He Watches

Started by WHAM, Fri 17/06/2011 22:03:09

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Thanks ProgZ! It's always great to hear people have noticed the work going into the game.  :)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

qptain Nemo

I really like the screens and the atmosphere they give off. Waiting for this with curiousity and high expectations.

WHAM

I just got the save/load GUI working. Don't worry people, it is a lot better and easier to use than the mess I made in LaSol!  ;D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

Began final scripting phase. Going a little slower than I would like. I will get the demo somewhat done in time, but the testing phase might push it a little bit over the "end of the month" deadline.
Just an early warning, though. I might be wrong.

Here, have a screenshot for all the support you've given me!
Notice the lighting effects and the new GUI variation!

cianty

Oh, man! I love these screenshots! Can't wait! Can't wait!
ca. 70% completed

WHAM

Currently picking audio for the demo. After I get most or all of the audio in, I'll be sending this out to the testers. Like I said earlier, I'm a bit behind schedule, but as long as my testers do a good job, this should be done in a week, maximum, from now!

Already implemented music, footstep sounds and some special stuff! I'm hoping you people will enjoy!

Snake

Looking VERY forward to the demo!

YEEHEEE!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

WHAM

It has happened: my own game managed, during testing, to scare me enought to get me to go turn on the lights in the apartment and check that there isn't anyone standing outside of the front door. I have a good feeling about this now.  ;D

Darius Poyer

VERY interesting, very INTERESTING indeed...

Tabata

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 26/08/2011 21:41:28
It has happened: my own game managed, during testing, to scare me enought to get me to go turn on the lights in the apartment and check that there isn't anyone standing outside of the front door. I have a good feeling about this now.  ;D

That is a wonderful advertisement for your game  ;D

It has moved now from my "to-do-list" to my "must-play-asap-list"!      

SarahLiz

Done in a week??  Yeeeaaahhhh!!!  I have a definate morbid curisosity when it comes to horror games, movies, books, etc.  As I obviously (and who wouldn't?) LOVE your storyline and graphic art, I cannot WAIT to play this game.  At the same time...I am dreading playing it.  If it scared YOU, Wham...well I have a feeling I'll have the lights pretty much on all over the room and will be peeking out between my fingers, whilst temporarily muting the scary music parts.  (It's a necessary Pansy-type thing I have to do with scary movies and games because I have a "jokester" of a husband who gets his kicks out of scaring the crap out of me.  All. The. Time.  I hope karma kicks his ass one day.   :-* )

Anywhoo--I have been following this game since you first posted it on the boards, and as I said, can't wait to give it a try.  Great work, I think you've done an exceptional job from what I can tell.  Looks and sounds like it will be a great game.

Sarah   :)

KodiakBehr

Definitely on my to-play list.

Snake

Cannot wait for this, Wham!

Quote from: SarahLiz...because I have a "jokester" of a husband who gets his kicks out of scaring the crap out of me.  All. The. Time.  I hope karma kicks his ass one day.
Two words, Sarah: Scare Tactics

Sign him up!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

WHAM

First draft of the Demo has been sent out to testers NOW. I'll give these people as much time as is needed, so now it's mostly up to them when the demo gets released.

After that I'll have a small poll for feedback purposes and I'll see where the project goes from there.

WHAM

Update on demo schedule: My testers have found quite a few issues with the demo, and I've gone through a "slight" user interface overhaul, but today I'm hoping to get the next version of the demo out to the testers.

Will keep you people posted on the status!

m0ds

Definitely interested to play the demo :)

WHAM

My testers have been quite silent for the last couple of days, and I am inclined to think that this means the demo is feeling good and proper to them... Or maybe they got bored of my motivational messages and requests for "more effort".

Oh well, if nothing strange happens, I will try to put in some last minute work on tuesday and wednesday and will attempt to move forward with releasing the demo on THURSDAY 08.09.2011!

Disclaimer
This is not the final date, but its a "best case scenario" date!
/Disclaimer

WHAM

Some further testing and self-testing and the results are in!

THE DEMO IS READY!

Ferrara, the guy making the music, informed me that he will have an updated version of the demo music done by weekend, so I believe I can safely say there will be a release on SATURDAY!

*dances*

WHAM

Oh well, it wasn't ready, BUT IT WILL BE!
I've been doing some last minute fixes on bugs I found at the last minute, and due to feedback I decided to add some keyboard shortcuts to the GUI. I also need to sleep, but expect to see a release in 24 hours time!

It's crunch time, baby!

WHAM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk