Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

Started by quo_sp, Fri 06/05/2011 09:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush Nosehair

Snarky

I'm just wondering, is there some reason why it's called "The Idol Proyect", or is it simply a misspelling?

quo_sp

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 29/07/2011 06:54:47
I'm just wondering, is there some reason why it's called "The Idol Proyect", or is it simply a misspelling?

Yes is a misspelling is The Idol Project  ;), sorry I thinked in spanish :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

You're going to be able to ACTUALLY USE the whip, like to whip things (and people)? 

Finally, someone is actually making an Indy game with some balls.

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: ProgZmax on Wed 03/08/2011 09:24:11
You're going to be able to ACTUALLY USE the whip, like to whip things (and people)? 

Finally, someone is actually making an Indy game with some balls.

Considering that the still we see with the whip is a scene that's actually in the movie, I don't find this all too shocking.  You use the whip to whip the rodent in FOA, to knock out a Nazi in Omar's house, etc.  You use it to uncork that hole in the ceiling in Last Crusade... there's probably another puzzle too that I'm forgetting about off the top of my head.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Bah, FoA barely used his gun or his whip.  I want a WHIP button!

Jandemor

In the prologue you can use the whip at least 4 times.

mmmm... "you can use the whip".... no ..   you MUST use the whip..  ;D

quo_sp

Updated post with "Hidden Temple", next step "Persecuted"

BaptisteTheFool

Oh man!  Yet another awesome screenshot! :)

Darth Mandarb

You should update the first post to include that montage image so people don't have to search the entire thread for it!  Just a a suggestion (not required by the rules!).

quo_sp

Thank you Darth Mandarb  ;), updated first post.

BaptisteTheFool

So how long is the game going to be?  Roughly FOA length?

Jandemor

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Thu 04/08/2011 00:56:06

Is difficult to know the length of the entire game.

For example: one of the beta testers took about 25 minutes to pass the first part of the prologue. The puzzles are fairly simple at first, the difficulty increases as you progress in the adventure.  ;)

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: Jandemor on Thu 04/08/2011 07:19:19
Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Thu 04/08/2011 00:56:06

Is difficult to know the length of the entire game.

For example: one of the beta testers took about 25 minutes to pass the first part of the prologue. The puzzles are fairly simple at first, the difficulty increases as you progress in the adventure.  ;)

I like the sound of that. I'm more excited for this than any other Indy game being developed. It looks like things are progressing at a rapid pace. Is that correct?

I'm so looking forward to the car chase scene. I don't know how you guys are going to make it work, but I'm sure it will be great!

Is anyone working on a website for this game?

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: grim107 on Thu 04/08/2011 18:16:25
I like the sound of that. I'm more excited for this than any other Indy game being developed.

Same.  This has me extremely excited.  First thing I do each morning is to check here for updates!

Also been wondering how they're going to manage the chase sequence.  Perhaps something similar to the chase in FOA?

Jandemor

I like the sound of that. I'm more excited for this than any other Indy game being developed. It looks like things are progressing at a rapid pace. Is that correct?
Is correct. work fast.  :)

I'm so looking forward to the car chase scene. I don't know how you guys are going to make it work, but I'm sure it will be great!

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Thu 04/08/2011 18:45:13
Also been wondering how they're going to manage the chase sequence.  Perhaps something similar to the chase in FOA?

I have a couple of ideas for the desert chase.
I hope you enjoy it and be surprised by the chase.

Is anyone working on a website for this game?

The website is in progress too.. ;)

Thanks for your support!!!

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Jandemor on Thu 04/08/2011 19:58:55
Thanks for your support!!!

No my friend, THANK YOU! :)  I hope this project is as enjoyable for you as all these little updates have been for us.

Looking forward to the website!  I'll continue to follow your progress closely.   ;D

Jandemor

Another change.

I like the Sprite of FOA ... but that sprite needed a change.
This is a comparative of Sprites.
Left: The Sprite of FOA. Right: Our version of Indy Sprite

Bye bye mirrored Sprite..  ;D

Do you like?

hansolo1970

yes its better
it is no mirrored anymore...you can see the changes under indy's hand

good work Jandemor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk