Do you know where your towel is?

Started by Ali, Wed 25/05/2011 18:54:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

No, I'm not competing with Calin on the non sequitur front... I just discovered that today is Towel Day, a celebration of the life and works of Douglas Adams. I am currently sitting on a chair with my towel (though I must admit it's just a coincidence and the towel was here before I found out about towel day).

Dualnames posted about it back in 2009, but we seemed to have forgotten about it since then. The shame! This year the guys behind it have produced an animated short demonstrating why a towel 'is just about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jNpyEhJldo

Spread the word!

Anian

Not only that, but today is Josip Broz Tito's birthday...it was a big deal here before.  :P

Not only that but there seems to be a new Guide game in the works http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110368-New-Hitchhikers-Guide-to-the-Galaxy-Coming-Soon

Not only that, but it evening here, wish I knew this before, really would've enjoyed walking around with a towel. Need to memorise this dates into my mobile, this and Neil Patrick Harris day.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Tabata

HAPPY TOWEL DAY 2011

TomatoesInTheHead

I always know where my towel is!

And I always wonder where Tabata gets all her smileys from!

Dualnames

I actually managed to release 2 games on Towel Day (2009 and 2010) both featured on Towel Day.org, but I think I'm not that interested in hitchhiker's anymore. Yeah, I can still quote the book, but i don't care anymore.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mati256

Happy Towel day, my towel is always on the back of my PC chair.  ;D
My Blog! (En Español)

Baron

Quote from: Ali on Wed 25/05/2011 18:54:07
This year the guys behind it have produced an animated short demonstrating why a towel 'is just about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jNpyEhJldo

Awesome walkcycle!  I'm not sure the plot sells the whole towel thing though.....  Like all things, I guess they're only truly useful in moderation.

Hudders

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 25/05/2011 20:02:40
I actually managed to release 2 games on Towel Day (2009 and 2010) both featured on Towel Day.org, but I think I'm not that interested in hitchhiker's anymore. Yeah, I can still quote the book, but i don't care anymore.

Say it ain't so!

I think towel day is ridiculous. You should always know where your towel is, just knowing where it is on May 25th does not make you a cool frood.

Mati256

You can play something like a remake of original Infocom game at the BBC site.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game.shtml
My Blog! (En Español)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 25/05/2011 20:02:40
I think I'm not that interested in hitchhiker's anymore.

WHAT?!? The entire world has turned upside down!! Nothing makes sense anymore!!  :o

Is there nothing to believe in? Nothing to cling to for security in this chaotic universe?!?

What happened to the REAL Dualnames? What have you done with him? What sort of ransom are you asking for his safe return? (Note: If it's more than ten dollars, then we'll all just have to honor his memory and move on with our lives. In this economy, ransoming people just isn't as lucrative as it used to be.)

InCreator

Eggie

My towel smells damp, I only just washed it too :(

I would be fucked if I had to hitchhike on a spaceship right now...

blueskirt

I missed it, but I found exactly 42 cents in my car when I picked up the grocery bags yesterday. Coincidence? I think not!

Tabata

Quote from: InCreator on Thu 26/05/2011 05:38:37
wtf is Douglas Adams

(Gidf = Google ist dein Freund = Google is your friend]

Edit:

I forgot something:

Quote from: TomatosInTheHead on Wed 25/05/2011 19:48:04
... And I always wonder where Tabata gets all her smileys from!

IndieBoy

Did I really watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on Lovefilm, on Towel day, and not on purpose. Awesome!
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

TomatoesInTheHead

On a sidenote, has anyone here read the sixth book of the Hitchhiker's trilogy, "And Another Thing" by Eoin Colfer?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk