Photoshop cs4 problem? [solved]

Started by Icey, Sat 18/06/2011 20:48:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

I been having this problem now for quite sometime I finally found my problem. Photoshop seems to be draw from history. Sometimes when I am drawing it won't show the pixels This is because it draw starts doing it's own thing. It most just draw random long lines or just puts dots were I click.

I have updated Photoshop but it still happens.

Khris

I would try to help you but refuse due to the abomination that is your grammar in that post.
Do you ever re-read what you wrote before hitting that Post button? Ever? I doubt it.

Cabbage

It could be your mouse, or you're using the wrong tool. If you've updated it's probably not the software. What do you mean by drawing from history?

Anian

Quote from: Khris on Sat 18/06/2011 20:51:34
I would try to help you but refuse due to the abomination that is your grammar in that post.
I would try to help, but I really am unable to understand what he wrote.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Icey

@khris: I do look over my text. It makes sense to me I guess cause I wrote it.

@cabbage: It can't be the mouse because this is my second one. It happens with any tool, paint brush, eraser,fill effect, etc...

As I was draw a picture I noticed I after I done drawing his hair and moved to drawing his neck the last part of his hair that was drawn was repeated however it was not drawn in the same spot.

I also thought it had something to do with my CPU speed but it started happening the first time I used photoshop cs5 & cs4. And this is the only program this happens in. Paint works just fine. :-\

Cabbage

Quote from: Studio E3 on Sat 18/06/2011 21:24:30
As I was draw a picture I noticed I after I done drawing his hair and moved to drawing his neck the last part of his hair that was drawn was repeated however it was not drawn in the same spot.

Sounds a lot like the clone stamp tool to me. But if the problem has persisted across versions it must be your method.

I'd suggest going to the official forums where you can get much more professional advice. It's always really busy over there.

Edit - read through this in particular
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433020?tstart=0

It's a list of common problems. You might spot yours on there.

Problem: Photoshop displays weird lines, squares or other artifacts.
Solution: If updating your video card drivers doesn't help then you will have to disable OpenGL Drawing from Edit->Preferences->Performance.

?

Khris

Icey:
I'm sure that "As I was draw a picture I noticed I after I done drawing his hair" makes perfect sense to you. To me however it doesn't.

Babar

It could very likely be a memory or CPU speed problem, I remember having a similar (I'm guessing) issue in Photoshop that wasn't the replicable anywhere else, and it especially happened with my tablet.

If I understand you right, when you click and drag the mouse to draw something, the line or dot doesn't exactly follow, it lags by a few seconds, and sometimes gets jumbled up?

open your task manager and have your "CPU usage" and "Page File" thing tab open, and use photoshop, and see if it jumps when you are doing what you are doing.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

hedgefield

Despite the grammar I might have an idea what you mean, since I think this might be what happens to me aswell sometimes. Let me get this straight, when you try to draw a curved line it just comes out straight, or you only see a dot at the point where you began drawing the line yes? I get that a lot too if I taskswitch from photoshop to another application. Minimizing and maximizing the photoshop window always fixes it for me, try that next time this happens and see if it helps.

Icey

@Cabbage: Thanks I will look through there but I think he3gefield got the solution.

@Khris: aww, you got. I trying to think of a way to fix that line to have it make sense however after I deleted the text I forget to take of the i.

@Babar: It could be the CPU that causes this problem as well due to the fact that I got so much going at once on my laptop.

@He3gefield: That is the exact problem I am having. I always thought it was doing when it once to and stopping when it once to but I guess I was fixing it with out knowing. I am away from laptop right right now but I will try that when I get the chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk