Waldo - The Within City 60%

Started by x0z, Tue 25/02/2003 18:20:44

Previous topic - Next topic

x0z

Waldo - The Within City facts:

Game size now: 7.28MB (60% ready)

We need more voice characters! Mail to wademan@luukku.com

- Only one playable characters (not two like i said)
- 640*480 resolution
- Funny characters and rooms
- Over 30 rooms
- Great music (By: Trapezoid)
- Voices (By: Petteri A...)
- Good humor

Screenshots and pictures:

Waldo Cool (Igor's tutorial)

Wallace McCool (Igor's tutorial)

First room

This is for Neole. Airports toilet

Within city map (will not used)

More screenshot coming....

Jokes:

Osama bin laden - Ozama bin Lager
G.W.Bush - G.W.Brush
Lord of the rings - Lard of the Kings
Tolkien - Talkier
Ericson - Erkkison
Sony - Pony
7Up - 9Down
Batman and Robin - Hatman and cabin

Music: (Trapezoid)

Waldo theme
Fork Arts theme
Music 1
Music 2
Music 3

I need more music! If somebody want to make MIDIs to Waldo, tell me! ;D

Vel

WOW!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Trapezoid

Hooray for Waldo! By the way x0z, if there are more midis you'd like me to make, just send me a PM.

Neole

No fair, you posted the screens I had already seen. *sulk*

Squinky

Cool crap man, This looks promising...

x0z

Game is going to be big...  :(

Better have adsl...

Game is going to be about 10-20MB... Sorry everyone...

Trapezoid

Ooh, cool. Bigness. If anything that just makes the game seem even more promising (I was worried that it would end up being too short.)

x0z

x0z

What you like about airports toilet screenshot?

Neole

Thanks x0z! The cartoony style in the backgrounds is great - it continues looking real fun! Only, why dont the backgrounds fill the whole screen?

Yellow is a Flavor

Wow, looks like it'll be great...

Quickstrike

I just soiled myself because it looks so good.  You owe me that game and a new pair of boxers!
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

x0z

Neole,

I drawed many, many pictures (about 9) then I resized them to 640*280,
OUTLINES WAS TOO FAT! Oh no what i'm going to do now... Then I got idea, I resized them to 400*296... Wow!!

Gilbert

Actually that "small screen" in the middle can be viewed as a style, and it looks cool too (probably has a better impact than they're fullscreen).

Furthermore, one thingie about point & clock adventure games is that sometimes a hotspot/edge/object is put too close to the screen edge, making you difficult to click on it (for example in SCI games sometimes it's difficult to click on a spot near the top of the screen without bringing up the ocmmand icon bar). But that way you shrinked the bgs in the middle of the screen, will never have this problem. Good thing.

I'll suggest that if you want, you can make some random animations on the border of teh screen (can enrich it, but NOT REALLY necessary), such as in rare occations, a face pops up from the right edge and yells "YAY" etc.

--EDIT--
HAHAHA point & clock, I won't edit the original words so you can have a good laugh at me. ;D

x0z

Gilbert I love your idea! THANKS!

nightmairs

I seriously wish i could draw like that!

Cool Game!

x0z

Neole

Some games do have smaller screens for scenes like closets and toilets, but not all the scenes. But Gilbot's idea will work really well! So if you solve a puzzle or crack a joke with a silly look at or use, you could have an audience laugh or someone appear in the side area and pass a snide comment instead of the main character saying "I cant do that".

x0z

Do you wanna be Wallace McCool's voice... Waldo-game needs some voice actors... Petteri A is one of them... Are you the another...  8)

Someone...? ???

Pet Terry

Yep, I'm voice of Waldo... but we need more voices! I know there's many people how can do voices :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

nightmairs

2 questions:

What properties are you looking for in Wallaces voice?

Whoever did the art for the game where did the learn to draw like that and what drawing program did you use?

x0z

I did the art... I use PSP7 (Paint Shop Pro)...

If you wanna be Wallace, you need old mans voice...

x0z

I have new avatar.. He hee! What you think about Jokes? 8)

nightmairs

x0z

I'm not going to release DEMO... Wait for whole game...  8)

Few weeks left. Do you guys need more screenshots?

Neole

I can never have enough of backgrounds. Dont release more than 15% of the bakgrounds though, as a rough rule!

nightmairs

Yeah some more screenshots of different rooms would nice. in other words...... GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!

x0z

Timosity

I thought I'd posted a comment on this game but I couldn't find it so,

This game is going to kick arse, the graphics are awsome, love the character art and the whole style.

I saw just one similar thing in my game Saddson Issein, regarding the jokes, you Have G. W. Brush, I had G.U.W Brush (Goo Brush),
But don't change anything, I was just pointing out an observation.

Keep up the excellent work

x0z

Have not played Saddson Issein... Big-Ass-O do you know who he is?

EDIT: But i'm sorry! I can add you to credits if you want! I tried Saddson: IT RLZ!

MadReizka

Well hello!! That was pretty cool too! Wow!
I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

x0z

Mä pyörin... Apinan naama... Plääh! Ihmeellistä tää suomi!

AJA

I remember from the old forums when there were some topics where everyone wrote in their own language and nobody understood anything. Ahh... memories...  ::)

x0z

Hehee That would be fun!
Jag gillar Finska...
Minä pidän suomen kielestä..
I like finnish...

MadReizka

Perhana, täälähän on suomalaisia aikas paljon

Offtopic:
Does someone know a guy whos name is BrotherH, I don't know does he hang around here. He is from finland.
Offtopic end

MadReizka

Quote from: x0z on Thu 27/02/2003 18:01:53
What you like about airports toilet screenshot?

Well its cool, but still.. hmm... its not like a "toilet". You know. Damn, hard to explain. Just there must be all these elements that makes it look like a TOILET.

Try to get something out of that!

EDIT: Now I know, you need to put mirror and sinks over there, and a condom machine ;)

Btw, that Waldo guy reminds me something about rincewind.

x0z

Eggie

I LOVE the games art style!!!

I'll give the voice acting thing another go.

x0z

Thanks eggie...

Vel

I think you used some unicode characters

x0z

I need new fonts with outlines to my game... If you know some nice font, TELL ME! Thanks... 8)

x0z

We need still voice actors...

Voices:

Waldo Cool:                      Petteri A
Wallace McCool:                Vel
Airport lady:                      ?
William ShakesBeer           BTails
(bartender)
Drunken man                     ?
MrCheeZe (dog)                ? (benbigbrain?) or (QuickStrike?)

What you think benbigbrain?!

m0ds

LoL, you made a joke using Erkki Lindpere's name!

Respek!1

:D
m0ds

x0z

New avatar! What do you think?

Matt Brown

I can be the BT..send me a script
word up

x0z

Hey, Hey! I need voice sample first..!  8)

x0z

Quote from: m0ds on Fri 21/03/2003 18:28:25
LoL, you made a joke using Erkki Lindpere's name!

Respek!1

:D
m0ds

Who's that?!?  ??? ;D

Matt Brown

okay. gimme an email address and I'll email you one. or, get on AIM and I'll send you that way

edit---HEY! that was my 600th post!
word up

x0z

MadReizka

Hey, I can talk the drunkenman.

"Heyyy... whesres thhe toaleth?"

x0z

I need cool font with outlines... SCI studio always crashes... Any other program to make fonts...?

MadReizka

You change your avatar and your name two times in a day? What's the deal in that?

And I liked the old avatars more.

x0z

Is that your business!?  >:(
"And I liked your old things more!

I change it if I want!

Jimi

Can I be th airport lady? (even though I'm a boy)

x0z

Send example to my mail...  ;D

MadReizka

Quote from: x0z on Sun 30/03/2003 16:45:57
Is that your business!?  >:(
"And I liked your old things more!

I change it if I want!

Calm down, calm down!

It is your own your own business if you change it, of course. But I just wanted to ask that why to change it. I like the x0z more that that Alajuuri whatever thingy.

BerserkerTails

First off, the game looks really cool. I like the style of the screenshots.

I can try out for one of the parts, thing is, I can't seem to find your email. So why don't you email me (btails@shaw.ca) with a small description of any parts that need filling (Particularly Shakesbeer, heh), and I'll do up a quick sample to send back.
I make music.

MadReizka

Love the personal text x0z ;D
LOL!

Jimi

Varsity

I'll do a part if you still need one!  I'm 14, fairly low voice If you want just holler, If you want me to do i voice sample tell me what to do :)

x0z

Quote from: BerserkerTails on Sun 30/03/2003 19:46:16
First off, the game looks really cool. I like the style of the screenshots.

I can try out for one of the parts, thing is, I can't seem to find your email. So why don't you email me (btails@shaw.ca) with a small description of any parts that need filling (Particularly Shakesbeer, heh), and I'll do up a quick sample to send back.

You're in... ShakesBeer has found!

x0z

Vel is in too! He is Wallace!

Vel

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Alex Lowes

If you need help I have many actors waiting:
check your e-mail box for info ::)

x0z

Alex? Do you have any woman actors...? Send saples to those empty characters... Thanks....

x0z

Fork Arts!

There is my new website! Try it! What you think about it? How it works in 800/600 resolution. Can you send screenshot....?

Vel

Heck looks good! Try to get rid of these nasty pop-ups.

Azure

I'd be willing to voice the airport lady. Alex sent me the e-mail before I found thease forums so the file should be coming to you via him. ^_^,, If you don't get it or want me to try another voice let me know.

http://www.btinternet.com/~yukino
^_^ Va resume =D
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

x0z

Where is it? Mine e-mail is empty!

Azure

Has he not sent anything through to you yet X_X,, If he doesn't send ti through in the next day or so let me know and I'll email you direct. I just don't want your inbox to get bogged down in media files!

wOoDz

Quote from: Vel on Sat 05/04/2003 19:12:40
Heck looks good! Try to get rid of these nasty pop-ups.

the game looks really cool, love the character.
why not try http://uk.geocities.com for ur site.... you can hide the popups under layers, check out here. http://uk.geocities.com/vdubboyz/index1.htm its a bit c****y but no popups ;D
i use Dreamweaver, its really good and i think its better than frontpage, be glad to help if you wanna change

woodz

x0z

Waldo music is made by Trapezoid...

List:

Waldo theme
Fork Arts theme
Music 1
Music 2
Music 3

I need more music! If somebody want to make MIDIs to Waldo, tell me! ;D

AJA

Great music... Good job, Trapz... :D

Pet Terry

Wow, music surely sounds great! Sorry X0Z, I haven't had much time to record any voices but I will do them! Don't worry about them ;)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Quickstrike

I saw your site x0z and saw that Mr cheeZe has no actor.  I could be his voice, when I get a mic.  Put me down as a mabey.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

x0z

Quickstrike(tm) Alrightie then!

x0z

Hey azureva, I can't hear your voice... Put mics volume bigger....

Quickstrike

x0z, check your messages.  I sent you a sound file.

BerserkerTails

Woot woot. I r teh Shakesbeer!

Heh, cool. It's pretty exciting to be part of what looks to be a high quality game.
I make music.

x0z

Woot woot. I are teh Shakesbeer!

Heh, cool. It's pretty exciting to be part of what looks to be a high quality game.

High quality... hmm... I don't know about it! ;D

Vel

BTW when are you gonna send me the lines so I can start recording?

Azure

Heya I sent a retake directly to your adress but it bounced, can you check your inbox isn't full and I;ll try again.

BerserkerTails

I make music.

x0z

Quote from: azureva on Sun 20/04/2003 19:45:00
Heya I sent a retake directly to your adress but it bounced, can you check your inbox isn't full and I;ll try again.

Thanks for telling that! It's full! ;D

Quickstrike

Quote from: x0z on Mon 21/04/2003 17:11:04
Quote from: azureva on Sun 20/04/2003 19:45:00

Thanks for telling that! It's full! ;D
I also sent you an e-mail, did you get it?

x0z

I have it QS... But I cutted MrCheeze off! Sorry!

aussie

Just had a look at your game, mate. Looks awesome. Keep it up.  ;D
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

x0z

Quickstrike

Quote from: x0z on Wed 23/04/2003 12:07:28
I have it QS... But I cutted MrCheeze off! Sorry!

It's okay, I didn't really think I was going to get the part anyways!

x0z

x0z

VerbCoin or simple sierra style GUI? Tell me! Thanks....

x0z

Waldo was on brake, but now it's on again... Will I make VerbCoin or GUI in the screenshots?

Voices and sounds are going fine! Petteri A (Waldo) have made many many samples... Game is now about 7 MBs...

Wait few more monts again! Send puzzle ideas to my mail: Wademan@luukku.com or with Instant Message!

Danke Schön! (Or something like that)

Petteri A, BerserkerTails and Vel wait few days and I send voice list to you! Okay?

Few actors are with no voices... Check first site...
AirportWoman, Waldo, Wallace and ShakesBeer have voice actors....

Vel

tychooo

very nice! even your GUI is super!,  ::) me compared to you i'm just very bad

x0z

Massimo

x0z

This is just to show of that I am still in working on Waldo! Last time i made something to Waldo it was June but I that I have some of that inspiration to finish waldo back! Petteri, Azure, BerserkerTails and Vel have promised to be voice actors and Petteri and Azure have started to make them (There is about 40 sounds ready so I really want finish this game). Okay nothing more to say!

By the way I choosed that GUI in that picture! Thanks!

Vel

Great! I will contribute to that project with whatever I can.

Azure

Haven't been around here much so i'm glad things are still going!

x0z

I have little problem! Azures voices volume is very low... If I raise volume it's sounds bad but I think it's good enought!

x0z

Game is going nicely but I don't want to say day when it's ready, it's ready when it's ready.

100th post in this thread! ;D

x0z

:'( I removed AGS's old version and IT REMOVED WALDO TOO!!! :'(

How is it possible!!!  ??? :'( :-\

I am sorry!

evilspacefart

Bloody hell!  :o

That's horrible. Do you have any backup files at all? I back up my files onto a cd whenever I make a significant change. Sad really. I was looking forward to this game.

x0z

No any Waldo-file backups...

Just exe-files...

AGA

http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm - try using this (you'll have to find a crack for it though :O) - I used it after I accidentally deleted some files, and it managed to restore them...

BerserkerTails

I make music.

Nixxon

Surely you'd have the original background and sprite PCX's, music etc in a different folder?
Rescripting wouldn't be so bad, if you 'have' lost everything... ouch.... and then some. :(

Queen Kara

I don't get it. The title is nice and the graphics are different from what one usually sees  , but what is this game about?
Sorry.
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

AGA

The game has been lost, it's no longer being worked on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk