Yeti

Started by metanet, Tue 01/11/2011 18:47:57

Previous topic - Next topic

metanet

I finally finished the first version of my AGS game, Yeti! It's a simple point-and-click adventure game: no inventory, no complicated mouse interaction -- just click and go.

Play as the director of a documentary about Yetis in this experimental adventure game. Capture footage of the intrepid Yeti as it moves from its home in the Himalayas to a sunnier climate. While the player cannot control the Yeti directly, the director often interacts with it in creative and highly silly ways as the story unfolds. The prequel to Metanet Software's upcoming Office Yeti, Yeti shows how the Yeti got its job and its iconic red tie.

Website with more screenshots:
http://www.officeyeti.org/yeti.html

Download is here: http://www.officeyeti.org/Yeti_v1.zip

Ctrl-Q or Alt-F4 to quit.

It's still pretty rough around the edges, but it was my first time making an adventure game and I really enjoyed the process. I appreciate any and all feedback :) Thanks to all of you here at the forums for your help along the way!

david

I played this little gem in the past days and really enjoyed it, highly recommend it.  :D

I think it was put on indiegames blog, yeah there I saw it and after reading that was made in AGS I gave it a try and was not disappointed at all. In fact it made me the opposite, I was blown away by the technique and the unique build of the game.
I am looking forward to the next chapter as you promised in the credits. Thank you again for this game. It is really unnaturally done like the spying on Yeti.  ;)

CaptainD

It's a fascinating concept.  Congrats on the release, hopefully I'll have time to play this sometime soon.

EDIT - had a chance to play it now - really different and nice little game!  ;D

metanet

thanks so much! It's so nice to hear people are liking it :)

TomatoesInTheHead

Funny and creative! :D

Sometimes I found it a bit hard to follow the text and looking at the scene at the same time, I think voice acting would add much there! But since there was nothing essential in the text, I may have only missed one or two jokes, so I'm good.

Solid work :)

metanet

thanks Tomatoes, that's great feedback. I'll keep it in mind for version 2! :)

Matti

Weird but entertaining, nice work. I agree that voice acting would add much to it.

Oh, and it was a bit annoying that the same text would get repeated everytime I re-entered a room. Once is enough I think ;)

Nedshi

Nice job, that was pretty fun, and DEFINITELY unique (who knew that yetis and myself had such similar relaxation habits).  Voice acting might have been cool, but then maybe I wouldn't have been able to imagine the Crocodile Hunter narrating the entire thing.  Anyways, way to go, it was a fun game to play, and i got a few chuckles out of it.  Thanks!

HandsFree

Very novel story idea and gameplay. I liked it a lot.
Like TomatoesInTheHead I found it difficult to focus on both the subtitles and the gamescreen at the same time though.

If this going to be a longer game I would like to have a bit more to do, but for a short introduction this is cool (took me less then 10 minutes).

selmiak

...interesting *adjusts  monocle*

I like the colors and overall paintings of the city and the end credits song is great. The concept is rather a movie with some clickable elements than a game but I like the story it tells and the way it is told.
.... so where can I watch the cut and prepared documentary from the footage I got?

And to give some constructive criticism, a quit button in the menu and/or a quit menu on one of the F-Buttons would would be good. Is it possible to save the game?

metanet

thank you everyone for your feedback, it's much appreciated: I'm making a note of all of it.

Quit is ctrl-q or alt-f4 (which I know isn't really a quit function :) ). I didn't think it was necessary to include save since the game is so short, but I could certainly add that functionality to the next version. Thanks!

I did consider creating the ability for players to save the 'film' they shot while playing, but I ran out of time -- this was made on a very constricted timeline. Another great thing to try for version 2!

cheers :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk