He Watches

Started by WHAM, Fri 17/06/2011 22:03:09

Previous topic - Next topic

ddq

Manour de la Coques Grande.
And what is the thread title supposed to represent? Did I miss the memo and "He Watches" is also a title candidate? I think it's a good title regardless, though its applicability to the game depends on the subject matter.

WHAM

@ddq: You missed the memo. It was one of my original ideas, which I decided to default back to despite getting quite a few ideas from you people. I began to feel like I was too stuck on the whole mansion theme, and decided instead to go with the more mysterious title that would also serve as a way to get the player asking questions before the game even starts: "Who watches?", "What are they watching and why?", "What relation does the title have with the game, is it a reference to a character in the game? Who?"
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

mkennedy

Think "It Watches"  would sound more ominous than "He Watches". A "he" could just be some guy where as an "it" could imply something that that is utterly inhuman.

WHAM

But if the name was indeed "IT watches", it would be a direct admission of an inhuman element in the watcher in question, whereas "he" can be anything from a direct hint at a male human character, to a play on words and concepts regarding an inhuman element with seemingly male properties.

I felt "He watches" has nice ambiguity and can be interperted in a multitude of ways, while still sounding fairly ominous and even a bit threatening.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

vertigoaddict

I like 'He Watches' better there's a sense of peversion in it, like a voyuer outside a girl's changing room. But it also sounds like something that would spout out of a religious nut, 'GOD SEES EVERYTHING , HE WATCHES EVERYTHING YOU DO' it's creepy.

arj0n

I feel "He Watches" is perfect as a title for this game.

Now go work on this project Wham, and remember: We're Watching  :=

WHAM

Oh, almost forgot my little update:
All of the demo rooms are now in place, and can be navigated by the player. Now during the rest of the week I will add character scaling and lighting and similiar details, and then all that's left for me to do is my favourite part: scripting game events and dialogue!

WHAM

Putting finishing touches on one of the GUI's of the game. It's the most complex one I've ever done, but darn its coming out nicely!

cianty

Can't wait! Can't wait!
ca. 70% completed

ferrara

My ideas for the name

- Darkness Is Watching
- Beneath The Dark
- Succumbing To Shadows
- Predeceased
- Darkness Perishes

Or just

- The Watching

:)
- Toni Cavén (ferrara /pbs & dc^s)

kconan

I'm for "He Watches", that is a creepy title.

WHAM

Quote from: kconan on Mon 01/08/2011 04:21:43
I'm for "He Watches", that is a creepy title.

Good to hear someone agrees with me here.  ;D

ViktorijaValentina

This sounds so cool... I can't wait for it!  :D
... And that is how I lost my medical license.

The Donut

He is watching the darkness that is beneath the darkness in the shadows of the predeceased perishing darkness that is watching him.

As an aside, looking forward to this.  ;D

WHAM

Just got all the animations needed in the demo for the main character done last night, also did a little number on her car and wrote some background text. Also figured out how to do a nice scrolling text GUI, so that's a win. All in all: PROGRESS!

WHAM

(This information also in the first post)

Do YOU want to be a part of the creation of this modern gaming masterpiece? Are you willing to sacrifice your precious time and effort to make this game better? Just want a sneaky peek?

You are in LUCK!

Send me a PM and you MIGHT become a part of the "ready-and-willing" testing team who will ensure that the demo for He Watches will work just right when it is released.

And remember, He is Watching YOU!

WHAM

All required beta testers have been found. Looks like I got a fairly active and positive bunch for this!
No further testers are required for the demo testing phase, but if you absolutely want to be a part of this, feel free to let me know via PM.

WHAM

Giddy with excitement right now! I got the lighting system working just right and it looks GREAT! Well, at least I think it does.  ;)
Also finished the cutscenes for the demo and began adding hotpots and details into rooms. Also working with the inventory GUI and persistent record keeping elements right now.

LRH

Great news! Really looking forward to playing this! :D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Those interior backgrounds are really well done, WHAM.  You've improved considerably since your first game, and the little details like the wallpaper designs make a big difference.

I'll be sure to give this a go when it's ready.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk