Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

Started by quo_sp, Fri 06/05/2011 09:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

BaptisteTheFool

I love it!  Glad my suggestions was taken to heart. :P

Just an observation-- on the walking sprite, the shade of his jacket seems to change for one frame.

Guybrush Nosehair

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Fri 05/08/2011 17:01:22
I love it!  Glad my suggestions was taken to heart. :P

Just an observation-- on the walking sprite, the shade of his jacket seems to change for one frame.

Yeah, I also noticed that. Also, I'm not entirely sure, but to me, the head bobbing seems a little unrealistic. Kind of like it doesn't happen frequently enough.

Baptiste, it's nice to see that there's someone else here who's just as enthusiastic about this project as I am. Raiders was always my favorite movie, and I just know that it can work so well as a game. Would be great if they could get Doug Lee to voice Indy when it's done ;D. That would be a dream. Ah well...

Darth Mandarb

I knew this was going to happen... this is NOT the Critics Lounge!  Keep the C&C out of here (it just will clutter up the thread).  Author(s), if you want C&C please post in the critics lounge instead.

hansolo1970

Darth Mandarb is right !! guys....
We all should be thankful to Quo and Jandemor for creating this game and spending all those hours and effort
to give us the game we all been waiting for all these years since Fate of Atlantis....
the critics and suggestions are for the critics lounge thread not here...

quo_sp

Thanks for the support, we are working fast  ;)

Updated first post with "Persecuted", next "The Honeycomb"

Guybrush Nosehair

Looks good. Just out of curiosity, why is this game subtitled The Idol Project?

hansolo1970

it is called The Idol Project because it is the point  where Indy gets
the Golden Fertility Idol from the Hovitos Temple at the beginning
of Raiders...

quo_sp

Basicaly hansolo1970 gives the main reason   ;)

Another reason is to diferentiate from the other project of Raiders. Also at the beginning we need a code name, and finally Raiders of the lost ark is a icon of the adventure, and Indiana jones an idol for who like the adventure.  :)

Guybrush Nosehair

So I'm confused. You're planning on doing the entire Raiders movie, right? So will you piece everything together into one game when you're done? Or is this going to be episodic?

quo_sp

We are doing the entire Raiders movie, and will be a entire game, not episodic. Right now we are working in the prologue part that will be completaly playable. The prologue will have more than 20 backgrounds inspired in the film, so will be relatively long introduction of the game, with a couple of diferent situations but inspired in the movie :)

A sample ingame of a situation inspired in the movie (sprites are still old versions)

Guybrush Nosehair

quo_sp

Updated first post with "The Honeycomb", next "The Fork".

Guybrush Nosehair

You guys never fail to amaze me  8)

Jandemor

We're Online
I'm back from my holiday in USA and I'm back with the game

Two new screens, the sprite of indy is updated...

www.teckelstudios.es - The site is currently only in Spanish, we hope to have it in English soon.

hansolo1970

Jandemor those are very nice screens just like the real movie...
the new sprite of Indy is fantastic....
(Satipo and Barranca ....great man....)
hope you make the site in english soon...
keep the good work....
we are all waiting for the release of the demo
its gonna be great ....cant wait.....

DutchMarco

Darn, I've already seen the film, so I know how this game goes :( But I'm excited about this prroject! Please do bring it to fruition! (don't let it stall like what happens to so many ambitious projects)

arj0n

Igor Hardy

Looks great and I hope you'll make also a completely original Indy adventure after finishing Raiders, Jandemor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk