Raiders of the Lost Ark - Tanis

Started by quo_sp, Fri 06/05/2011 09:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt. Smash

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 03/10/2011 20:50:59
- the phrase "let's leave it" feels wrong to me... I'm guessing it should be translated to "Let's go"
That's my fault. It was no easy process doing the translation of the translation. I don't know who did the first translation (spanish -> english) but it mostly seemed to be done via google-translator (sorry, I don't want to offend somebody, it just looked like that). So to understand the logic behind these sentences, I had to play the game in Spanish and retranslate most of the English lines. So it could be possible that there are one or two lines, which I forgot and don't seem right/appropriate. ;)

All in all, it was really nice to be able to help creating such a wonderful game and bring in some new ideas that, apparently, got realised :)  And, if you want, I would continue my work as translator and "idea-creator" (;D) on the full game.

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Lt. Smash on Mon 03/10/2011 21:39:54
Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 03/10/2011 20:50:59
- the phrase "let's leave it" feels wrong to me... I'm guessing it should be translated to "Let's go"
That's my fault. It was no easy process doing the translation of the translation. I don't know who did the first translation (spanish -> english) but it mostly seemed to be done via google-translator (sorry, I don't want to offend somebody, it just looked like that). So to understand the logic behind these sentences, I had to play the game in Spanish and retranslate most of the English lines. So it could be possible that there are one or two lines, which I forgot and don't seem right/appropriate. ;)

All in all, it was really nice to be able to help creating such a wonderful game and bring in some new ideas that, apparently, got realised :)  And, if you want, I would continue my work as translator and "idea-creator" (;D) on the full game.

Yes, I had the same problem with the first demo.  Quo gave it to me already translated (which was great, since I don't speak any Spanish) and just asked me to fix up the syntax.  But that was a headache!  It was a large part of why it took so long, to say nothing of the fact that it was a busy time for me...

Thanks for working on the translation! :)

Lt. Smash

I totally understand... if you don't know any Spanish it's really hard to make any sense out of these lines. I had the advantage of having learned Spanish for about 5 years, so it was a little bit easier for me to do this ;)

No problem, I like to help on such a great game :)

shse

The game is great :D, but I canwt pass the beam of light. What should I do?

Jandemor

Quote from: shse on Tue 04/10/2011 16:20:06
Quote from: shse on Tue 04/10/2011 16:15:56
The game is great :D, but I canwt pass the beam of light. What should I do?

I understood what I should do...

The inventory is very important..  ;D

Guybrush Nosehair

I'm really enjoying this demo. I don't speak Spanish, but I'd like to make an offer to go through the translations and reword things/improve the syntax in order to make everything flow more smoothly. What do you think? I've also just got some minor suggestions here and there you'd like to hear them.

(And I'm stuck at the beam of light ???.)

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: grim107 on Tue 04/10/2011 21:11:54(And I'm stuck at the beam of light ???.)

Look very closely at an item in your inventory.

As I said before, the hot spot on this item is a bit hard to find...

Tabata

It was real fun to see the wonderful backgrounds and animations in the demo.  :D

One little thing I would like to be made in the game is the possibility to change to the next scene/room via double-click.
Also a hint in the manual, that some items are only to be scrutinized (map/stones) in certain areas would be nice, because it's not usual to examine the inventory in every scene all over again if you didn't get the clue.  ;)

Looking forward to play this game!
Very good work â€" keep up to this quality and you can't fail!

selmiak

Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Mon 03/10/2011 21:16:38
One question-- what was the purpose of the first screen with the split-trunked tree and the branch?

As I watched the whole movie again to find out what to do with the damned carved paving Stone, I found out that it is not a part of the movie, but all the backgrounds are really close to the movie. So guess who is running from the hovitos in this screenshot from the movie.

http://i.imgur.com/91k6Q.jpg

I don't know why the bushes next to the man with the hat look like a lion attacking him though. So if anyone can help me out with the carved paving stone I'd be thankful.
Spoiler

I already put it into the loom but Indy just looked around and nothing happened...
[close]

edit by darth - non-game related image changed to link

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 08/10/2011 19:33:04
Quote from: BaptisteTheFool on Mon 03/10/2011 21:16:38
One question-- what was the purpose of the first screen with the split-trunked tree and the branch?

As I watched the whole movie again to find out what to do with the damned carved paving Stone, I found out that it is not a part of the movie, but all the backgrounds are really close to the movie. So guess who is running from the hovitos in this screenshot from the movie.

EDIT BY DARTH - PLEASE DON'T QUOTE WHOLE IMAGES ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S THE PREVIOUS POST!

I don't know why the bushes next to the man with the hat look like a lion attacking him though. So if anyone can help me out with the carved paving stone I'd be thankful.

Spoiler

I already put it into the loom but Indy just looked around and nothing happened...
[close]

Cool!

As to your question...  Here's the solution...

Spoiler

Look at the stone while in the room with the light.  You'll then be able to turn the stone over using a kind of difficult to find hotspot on the side of the stone.
[close]

Suggestion for Jandomer and Quo...

For the turn-over hotspot that everyone's struggling with... how about a simple interface on the image to make it implicitly clear where to click, such as an arrow to click on?

Andre999

Great demo! Feels as professional as LucasArts own efforts.

However, I am stuck in the room with the idol. Can anyone tell me how to pick up the idol?

Thanks in advance.

quo_sp

Thank you to all  ;)

Quote from: Andre999 on Mon 10/10/2011 19:48:28
Great demo! Feels as professional as LucasArts own efforts.

However, I am stuck in the room with the idol. Can anyone tell me how to pick up the idol?

Thanks in advance.

Have you seen Forrestal?

Andre999

Quote from: quo_sp on Mon 10/10/2011 23:53:02
Have you seen Forrestal?

Thanks for the hint, but I must admit I have no idea who or what Forrestal is.
I am not feeling to clever over here now :) .

BaptisteTheFool

Quote from: Andre999 on Tue 11/10/2011 22:26:40
Quote from: quo_sp on Mon 10/10/2011 23:53:02
Have you seen Forrestal?

Thanks for the hint, but I must admit I have no idea who or what Forrestal is.
I am not feeling to clever over here now :) .

Well perhaps this will help shine some light onto things for you...

hansolo1970

i recommend to all the people who want to play the game....
first to see the movie and then play the demo ....
its much to easier this way to finish the demo....

Andre999

Thanks, guys, all your hints helped and now I have finally made it to the end of the demo.
Great stuff. Can't wait to continue playing this amazing game. 

shse

Hi!

Quo and Jandemor- how is your progression?

quo_sp

Quote from: shse on Mon 07/11/2011 17:54:53
Hi!

Quo and Jandemor- how is your progression?

Hi shse.

We are working in the next chapter, prologue is finished, but refining details. We have a new composer, Cristina Villanueva, that is performing a great soundtrack and midis.

A new screenshot included in the next chapter:

Actualy we are working in the university backgrounds too.

hansolo1970

Hmm what is it ? A Nazi headquarters building ??
i dont remember it from the movie.....

thats so cool ...something new and fresh!!! good idea!!

keep up the good work guys...

BaptisteTheFool

Probably the scene from the novel.  There's a scene in Germany where Belloq meets with Hitler that's in the novel.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk