prroject! Please do bring it to fruition! (don't let it stall like what happens to so many ambitious projects)

arj0n

Igor Hardy

Looks great and I hope you'll make also a completely original Indy adventure after finishing Raiders, Jandemor.

cianty

ca. 70% completed

BaptisteTheFool

:o

Hot damn!  Looks awesome!

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 26/08/2011 14:30:30
Looks great and I hope you'll make also a completely original Indy adventure after finishing Raiders, Jandemor.

I second this statement, but I'll be satisfied if this game ever sees the light. Let's not focus on the future possibilities before this game nears completion  ;)

Jandemor

Quote from: grim107 on Sun 28/08/2011 06:13:09
Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 26/08/2011 14:30:30

I second this statement, but I'll be satisfied if this game ever sees the light. Let's not focus on the future possibilities before this game nears completion  ;)

First of all is to complete this game...
Then, in the future, we will see what happens...  :)

shse

Will this game be freeware or commercial?

I really loved the demo! :D It's awesome!

shse

shse

when is the game supposed to be released?

Lt. Smash

Say, do you use the old "Deluxe Paint"  to make these wonderful backgrounds?  :=

quo_sp

shse it's early for a release date, right now we are with the prologue, a demo is near to be completed  ;)

Lt. Smash, yes the backgrounds are made with the old and great Deluxe Paint II.  :)

shse

I am a hebrew speaker. Maybe I will be able to translate the game to hebrew.

hansolo1970

Quo and Jandemor   thats great news...
cant wait to experience  the prologue demo
hope it is in english because my Spanish are not so good
(when i was younger i went to Spanish  school but the teachers only speak Spanish and i didn't learn  anything...ha ha ha )

See U guys....great stuff.....

Jandemor

Is short to complete the technical part of the Demo.
Then the demo going to translate to English, we need a pair of beta testers, to check the demo in English and then post it for everyone.
Not going to give an approximate date, there is still time.
;)

shse

Is anyone from this forum translates the demo to english?

Jandemor

New pictures....

The Demo is almost finished... ;)

hansolo1970

Jandemor i quess the guy with the uniform and the hat is Dr. Rene Belloq  (indiana jones competitor in archeology)  am i right ?

BaptisteTheFool

Looking good!!!!  :o

Love the detail on the Indy sprite.  The presence of the satchel is really great!

quo_sp

quo_sp

A sample of an Hovito in new version, previous version was a bit small.

BaptisteTheFool

Much better.  The old version looked a bit messy.

Getting more and more excited by the day!

hansolo1970

hoaou!!!!....the hovitos looking great.....good detailed work guys!!!

Jandemor

I have sent PM to the beta testers, are going to try the English Demo.

EDIT:
After talking to a couple of people about the translation ... we consider changing our translator ... the current is slow and as the testing of the demo, it does no good translation.

English demo release delayed.

Lumpupu

Hi Jande and Quo! just wanted to say how great this project is, and damn! you all work fast! The work is INCREDIBLE (en dos palabras, IN-PREZIONANTE). Its really nice to see how detailed the characters and backgrounds are, wish i were so talented.

I was happy to see you both here, i often read you there at the indianajones.es site.

Keep up the good work! And if you need a translator, well, im not the best, but maybe i can help a bit.

And PLEASE... make a puzzle so we can be who POISON that EVIL MONKEY! (arrrrgh, that monkey... the ba****d)...
"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain". Gosh... Gotta love musicals!

Jandemor

Quote from: Lumpupu on Thu 15/09/2011 02:47:18
Hi Jande and Quo! just wanted to say how great this project is, and damn! you all work fast! The work is INCREDIBLE (en dos palabras, IN-PREZIONANTE). Its really nice to see how detailed the characters and backgrounds are, wish i were so talented.

I was happy to see you both here, i often read you there at the indianajones.es site.

Keep up the good work! And if you need a translator, well,I'm not the best, but maybe i can help a bit.

Thanks!!!
we have another person who works in translation. This person is faster and we think it works much better.
I contacted him yesterday, and today sent me the full translation. ONLY A FEW HOURS. The old translator took TWO WEEKS..  (and he made a mistranslation)

Quote from: Lumpupu on Thu 15/09/2011 02:47:18
And PLEASE... make a puzzle so we can be who POISON that EVIL MONKEY! (arrrrgh, that monkey... the ba****d)...

Hahaha.. great scene.. we will consider it.. :)

Lumpupu

My god... that is what i call FAST translating... Well then, i'll simply have to PLAY this wonderful game...  ;D
Just cant wait for the demo!

Cheers

L.
"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain". Gosh... Gotta love musicals!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Quotemake a puzzle so we can be who POISON that EVIL MONKEY!

That would make absolutely no sense.  It's the monkey's master who poisons the dates in an effort to kill Indy, and the whole irony is that he kills his monkey instead.

hansolo1970

what news Jandemor ?
we are all waiting for the release of the English demo my friend....
we are all so excited... 

arj0n

Jandemor

The demo is completed.
In a short while will be ready to download.

Darth Mandarb

So why not wait till you can actually post the demo-link?

I make this post because:

1) that type of post always bugs me ... there's no reason to post "will be available shortly" because that means it's not complete (as was stated!) and you should have just waited to post until it WAS ready and...

2) now when you make another post to provide an actual link (hopefully?) it won't be a double-post.

I'm not being 'rude' or anything... just expressing (what I would guess) would be all our aggravation at being told it's ready... but we can't try it yet!

Jandemor

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 03/10/2011 15:36:39
So why not wait till you can actually post the demo-link?

I make this post because:

1) that type of post always bugs me ... there's no reason to post "will be available shortly" because that means it's not complete (as was stated!) and you should have just waited to post until it WAS ready and...

2) now when you make another post to provide an actual link (hopefully?) it won't be a double-post.

I'm not being 'rude' or anything... just expressing (what I would guess) would be all our aggravation at being told it's ready... but we can't try it yet!

Sorry.. The demo is ready for a week, but if we were waiting for some bug appeared. It was not the case.
---------------------------------

Demo Released:

http://www.teckelstudios.es/index.php/en/

hansolo1970

Fantastic Great marvelous job!!!!!
just like the real movie .....
the music
the backgrounds
the characters

Quo and  Jandemor and their team did a great job...

i am outside the tremble and just stop to say THANKS!!!!!!!

I WILL GO BACK PLAYING KNOW .....
THANKS YOU GUYS OR THIS TERRIFIC JOB!!!

BaptisteTheFool

Pretty good.  Didn't take too long to finish.

There are some minor syntactical errors.  There is one line of text that I noticed wasn't translated at all.  Also, I question the point of labeling random walls and parts of the jungle that one can't interact with.  Kinda clutters things.  And some things (the sand for instance) aren't motivated as well as they might be.  If you've seen the movie, it's obvious.  But one would expect not to have to follow the film to solve the puzzles.  My only other critique is that the hotspot to flip the two stones over is kind of hard to find.

But all in all, very very good!  Enjoyed it-- felt like 1994 all over again. :)

Jandemor

Thanks to Quo to start the project, thanks to the Spanish BetaTesters, IndyEsp, Chaval-ot, Pak and Albert Webster from the "Indiana Jones Comunidad Fan Española" and └» Arj0n «┘, Lt. Smash and selmiak from this forum... And to all of you for your support...

We will continue with the game, and we hope to have it completed soon.

Thanks to all!!!

Darth Mandarb

Nice little demo.  I particularly liked the music!

Some nitpicky stuff:

- the open screens (the company logo and the fan community graphics) are on the screen a LONG time and are unskipable (made me think something had gone wrong)

- It is a tad bit tedious to have to wait for the secondary characters all the time (watch them walk) at  the begining of the demo (you walk off the screen, then Sapito follows, then Barranca) it really slows down the game play

- the phrase "let's leave it" feels wrong to me... I'm guessing it should be translated to "Let's go"

All-in-all I liked the feel of it and think it's off to a great start!  Keep up the good work team!

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 03/10/2011 20:50:59
Nice little demo.  I particularly liked the music!

Some nitpicky stuff:

- the open screens (the company logo and the fan community graphics) are on the screen a LONG time and are unskipable (made me think something had gone wrong)

- It is a tad bit tedious to have to wait for the secondary characters all the time (watch them walk) at  the begining of the demo (you walk off the screen, then Sapito follows, then Barranca) it really slows down the game play

- the phrase "let's leave it" feels wrong to me... I'm guessing it should be translated to "Let's go"

All-in-all I liked the feel of it and think it's off to a great start!  Keep up the good work team!

Yeah, I agree with all three points.

Jandemor-- if you would like, I will fix the minor syntax errors for you.  This time, I promise I can be MUCH faster than on the first demo.  :P  ...of course there's relatively little that needs fixing this time through.

Jandemor

The opening screens can skip with "ESC" key...

;)

BaptisteTheFool - Don't worry.. we will continue with the game, and when we are closer to completion, we will re-make the translation process. Then come back to find beta testers .. ;)

BaptisteTheFool

One question-- what was the purpose of the first screen with the split-trunked tree and the branch?

Jandemor

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Mon 03/10/2011 21:16:38
One question-- what was the purpose of the first screen with the split-trunked tree and the branch?

It is a screen of transition. The beginning of the full game is different and has some other things more. The demo has some different things. ;)

Lt. Smash

That's my fault. It was no easy process doing the translation of the translation. I don't know who did the first translation (spanish -> english) but it mostly seemed to be done via google-translator (sorry, I don't want to offend somebody, it just looked like that). So to understand the logic behind these sentences, I had to play the game in Spanish and retranslate most of the English lines. So it could be possible that there are one or two lines, which I forgot and don't seem right/appropriate. ;)

All in all, it was really nice to be able to help creating such a wonderful game and bring in some new ideas that, apparently, got realised :)  And, if you want, I would continue my work as translator and "idea-creator" (;D) on the full game.

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Lt. Smash on Mon 03/10/2011 21:39:54
That's my fault. It was no easy process doing the translation of the translation. I don't know who did the first translation (spanish -> english) but it mostly seemed to be done via google-translator (sorry, I don't want to offend somebody, it just looked like that). So to understand the logic behind these sentences, I had to play the game in Spanish and retranslate most of the English lines. So it could be possible that there are one or two lines, which I forgot and don't seem right/appropriate. ;)

All in all, it was really nice to be able to help creating such a wonderful game and bring in some new ideas that, apparently, got realised :)  And, if you want, I would continue my work as translator and "idea-creator" (;D) on the full game.

Yes, I had the same problem with the first demo.  Quo gave it to me already translated (which was great, since I don't speak any Spanish) and just asked me to fix up the syntax.  But that was a headache!  It was a large part of why it took so long, to say nothing of the fact that it was a busy time for me...

Thanks for working on the translation! :)

Lt. Smash

I totally understand... if you don't know any Spanish it's really hard to make any sense out of these lines. I had the advantage of having learned Spanish for about 5 years, so it was a little bit easier for me to do this ;)

No problem, I like to help on such a great game :)

shse

The game is great :D, but I canwt pass the beam of light. What should I do?

Jandemor

Quote from: shse on Tue 04/10/2011 16:20:06
Quote from: shse on Tue 04/10/2011 16:15:56
The game is great :D, but I canwt pass the beam of light. What should I do?

I understood what I should do...

The inventory is very important..  ;D

Guybrush Nosehair

I'm really enjoying this demo. I don't speak Spanish, but I'd like to make an offer to go through the translations and reword things/improve the syntax in order to make everything flow more smoothly. What do you think? I've also just got some minor suggestions here and there you'd like to hear them.

(And I'm stuck at the beam of light ???.)

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: grim107 on Tue 04/10/2011 21:11:54(And I'm stuck at the beam of light ???.)

Look very closely at an item in your inventory.

As I said before, the hot spot on this item is a bit hard to find...

Tabata

It was real fun to see the wonderful backgrounds and animations in the demo.  :D

One little thing I would like to be made in the game is the possibility to change to the next scene/room via double-click.
Also a hint in the manual, that some items are only to be scrutinized (map/stones) in certain areas would be nice, because it's not usual to examine the inventory in every scene all over again if you didn't get the clue.  ;)

Looking forward to play this game!
Very good work â€" keep up to this quality and you can't fail!

selmiak

As I watched the whole movie again to find out what to do with the damned carved paving Stone, I found out that it is not a part of the movie, but all the backgrounds are really close to the movie. So guess who is running from the hovitos in this screenshot from the movie.

http://i.imgur.com/91k6Q.jpg

I don't know why the bushes next to the man with the hat look like a lion attacking him though. So if anyone can help me out with the carved paving stone I'd be thankful.
Spoiler

I already put it into the loom but Indy just looked around and nothing happened...
[close]

edit by darth - non-game related image changed to link

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 08/10/2011 19:33:04

As I watched the whole movie again to find out what to do with the damned carved paving Stone, I found out that it is not a part of the movie, but all the backgrounds are really close to the movie. So guess who is running from the hovitos in this screenshot from the movie.

EDIT BY DARTH - PLEASE DON'T QUOTE WHOLE IMAGES ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S THE PREVIOUS POST!

I don't know why the bushes next to the man with the hat look like a lion attacking him though. So if anyone can help me out with the carved paving stone I'd be thankful.

Spoiler

I already put it into the loom but Indy just looked around and nothing happened...
[close]

Cool!

As to your question...  Here's the solution...

Spoiler

Look at the stone while in the room with the light.  You'll then be able to turn the stone over using a kind of difficult to find hotspot on the side of the stone.
[close]

Suggestion for Jandomer and Quo...

For the turn-over hotspot that everyone's struggling with... how about a simple interface on the image to make it implicitly clear where to click, such as an arrow to click on?

Andre999

Great demo! Feels as professional as LucasArts own efforts.

However, I am stuck in the room with the idol. Can anyone tell me how to pick up the idol?

Thanks in advance.

quo_sp

Thank you to all  ;)

Quote from: Andre999 on Mon 10/10/2011 19:48:28
Great demo! Feels as professional as LucasArts own efforts.

However, I am stuck in the room with the idol. Can anyone tell me how to pick up the idol?

Thanks in advance.

Have you seen Forrestal?

Andre999

Quote from: quo_sp on Mon 10/10/2011 23:53:02
Have you seen Forrestal?

Thanks for the hint, but I must admit I have no idea who or what Forrestal is.
I am not feeling to clever over here now :) .

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Andre999 on Tue 11/10/2011 22:26:40
Quote from: quo_sp on Mon 10/10/2011 23:53:02
Have you seen Forrestal?

Thanks for the hint, but I must admit I have no idea who or what Forrestal is.
I am not feeling to clever over here now :) .

Well perhaps this will help shine some light onto things for you...

hansolo1970

i recommend to all the people who want to play the game....
first to see the movie and then play the demo ....
its much to easier this way to finish the demo....

Andre999

Thanks, guys, all your hints helped and now I have finally made it to the end of the demo.
Great stuff. Can't wait to continue playing this amazing game. 

shse

Hi!

Quo and Jandemor- how is your progression?

quo_sp

Quote from: shse on Mon 07/11/2011 17:54:53
Hi!

Quo and Jandemor- how is your progression?

Hi shse.

We are working in the next chapter, prologue is finished, but refining details. We have a new composer, Cristina Villanueva, that is performing a great soundtrack and midis.

A new screenshot included in the next chapter:

Actualy we are working in the university backgrounds too.

hansolo1970

Hmm what is it ? A Nazi headquarters building ??
i dont remember it from the movie.....

thats so cool ...something new and fresh!!! good idea!!

keep up the good work guys...

BaptisteTheFool

Probably the scene from the novel.  There's a scene in Germany where Belloq meets with Hitler that's in the novel.

quo_sp

Quote from: shse on Wed 21/12/2011 08:34:16
What is new?

Hi shse, we are working hard, actually finishing the Marshall collage section.

We have an interview and review in the Retromaniac magazine, sorry but is only in spanish.

http://issuu.com/retromaniac/docs/retromaniac5

Page 44 review, and interview in pages 50 and 51
You can also see in the magazine old backgrounds, the begining of a new one and a new character.

Actually we are moving to Patan section in Nepal ;)

doctorfargo

Any chance of seeing a screenshot or two from the Marshall College section?  :)

Monsieur OUXX

The link to the demo seems to be broken? I get error 404 here: http://www.indianajones.es/videojuegos/raiders_aventura/rotla_demo_eng.zip

EDIT: I'm totally confused: I get a completely different (non-broken) download link after I use the automated translation link on the page.
- The original page says: "Download Demo of Raiders of the Lost Ark (Tanis) - (3 Mb)" and there is error 404...
- After clicking on "Translate the remainder of this website" it says: "Download Demo of Raiders of the Lost Ark - (16.7 Mb)" and it works.

EDIT 2: Haha I've found a way to access it: http://www.teckelstudios.es/files/ROTLA%20DEMO%20Setup%20(spanish).exe

quo_sp

Quote from: gumpy on Thu 22/12/2011 16:52:59
Any chance of seeing a screenshot or two from the Marshall College section?  :)

There is one ingame posted by Jandemor in the Teckel Studios page in facebook.
http://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Teckel-Studios/141483992617157

Jones's classroom. ;)

Actually Jandemor is working in the fighting code too.

BaptisteTheFool

Such attention to detail, Quo!  Love it!

You including the "love you" lashes and the kid putting the apple on the desk too? :P

...I can almost picture an apple as a great item for some such puzzle later on in the game.  Sorta like the spoiled mayo in FOA. :P

LOOK AT APPLE
"Hey, there's a worm in here!"
*Worm added to inventory*
USE WORM WITH FISHING HOOK
"That does the trick, now to lower it down..."

...or something...

fózi

Very good! But I'm afraid that Indiana Jones games usually suffer from a terrible doom, that sees that none gets ever completed! I hope your project is a different case.

Just a couple remarks:

The demo doesn't have install options (mainly install path), people don't like that.

English translation?

ps. graphics are top notch!

arj0n

Quote from: fózi on Mon 26/12/2011 04:24:22
The demo doesn't have install options (mainly install path), people don't like that.
English translation?
Demo download from http://www.teckelstudios.es/index.php/en/:

English (installer)
English (zip)

arj0n

They are working on the 'University - Nepal' part as you can read here

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: shse on Fri 20/04/2012 11:36:15something new?

Something old actually... it's called "reading the forum rules". 

shse - Please do not dig up old threads.

Jandemor

Forgive us the lack of news. But we are focused on completing the game.

Work in progress.

doctorfargo

Secret Fawful

At first I had no idea what that screenshot was, as I kept thinking "Snow? I don't remember any snow in Raiders!" and then it dawned on me and I was like "Ohhhh, yeah....damn this is actually happening!"  ;D

fózi

Quote from: Secret Fawful on Thu 26/04/2012 23:00:50
At first I had no idea what that screenshot was, as I kept thinking "Snow? I don't remember any snow in Raiders!" and then it dawned on me and I was like "Ohhhh, yeah....damn this is actually happening!"  ;D

Same thing here  (laugh)

I tested the demo, it's looking pretty good!

BaptisteTheFool

Looking astounding, Jandemor!

Ah, I grow more and more excited for this project as it moves along! :)

hansolo1970

Greetings Quo and Jandemor and all the team of Raiders
how is everything going with the game game?
If its not to difficult we all adventure gamers that are patiently waiting for any update from you game
if you could  please show us  a little  picture update from the progress of the game maybe from Nepal ???
best of luck.....waiting patiently !!!!

quo_sp

hansolo1970, thank you wery much. We are working hard, actually finishing Nepal section, but we also have been working in the Cairo section too and all the Cairo's sketchs are ready, so we will start coding the Cairo section soon. Hope we will show an update soon. Thank you again ;)

Edgar_España

Well, simply amazing work. I already talked to you in the past. I was looking for someone to make the room's for a FANGAME of the Monkey and I came across your project.

I love to see how it progresses, is that you are going to make history and I want to give you my congratulations. I was playing with a friend to your DEMO some time ago and it is amazing.

I follow closely your work! Greetings from and to Spain!

quo_sp

We are still working, advancing in the game and still finishen Nepal section.

Travel scene to Nepal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wslb8knRTQ

and first tests unfinished (in Spanish) with the credits including the music in midi of Cristina.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNX5aD03_Bc

BaptisteTheFool

So at the end of the travel video there's a couple frames of something...  Took a screen grab, dropped it into Photoshop, adjusted the levels and VIOLA!  A very low-quality image of Nepal!

I hope Quo and Jandomer don't mind...  I'll remove the screengrab if they do.  But for the time being, here's a low-quality peek at Nepal!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/TheResidentAlien/Untitled-3.png

quo_sp

Sorry for the lack of news, but we're stilll working hard on the game, actually in the part of the Cairo, that involve several backgrounds.

A sample, outside the Marhala Bar.

This is part of a new interview in a spanish retro game website.

Interview to Teckel Studios by Fasebonus

arj0n

Quote from: quo_sp on Thu 22/11/2012 12:10:07
Sorry for the lack of news, but we're stilll working hard on the game.
Good to see this is project still actively alive!
Nice screenshot, good luck on the Cairo part guys.

doctorfargo

Looking good!

Please though - when you translate the final game into English - get some good translators!

Too many fan games end up looking something like this:

Sallah: look Indy,! Nazi's,! Our down There and our going to shoots us!

Indy: Ohno!s!!! Better hide we should!

(By the way, I'm willing to help with proofreading the English text)

ZapZap

"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Darth Mandarb

Ummmm.... why?

quo_sp - if you're still out there (and working on this) and want to post an update let me know (via PM) and I'll unlock it.

cleanic - please do not do that again and review the forum rules.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk