Sprite Jam - Oceanspirit Dennis Late Birthday Edition - Winner Announced!

Started by Anian, Wed 18/05/2011 19:54:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Anian

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, but I feel people should have their competitions regularly. So here goes:

...character, legend, hero, lover, heavy hairgel user, but what do we really know about his world? More tributes should be made, build more characters, entourage, creatures and monsters...or even Dennis himself.
More info on history: HERE and HERE

Translation:
I thought this might be a wide theme sprite challenge, take your inspiration from those classic worlds inspired by pop Japanese and other Eastern cultures. The ones that fill the worlds of games like Final fantasy, Persona, Pokemon series and other anime quest fantasy themed series. Weird and great imagination is encouraged.
Please put with it/he/she a name and a short description (habitat, it's role in the world as friend or foe etc.). Make it as close to AGS usable as posible.

Ends on May 29th at midnight, GMT. That's 2 weekends so should be plenty of time for your spritey glands to work.

VOTING ENDS at 2pm GMT June 2nd

WINNER - Mad

p.s. there's been some...issues with the last jam so if there's any trouble with the theme or deadlines etc. - I won't be online for the next 4 days, so admins feel free to modify if there's a problem.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Anian

Well I'm glad you like it, a motivational piece made in late hours instead of sleeping before going on a road trip tomorrow. Hopefully there'll be an entry from you as well Ponch (not that you haven't done a your part for OSD mythos).
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Icey

First! & Updated

In OSD: the 3rd war | TBA

Dennis
Dennis is a young man around 21 years old. Dennis is a spirit who finds out that his life spent in this world was nothing but a chronicle. Dennis' spirit is a imitation of the real OceanSpirit Dennis. Which makes him different then the other ones(less hair gel, green highlights, Girl crazy, And uses the umi sword.

Hudders

I dunno, Studio3, none of those really look anything like OSD. :-\

Quote from: Studio3 on Thu 19/05/2011 03:38:39
Girl crazy

It's fairly well established that OceanSpirit Dennis is gay.

Matti

Icey, half of the pictures aren't sprites at all. Secondly, you already made that stuff before the competition began..

Also, what Hudders said.

Calin Leafshade

Icey

Oh I didn't no they were just supposed to be spirites. I will take some of the others off.

Also to me whn I first seen dennis I made my own style because of the fact he looked two dark. I gave him the lighter hair & the common colors(red/blue). Then ben made his dennis and every one goes by that one now. To me dennis is cloud with an eye patch.

cat

I don't think the sprite has to look exactly like OSD. If it did, where would be the artistical challange?

Icey: The rules of sprite jam usually say that you should post only one sprite that you created for this competition and have not been shown before. So why don't you just draw a new, special competition version of OSD and post it as your entry?

Khris

Icey

Ok later today I have a few more spirits to draw of OSD. To keep the order of the comp I will leave the pic up until later. Is that ok?

ddq

I think people forget some of the less popular aspects of OSD's character that make him more than just Cloud+Eyepatch.
For example, he's a paedophile, involved in human trafficking, racist, addicted to heroin, a cop killer, supports a fascist dictatorship, doesn't donate blood, lost his eye violently attempting to keep Rosa Parks from sitting in the white section of the bus, and thinks the Star Wars prequel films were better than the original trilogy. And he's a parody.
I don't know why people keep forgetting this stuff. I mean, I have said it, therefore it is canon!

ThreeOhFour

And everyone seems to have ignored the fact that I gave Dennis the worst teeth possible when I originally drew him :(

Ponch

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Thu 19/05/2011 17:00:31
And everyone seems to have ignored the fact that I gave Dennis the worst teeth possible when I originally drew him :(

What on earth are you talking about? Just look at this example from my last OSD game...

Look at poor Dennis! What a mouthful of terrible, misaligned teeth! Crooked, several fillings prominently visible, and (if you would take the time to look closely) just a hint of gingivitis.

Ray, on the other hand -- Look at those rows of perfect pearly whites. Now there's a man who obviously had parents who were willing to spend the money to put braces on their kid's teeth. Plus (and I don't think Ray would mind me pointing this out), he's clearly had them whitened. Teeth don't normally gleam that brightly, now do they?

Feel free to slam the efforts of other, lesser fans of OSD, Mr. 304. But don't lump us all into the same "uncaring about canon" category just to make things more convenient for yourself, sir. That's not the behavior of a gentleman!

Good day to you, sir!*

- Ponch
----------------------------
* I said good day!

And ddq, it's not Dennis' fault that methadone is such a poor substitute for heroin. He's doing the best he can, man!

Icey

Wow, I did not know he was a drug addict :o
Poor guy, he try's so hard :)

SpacePirateCaine

風の妖精:刹那

Setsuna, a mute ninja that has pledged to follow Dennis to the ends of the earth to exact revenge for a wrong upon the people of his village.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

TTB

[Modified by Ali, to be less horribly offensive. I'm not really comfortable with censorship, but good manners cost nothing:]

Who is this homosexual individual? I am a fan neither of the OSD games nor their creators.

For those who forgot, I'm geargames back with a vengeance. If I'm not nicer in future, people will delete all of my posts.

TTB

Snarky

TTB, the contest is to sprite an Oceanspirit Dennis character, not to be one.

Tabata

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk