<3

Started by ThreeOhFour, Tue 31/05/2011 11:00:35

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

<3

Othello, Vani and Edme have finally reached the long forgotten treasure room of the Emperor Kemal.

Loaded with relics, it seems they have finally obtained the goal they've been chasing.

...or have they?

This was made for the May 2011 MAGS competition.

Special thanks to qptain Nemo for his assistance with music and testing! We didn't get time to do a full beta test, so when you encounter bugs please let me know :)

Go to the game's page!

gameboy

You're graphics are awesome as usual! Nice little game, played through, didn't spot any bugs.

ThreeOhFour

Haha thanks!

I'm kinda surprised you didn't find any bugs though, but who knows my luck  :=

TheRoger

Don't you have job or something? Baking games like waffles... pretty good ones I must say  ;D

arj0n

Very nice 3'o'4, but shouldn't you be chasing sheep  ;)

Igor Hardy

ThreeOhFour

TheRoger: I do have a job, and a band, and that's why I haven't released a game for a few months haha! They've been keeping me extra busy this year. Thankfully things quietened down enough for me to make this  :=

Arj0n: Hehe thanks :). As for what I should be doing, I never do what I should :D

Ascovel: <3  ;D

Upload has been fixed with a couple of little things, including an embarrassing bug pointed out thanks to veryweirdguy  :=

Dualnames

Was the title influenced by Carina? Cause if that's the case then <3. And EMPEROR KEMAL? I MEAN HOW MUCH DID BABAR REALLY PAY YOU FOR THIS!!?!!?!?!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Probably it was! I remember trying to think of a title and then that popped up, so it seems likely.

Also, hush, Spanos the Malignant (you're in the game too, <3names)

Igor Hardy

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Tue 31/05/2011 15:36:13
Also, hush, Spanos the Malignant (you're in the game too, <3names)

Damn, he's everywhere now! The last time I spotted him was in The Night of the Testicle. Seems like you can't play a Spanos-free game nowadays.

ThreeOhFour

Yeah... well... you're in the game as well (more sneakily though) so who are you to point fingers?  ;D

Leon

Although I have very little time these days, I surely must play this. If I don't have time, I'll make time. Fantastic game!

Tiny thingy at the first screen... (where would my comment be without),  The mouseover of Edme is called New Character. Surely not intended... :-)

Edit:... oh... and debug mode is still on... :-(
Edit 2:
Spoiler
Using the dagger on the chest says: I should examine the knife. Using the dagger on it says: I should examine this knife before.... Also a swap of mouseover labels?
[close]

Loving the music as well, again.
Cheers Ben.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

ThreeOhFour

Thanks for that Leon!

I can't believe I left debug mode on!  :=

Igor Hardy

Still playing. Othello's excuses to not tinker with any of those fascinating items are both extremely frustrating as well as full of some really interesting stories.

EDIT: Igor Taerum, eh? :D

ThreeOhFour

Aye, once more I allowed my desire to let the player read a lot of detail outweigh their ability to solve puzzles without getting frustrated.  :-[

I kinda plan on making a simpler, more gameplay/puzzle focused based game at some point to even out the overly detailed thing I've gotten into, but who knows :P

Igor Hardy

Finished. Despite the talkiness really fun short game. I really like how the title works with the main themes of the game in less ways than three.

The writing I felt was engaging and I enjoyed the relationships and reading all the legends, despite the fact I easily get tired of strange names in fantasy stories nowadays.

Some quite creative uses of RPGey daggers in inventory puzzles too.

Very nice Nemo music too.

Sequel please!

ZapZap

Short and nice
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

ThreeOhFour

Igor: The strange name thing is very valid - I would have liked to made up more interesting ones, but ran out of time and so just sat there typing out whatever popped into my head at the time. I get sick of names that don't sound like names as well! Glad to see the dagger thing worked out, I thought it'd be neat to design puzzles based off the stats of weapons, and am a big fan of some CRPGs too.

As for sequels, I hadn't even thought about such a thing  :=

Cleanic: Thank you  :)

Sslaxx

MediaFire isn't working here, could we have an alternate download location, please?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

ThreeOhFour

I have added a cheap rubbish mirror, with the pretense that it is a substitute for an actual real website  :=

Sslaxx

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Wed 01/06/2011 12:00:15
I have added a cheap rubbish mirror, with the pretense that it is a substitute for an actual real website  :=
It works, thanks!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

selmiak

damned, I just got the 6th knive and
Spoiler
cut Othello
[close]
and they were talking so much, that I maybe missed a clue on what to do next.

ThreeOhFour

Spoiler
pick up the knife on the table
[close]

selmiak

that's quite a clue, now I'm through :)

nice game ben, I like the title and the elaborate explanations of all the items.

Some typos in it: draw a room on the floor should read draw a rune on the floor I guess. And I red this very often ;)
And there was a missing letter in one of the lines of the opening dialoge. But I can't remember what it was :P
Now that I watch Othello talk with Vani after opening the magic gate he is standig right in front of her, so that Vani is covered by him more than 50%. Looks strange.

ThreeOhFour

Thanks for that! I've had a bunch of bug reports and comments, so I've tried to fix them all, and have updated the game's file. Thanks for all the feedback, and let me know if you find anything else :) <3

Sughly

Ohhhh so THIS is what the <3 talk was about in twitterland. Yep, makes sense now. Woo, a new Ben304 game! Even if it is a mini MAGS, still... woo! Getting now...

Icey

It's short but fun at the same time. Sure I am stuck but I am sure I will figure it out sooner or later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk