ODISSEA - An Almost True Story.

Started by Midian Design, Tue 17/05/2011 12:39:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Midian Design

ODISSEA - An Almost True Story

Out Now! (italian/english)

Game & Story: Midian Design (Danilo Cagliari)
Music: D.C. Digital Orchestra
Game Translation [english]: Paul Giaccone
Beta Test & Help: Paul Giaccone, Arj0n, Pan, Flavio Soldani.

Content advisory: None/Mild None None/Mild

Story:

Who has not heard of Homer's 'Odyssey'?

"Odissea - An Almost True Story" is an adventure that "almost" recounts the deeds of Ulysses,
taking him to legendary places, such as the cave of the Cyclops, Calypso's island, the Sirens' tavern...
a long journey in search of his homeland, Ithaca, where his beloved Penelope has been awaiting his
return for many years.

Troy has fallen by his ingenuity, but mocking a god is unwise (and the euphoria of the victory is no
excuse): Ulysses will pay dearly for this error. There will be many tests that he must undergo in
order to appease Poseidon, but fortunately not all of the gods want to see him suffer.

Indeed, Athena is on his side, and, thanks to her advice, our hero will once again be able to see the
coasts of Ithaca, where other troubles await him... Twenty years is a long time, and the Proci have
been courting Penelope with a view to marriage in order to rob Ulysses of his throne and his island
dominion. Who among the pretenders will successfully draw back the King's magic bow and demonstrate
his supremacy in the archery contest for the Queen's hand? One of the princes? Ulysses' son,
Telemachus? Or Ulysses himself, who has returned just in time thanks to his tenacity (of course, he
could have returned earlier - twenty years is a long time...)?

Circe and Ulysses

Antikythera

Antinous

Ithaca

Ulysses, Eumaeus and Telemachus

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hSj26Kk2IA&feature=player_embedded

Purchase for $3.99: http://secure.plimus.com/jsp/dev_store1.jsp?developerId=847744

More at: http://www.midiandesign.com

arj0n

Congratz on releasing this awesome game!
And kudos to Paolo: you did an awesome job on the English translation!

Based on a great story but this time converted to a somewhat hilarious version.
Graphically it contains really beautifully backgrounds and nicely highly detailed characters and very nice animations.
All covered in very moody background music.

This was a game that really got me dragged into it.
Definitely a game you MUST have played!

Dave Gilbert

Bloody sweet!  You finished it. :)

I'll be picking this up very soon.

jkohen

I tried to download the demo from the AGS Games page, but the link takes me to a website where I only have an option to buy the game. It looks interesting, but since your recent games are commercial and I didn't really like .J.Gun and Sepheret island, I'm a bit wary of buying it as is.

LimpingFish

Quote from: jkohen on Tue 17/05/2011 18:34:52
I tried to download the demo from the AGS Games page, but the link takes me to a website where I only have an option to buy the game.

The "Commercial Game" classification in the database is a bit wonky in general.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Dave Gilbert

I was about to ask why this game was in the demo section, but then noticed that my games were in there too!  I guess this is a commercial game thing?

arj0n

I tried to download the demo from the AGS Games page, but the link takes me to a website where I only have an option to buy the game. It looks interesting, but since your recent games are commercial and I didn't really like .J.Gun and Sepheret island, I'm a bit wary of buying it as is.
There's no demo, just only the full version.

The 1st download link goes straight to the order page.
The 2nd download link goes to the official trailer on youtube.

Watch the trailer to find out that Odissea (and Quantumnauts too) are both really different compared to "J.J.Gun and Sepheret island".
Probably the only comparison between all MD games is that they are adventure games.  :)

And like LimpingFish said:
The "Commercial Game" classification in the database is a bit wonky in general.

Midian Design

I didn't really like .J.Gun and Sepheret island
Oh yes, me too  :D

Thanks @ Arj0n and Dave as always  ;)

There's an issue with Plimus and a broken link, I'll fix this asap and send a new mail with the download link to everyone who bought it. ty

Dave Gilbert

If people judged my commercial games by my freeware games I'd never sell a darn thing. :)

LimpingFish

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Tue 17/05/2011 19:39:24
I was about to ask why this game was in the demo section, but then noticed that my games were in there too!  I guess this is a commercial game thing?

Yep. Commercial games go in "Demo", because it's the only section that doesn't require a rating. It usually doesn't matter since most commercial games have a demo, so the classification is valid, but I agree it's not an ideal situation.

Roll on the new AGS website! \o/
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Midian Design

Quote from: Midian Design on Tue 17/05/2011 21:01:06
There's an issue with Plimus and a broken link

FIXED  :D

Thanks to all who bought it yesterday (I sent you a new DL mail).

We will see in Hints & Tips Forum  :=

paolo

Yay! Bravo to Midian Design for completing and releasing this game, which was a bit of an Odyssey in itself :)

Quote from: Arj0n on Tue 17/05/2011 12:49:23
Congratz on releasing this awesome game!
And kudos to Paolo: you did an awesome job on the English translation!

Why, thank you :) I hear you did a pretty awesome job yourself on testing the game.

But anyway, enough with the love-in... at $3.99 this is an absolute bargain, so to anyone who as read this far, GO AND BUY IT NOW!

Igor Hardy

Review on HardyDev: http://www.hardydev.com/2011/06/17/odissea-review/

Not written by me, and I still haven't played enough to comment sadly.

But those of yo who did, please give us some comments under the article.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk