Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

Started by quo_sp, Fri 06/05/2011 09:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

quo_sp

News:

Tanis have been extended to the complete Raiders of the Lost Ark :), now we are a team, actualy working in the prologue that will be completely playable :).

We will update the image above with the recent advances (all of the prologue), next step: "Death Traps".

The Idol Project Has started :)

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

This is the first part of the Tanis section that will cover the map room. The objectives will be to find the way of to entry in the map room and to try to discover where is the exact situation of ark of covenant in the Tanis dig, after that it not will be a so easy task to leave the map room.

This is a English sort demo proofreading by Jared F. that will show one of the puzzles involved in the task of to entry in the map room. A new extended demo is under way.

Music in the sort demo is only for test and include a few cuts of the original soundtrack. An amazing midi music of the original soundtrack is under way composed by Victor M. García Crespo, hope be ready for to be included in the extended demo.

Video trailer created by Roberto CG from indianajones.es

More information and download of the demo from:
http://www.indianajones.es/videojuegos/raiders-aventura-english.php

Hope you enjoy.

agentbauer

Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

arj0n

Just run the demo, awesome classic retro look. Yummie!

ZapZap

Está genial, sobretodo gráficamente, espero que para la version final añadas el codigo para unhandled events y pidas más correctores para la traducción, pero vamos que está genial

Translation by Darth:
"It is great, especially graphically, I hope for the final version [you] add the code for unhandled events and ask for more corrections for the translation, but it is cool"
- Please post in English if you are able!  (use google translate ... don't worry about broken English!)
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

hansolo1970

Dear quo,
i  am  happy that you you finished your  english demo version
i am certainly that you ve done a marvelous job as always
i will download it and enjoy it

thanks from all of us adventures gamers

i will post you again after...

!!!

BaptisteTheFool

I'll download too. :)

I proofread it, but it's hard, staring at a text file, to know if what you're correcting makes sense in context. :)

Monsieur OUXX

I really like the character design, in particular this Gestapo guy (the guy in black whose name I can never remember)

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Ouxxey_games on Fri 06/05/2011 17:55:37
I really like the character design, in particular this Gestapo guy (the guy in black whose name I can never remember)

Toht.

selmiak

cool stuff and nice graphics.
The rest needs more work. What I mean:
Bigger hotspots.
More interactions.
Better translation.
I didn't hear any sound at all.
When clicking use+Item and then clicking open I still have open Item with in the Actionline.
The small empty bag is placed in an inventory spot where it shouldn't be and leaves one inventory spot empty.

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 06/05/2011 20:27:07
cool stuff and nice graphics.
The rest needs more work. What I mean:
Bigger hotspots.
More interactions.
Better translation.
I didn't hear any sound at all.
When clicking use+Item and then clicking open I still have open Item with in the Actionline.
The small empty bag is placed in an inventory spot where it shouldn't be and leaves one inventory spot empty.

I'll play it shortly to see how the translation turned out.  But here's what I will say.

The conversation between the launder and Indy was really confusing to proofread.  I read it one way (that Indy was talking about Paul as if he had already met him) and though that was chronologically impossible, I corrected with that reading in mind because that's what the dialogue seemed to suggest.  I mentioned this confusion to Quo and he explained that Indy was talking as if he might meet Paul in some future travel and that my translation was fine.  --since that's not how I read it at all, I don't see how it could be fine.

But yes, syntax issues like that make this surprisingly difficult.  So I don't doubt that the translation isn't perfect.

selmiak

There are also some typos and letters that don't belong there in the speech. Even though I'm no native english speaking person I would volunteer as a second translator or for proofreading a second version of the demo or a second demo (but must be a third then I have a small ROTLA demo already on my hdd :))

Other than that I give up on the game. I have finally

Spoiler

put the one hold rope to somewhere near the fence and the other clothes but the other end is still hanging around.
I have the pieces of rope in my inventory.
When looking at the mast Indy has an Idea (me too) but I can't get the second end or another rope onto the mast to finally dry the dress and get rid of Ahmed. I can't knot the pieces of rope to the loose end.
All these interactions without Indy saying something or giving even a small subtle hint is also quite demotivating : (
[close]

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 06/05/2011 21:03:36
There are also some typos and letters that don't belong there in the speech. Even though I'm no native english speaking person I would volunteer as a second translator or for proofreading a second version of the demo or a second demo (but must be a third then I have a small ROTLA demo already on my hdd :))

Other than that I give up on the game. I have finally

Hmmm...  I thought I caught all of those.

Mati256

Is this the same as the spanish version or is it longer?
My Blog! (En Español)

quo_sp

Thanks to all  :)

About the translation, I would like to say that Batiste did a great job considering that he worked on a first translation made ​​by me and that was pretty bad, I think this could cause confusion.

It is true that lack interaction, that is because I focused on everything that surrounded the puzzle and many things were left undone, I hope to fix everything in the next demo.

Selmiak
Spoiler
maybe you need another object that was you before.
[close]

Mati256, it is the same.

What about the puzzle?

SuperDre

ahhh, indy, looks really like lucasarts themselves did it.. Oh, I can't wait till this is done into a complete game of Raiders of the lost ark. hehe.. if you ever finish it, it will be awesome, and hoping Lucasarts isn't going to screw this up due to IP protection..

fan1bsb97

NM figured it out!

Although...that last screen cap never appeared.

quo_sp

Thank you SuperDre  ;)

Quote from: fan1bsb97 on Mon 06/06/2011 01:23:51
NM figured it out!

Although...that last screen cap never appeared.

The last screen is part of the extended demo, I'm woorking on it.

By the way I' reworking in some parts and characters. This is a sample of the new look of Sallah and Indy disguised.

BaptisteTheFool

Tabata

Made it through the demo  ;D

... and now I know, that I will like this game  :D

- good work so far -

quo_sp

News:

Tanis have been extended to the complete Raiders of the Lost Ark :), now we are a team, actualy working in the prologue that will be completely playable :).

We will update the image above with the recent advances (all of the prologue), next step: "Death Traps".

The Idol Project Has started :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk