The Unfolding Spider

Started by discordance, Fri 23/09/2011 21:22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

srnickolas

by the way "nice rose"

I bet we all thought it was an axe at the beggining.Pretty clever using graphics this way,experimenting with imagination and perception.Excellent game with a heavy surreal and dark-gothic film noir feeling.Symbolism beats common sense and rules  throughout the adventure.Didn't play through all the endings,but it was a interesting experience!

dbuske

I loved the game.  I am making a remake in 1024x768 and 32 bit color.
It is almost the same as the original and same dialog.
Don't worry Cory I am giving you full credit and tell people to play the original game.
Is there a way to stop the screen in-game to read the dialog?
The backgrounds are real pictures. 
Looks like about a 32 or so length game.
Alot more rooms than I thought at first.
Alot of work. The music will be different.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

selmiak

funny game, I like the atmosphere :)
I just replayed it and came across this error:

an error has occured:
room9.asc, line 6

Error: Face Character: Characters are in different rooms.

after strangling the bouncer I was in the dark alley again (not next to the dumpster), entered the club through front door, followed the bartender and the music from the club was still playing and I think the dumpster wake up cutscene was about to happen...

LRH

Errr...not sure if he'll appreciate his baby being messed with. But hey, I don't know.

discordance

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 11/10/2011 14:57:24
after strangling the bouncer I was in the dark alley again (not next to the dumpster), entered the club through front door, followed the bartender and the music from the club was still playing and I think the dumpster wake up cutscene was about to happen...

So you strangled the bouncer, woke up in the alley, and then the wake up scene didn't play? That is odd. Did you get the chapter title before waking up?

Quote from: dbuske on Tue 11/10/2011 13:15:23
I loved the game.  I am making a remake in 1024x768 and 32 bit color.
The backgrounds are real pictures. 
Alot of work. The music will be different.

LOL! I'm sure it will be the best remake ever!!! But could you do me a favour and also change the title? Maybe call it something like "The Neatly Folded Origami Caterpillar"

selmiak

I was just back in the dark alley with the 3 hobos around the fire before the club, not at the dumpster behind the club. That's why I went through the club until the scene started. Dunno if there was a chapter title. I guess there was the seasoned grave scene missing too.

discordance

It sounds like you managed to skip a chapter transition somehow . . . I'd better look into that.

tzachs

discordance

It is an honour!

Also I'm curious, what was the "subtle choice" you mentioned?

Abisso

Wow, really charming game. Loved the atmosphere, and the concept. It reminds me of those DM-less roleplaying games, where what a player says he did may become part of the story (I'm talking about the dialogues, where your answers are always true, since there's not a game's reality but just a player's reality). Woah, you screwed up my brain with this game, I don't even understand what I'm saying.

I don't know if you chose purposely to use such a minimalistic graphic style, but I truly believe it was the best choice possible. In a game like yours, being able to apply your own characterization and personification on those stickmen adds a lot to the experience and atmosphere.

Ending kind of disappointed me though, and I hoped for more evident changes, in relation to my choices.

Still, a little gem.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

discordance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk