He Watches

Started by WHAM, Fri 17/06/2011 22:03:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

It's a horror game where you're supposed to stay out of the dark, it's not too dark... :P

I love the look of this. WHAM you are making a lot of different genres. And you're actually releasing the games. :D

WHAM

I went for 3 years toying with Infection 2, got sick of being bad at making games and decided to do something else to practice. I'm really hoping I can release this game by the end of the year so I can say I've released 3 games in one year. That would be soooo awesome.

Also, as Armageddon said, the darkness / light will play a role in this game and the lighting can be altered during the game, so don't worry. If it's too dark to see, it's like that for a reason.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

Released a new background, which is participating in the backgroun blitz competition. Enjoy.
At the moment I'm pushing up roughly two backgrounds a week, will try to keep it up and will keep posting stuff to keep up motivation.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ghost

I love the lighting in that background, and all those small details. The bookstands in particular! Really well done, sir!

WHAM

Finally! I've been itching to announce this, so here it goes:

90% of the graphics for a PLAYABLE DEMO are done, and I think I can get to scripting and coding the demo in the coming weeks. I am hoping to release the demo wihtin two months time, so keep an eye on the thread! The demo will act as a prologue chapter for the main game, so it should give you a good idea on the gameplay without taking away any actual gameplay or story from the main game.

Thanks again to everyone for being so supportive! Here, have a new screenshot!

Zenger

Wow  :o, It looks fantastic WHAM, looking forward to playing the demo  ;D

arj0n

Looks great Wham! Looking forward to play the Demo.

But the car looks like it's floating.
Maybe add some shadow effect to the ground below the car, like this?:  

WHAM

You make a good point, Arj0n. The lighting is not quite finished in any of the pictures so far. As the game progresses, I hope to finalize lighting and shadows so they make more sense.

Thaks for the kind words, Zenger!  :)

Dualnames

Is this a fog layer? Cause if it is, I'm wondering, is it also animating?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

WHAM

@Dual: "Yes", and "of course it is".

Dualnames

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 17/07/2011 19:30:57
@Dual: "Yes", and "of course it is".

@WHAM: "Great" and "AMAZING!"
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LRH

I really can't wait to see how this comes out...HURRY UP WHAM >:|

Darkdan

It looks very well done.

I cannot wait to see this fog moving...  8)

cianty

Looks great! Can't wait to play the demo!
ca. 70% completed

ferrara

Looking excellent so far!

Just a thought, would it be possible / make sense to have a "gamma-setting" inside the game so that a player can adjust
the darkness level to suit his/her monitor settings when beginning the game ?

I have to admit, I have no idea if the latest version of AGS system already has this incorporated into the screen settings menu  ::)

Naturally the setting should be locked after the player has begun the game, thus eliminating the possible cheating by
artificially changing the lighting to suit different situations during the game. This would involve making the setting inside the
actual game GUI, in the beginning menus.

Of course if one decides to play the game with the maximum gamma setting, therefore handicapping the lighting effects almost
completely and ruining the game, it's up to anyone to decide.

My two cents worth... :)
- Toni Cavén (ferrara /pbs & dc^s)

WHAM

I've got an idea on how to do this. Will have to see about implementing it in the next build to see how it works, so I can incorporate it in the demo and hear what people think about it.

WHAM

I finally, after much deliberation, decided on a final name for the game: "The Rushdie Mansion"
The demo is very much in the works, am hoping to release it next month!

Dualnames

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 26/07/2011 12:11:00
I finally, after much deliberation, decided on a final name for the game: "The Rushdie Mansion"

Don't take this the wrong way, cause you know how much I respect your work and how much I'm looking forward to this game, but Rushdie Mansion is really a bad name for this game. It strikes me a bit wrong, kind of putting me off from this greatly enchanting project of yours. Just a thought I think I should mention now, cause I should.

Snake

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 26/07/2011 22:26:21
Quote from: WHAM on Tue 26/07/2011 12:11:00

Don't take this the wrong way, cause you know how much I respect your work and how much I'm looking forward to this game, but Rushdie Mansion is really a bad name for this game. It strikes me a bit wrong, kind of putting me off from this greatly enchanting project of yours. Just a thought I think I should mention now, cause I should.
Yeah, just name it House of Darkness, Darkhouse, TROICA or The Legend of Leitor's Edge :P

On a serious note, I like the name. It says that it won't take the house too long to kill you, or at least that's how I take it.

If you are open to suggestions or open to changing the name (I saw the thread, so this seems to be your final name, so I am sincerely sorry if I'm stepping on your toes), I think it may work better to create a name that more suits the atmosphere of the game, ie; the darkness. At the least I would say take away the "The" part of the title and just calling it "Rushdie Mansion"... but Christ, this isn't the critics lounge now is it?

I'm still looking forward to this by the way :D
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Pixelton

This is looking really great Wham.

I remember looking at the first iteration of artwork for your infection game and you've really come along way man, your pixel art is really looking fantastic and the mood you're creating here is amazing. While I think some of the screenshots earlier in the post are probably a little too dark I think your grasp on lighting and mood setting are great and we could probably all learn something here by looking at these screenshots.

Keep it up, I can't wait to play the demo!
Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk