Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

Started by quo_sp, Fri 06/05/2011 09:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

BaptisteTheFool

Much better.  The old version looked a bit messy.

Getting more and more excited by the day!

hansolo1970

hoaou!!!!....the hovitos looking great.....good detailed work guys!!!

Jandemor

I have sent PM to the beta testers, are going to try the English Demo.

EDIT:
After talking to a couple of people about the translation ... we consider changing our translator ... the current is slow and as the testing of the demo, it does no good translation.

English demo release delayed.

Lumpupu

Hi Jande and Quo! just wanted to say how great this project is, and damn! you all work fast! The work is INCREDIBLE (en dos palabras, IN-PREZIONANTE). Its really nice to see how detailed the characters and backgrounds are, wish i were so talented.

I was happy to see you both here, i often read you there at the indianajones.es site.

Keep up the good work! And if you need a translator, well, im not the best, but maybe i can help a bit.

And PLEASE... make a puzzle so we can be who POISON that EVIL MONKEY! (arrrrgh, that monkey... the ba****d)...
"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain". Gosh... Gotta love musicals!

Jandemor

Quote from: Lumpupu on Thu 15/09/2011 02:47:18
Hi Jande and Quo! just wanted to say how great this project is, and damn! you all work fast! The work is INCREDIBLE (en dos palabras, IN-PREZIONANTE). Its really nice to see how detailed the characters and backgrounds are, wish i were so talented.

I was happy to see you both here, i often read you there at the indianajones.es site.

Keep up the good work! And if you need a translator, well,I'm not the best, but maybe i can help a bit.

Thanks!!!
we have another person who works in translation. This person is faster and we think it works much better.
I contacted him yesterday, and today sent me the full translation. ONLY A FEW HOURS. The old translator took TWO WEEKS..  (and he made a mistranslation)

Quote from: Lumpupu on Thu 15/09/2011 02:47:18
And PLEASE... make a puzzle so we can be who POISON that EVIL MONKEY! (arrrrgh, that monkey... the ba****d)...

Hahaha.. great scene.. we will consider it.. :)

Lumpupu

My god... that is what i call FAST translating... Well then, i'll simply have to PLAY this wonderful game...  ;D
Just cant wait for the demo!

Cheers

L.
"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain". Gosh... Gotta love musicals!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Quotemake a puzzle so we can be who POISON that EVIL MONKEY!

That would make absolutely no sense.  It's the monkey's master who poisons the dates in an effort to kill Indy, and the whole irony is that he kills his monkey instead.

hansolo1970

what news Jandemor ?
we are all waiting for the release of the English demo my friend....
we are all so excited... 

arj0n

Jandemor

The demo is completed.
In a short while will be ready to download.

Darth Mandarb

So why not wait till you can actually post the demo-link?

I make this post because:

1) that type of post always bugs me ... there's no reason to post "will be available shortly" because that means it's not complete (as was stated!) and you should have just waited to post until it WAS ready and...

2) now when you make another post to provide an actual link (hopefully?) it won't be a double-post.

I'm not being 'rude' or anything... just expressing (what I would guess) would be all our aggravation at being told it's ready... but we can't try it yet!
:D

Jandemor

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 03/10/2011 15:36:39
So why not wait till you can actually post the demo-link?

I make this post because:

1) that type of post always bugs me ... there's no reason to post "will be available shortly" because that means it's not complete (as was stated!) and you should have just waited to post until it WAS ready and...

2) now when you make another post to provide an actual link (hopefully?) it won't be a double-post.

I'm not being 'rude' or anything... just expressing (what I would guess) would be all our aggravation at being told it's ready... but we can't try it yet!
:D

Sorry.. The demo is ready for a week, but if we were waiting for some bug appeared. It was not the case.
---------------------------------

Demo Released:

http://www.teckelstudios.es/index.php/en/

hansolo1970

Fantastic Great marvelous job!!!!!
just like the real movie .....
the music
the backgrounds
the characters

Quo and  Jandemor and their team did a great job...

i am outside the tremble and just stop to say THANKS!!!!!!!

I WILL GO BACK PLAYING KNOW .....
THANKS YOU GUYS OR THIS TERRIFIC JOB!!!

BaptisteTheFool

Pretty good.  Didn't take too long to finish.

There are some minor syntactical errors.  There is one line of text that I noticed wasn't translated at all.  Also, I question the point of labeling random walls and parts of the jungle that one can't interact with.  Kinda clutters things.  And some things (the sand for instance) aren't motivated as well as they might be.  If you've seen the movie, it's obvious.  But one would expect not to have to follow the film to solve the puzzles.  My only other critique is that the hotspot to flip the two stones over is kind of hard to find.

But all in all, very very good!  Enjoyed it-- felt like 1994 all over again. :)

Jandemor

Thanks to Quo to start the project, thanks to the Spanish BetaTesters, IndyEsp, Chaval-ot, Pak and Albert Webster from the "Indiana Jones Comunidad Fan Española" and └» Arj0n «┘, Lt. Smash and selmiak from this forum... And to all of you for your support...

We will continue with the game, and we hope to have it completed soon.

Thanks to all!!!

Darth Mandarb

Nice little demo.  I particularly liked the music!

Some nitpicky stuff:

- the open screens (the company logo and the fan community graphics) are on the screen a LONG time and are unskipable (made me think something had gone wrong)

- It is a tad bit tedious to have to wait for the secondary characters all the time (watch them walk) at  the begining of the demo (you walk off the screen, then Sapito follows, then Barranca) it really slows down the game play

- the phrase "let's leave it" feels wrong to me... I'm guessing it should be translated to "Let's go"

All-in-all I liked the feel of it and think it's off to a great start!  Keep up the good work team!

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 03/10/2011 20:50:59
Nice little demo.  I particularly liked the music!

Some nitpicky stuff:

- the open screens (the company logo and the fan community graphics) are on the screen a LONG time and are unskipable (made me think something had gone wrong)

- It is a tad bit tedious to have to wait for the secondary characters all the time (watch them walk) at  the begining of the demo (you walk off the screen, then Sapito follows, then Barranca) it really slows down the game play

- the phrase "let's leave it" feels wrong to me... I'm guessing it should be translated to "Let's go"

All-in-all I liked the feel of it and think it's off to a great start!  Keep up the good work team!

Yeah, I agree with all three points.

Jandemor-- if you would like, I will fix the minor syntax errors for you.  This time, I promise I can be MUCH faster than on the first demo.  :P  ...of course there's relatively little that needs fixing this time through.

Jandemor

The opening screens can skip with "ESC" key...

;)

BaptisteTheFool - Don't worry.. we will continue with the game, and when we are closer to completion, we will re-make the translation process. Then come back to find beta testers .. ;)

BaptisteTheFool

One question-- what was the purpose of the first screen with the split-trunked tree and the branch?

Jandemor

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Mon 03/10/2011 21:16:38
One question-- what was the purpose of the first screen with the split-trunked tree and the branch?

It is a screen of transition. The beginning of the full game is different and has some other things more. The demo has some different things. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk