He Watches

Started by WHAM, Fri 17/06/2011 22:03:09

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Time to post new stuff. I just finished the basic views for the primary characters of the game, and since I posted many of them on my DeviantArt -page not long ago, I thought now would be a good time to share:

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ghost

Great overall design, and nice "detail work" on the different characters!

CaptainD

Really nice work - looking forward to seeing them in action!  :-D

CosmoQueen

Wow 70+ pages of script?? Whooo I loves me a game with a lot of dialog! Makes it seem more like I'm watching a movie than playing a game.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

LTGiants2000

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 01/05/2012 22:23:02
Time to post new stuff. I just finished the basic views for the primary characters of the game, and since I posted many of them on my DeviantArt -page not long ago, I thought now would be a good time to share:

Finally got around to checking out this thread Wham...it looks like a really cool game. I'm gonna download the demo and try it. How's it coming along?

WHAM

The game is coming along nicely. I am currently working on a GUI overhaul to make the user interface easier to use, as well as the near-endless task of making new graphics, backgrounds and animations. All in all progress is slow but steady.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

Was bored, so here, have a pretty picture:

Ghost

I can't stress enough how incredible all the small details are. I know how meticulous you are with your graphics, and it really pays off; the backgrounds are interesting and very "alive". Really adorable!

WHAM

Did you notice that the pool table has just gone through the first break of a game of 9-ball, with balls 1 through 9 as well as the stone still on the table? :D I checked the ball colours so the match real ones.

LTGiants2000

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 25/05/2012 13:04:04
Did you notice that the pool table has just gone through the first break of a game of 9-ball, with balls 1 through 9 as well as the stone still on the table? :D I checked the ball colours so the match real ones.

Ok dude...you are officially a freak....a freak that I look up to!! So cool!

Ghost

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 17/06/2011 22:03:09
- Update 31st May 2012 - ...
He Watches is going through some changes, and I thought I could list them here, both to explain why the game isn't out yet and what my plans are for the game.

That are interesting news, and I am happy to hear you're taking the plunge with such a promising project! Sounds like a well thought-out plan too, giving away a freeware version and polishing up a commercial one. I wish you the best of luck and will be watching him watching you watching me...  ;)

WHAM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Declaration of "Goin' Commercial" has been made, see the first post for details and information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CaptainD

Good decision to have both a freeware and commercial version, even if it means more work for you.

WHAM

Glad to see a positive comment for a first response to the updated situation. I hope to make the game easily available, and yet give the full version plenty of polish so people would WANT to buy it.

arj0n

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 31/05/2012 12:49:04
Good decision to have both a freeware and commercial version, even if it means more work for you.
+1

Tabata

Quote from: Arj0n on Thu 31/05/2012 13:46:07
Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 31/05/2012 12:49:04
+1

Wishing you best of luck for this new step!

WHAM

Yay! My thread has been graced by Tabby's smiley parade! :D

LTGiants2000

Wham, I played the demo the other night and I got to say, as a veteran Adventure Gamer (I may not have been in the forums long, but I've played them since before I could walk) this is well worth a commercial release AND worth the money to buy it. There is such attention to detail in the game from the backgrounds to the music and the overlaying mist/fog, it's all really well done. My only wish is that it had voice acting...but I'm somewhat partial for personal reasons (hint hint, nudge nudge...PM me when auditioning  (laugh) ). Otherwise I am excited as a fan AND excited to see you succeed! Congrats!

WHAM

Glad to hear you enjoyed the old demo. A lot of the things in the demo are being improved and I hope to release a small tech demo to showcase the new improved GUI withing a week or two, so people can see what sort of progress is being made.

Voice acting there will be, in the full version, of course! However I will be looking almost completely for English / Scottish voice actors as the game takes place in northern Scotland. Thus I fear an American voice actor might not fit in the crowd too well. ;)

Anyway, I'll keep you in mind for future projects, I have a sort of a personal rule that a game should always have voice acting unless it would somehow ruin the game's atmosphere (or if the project has a ridiculous deadline, like a MAGS project).

NickyNyce

I was wondering WHAM, will you be releasing this freeware version at the same time as the commercial release?

I'm guessing the freeware version would be released after the commercial one, and if so, how far apart?

I know you make games for the pure enjoyment of doing so, but has the thought crept into your mind that the freeware release might hurt sales?

Just a few questions, hope I'm not putting you on the spot here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk