[MAGS] Oblitus

Started by TheRoger, Thu 30/06/2011 17:01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRoger

So I decided to make my mark here. I present you - Achar Chronicles:Oblitus

A sci-fi themed game, which action is after 300 years from. Enjoy nicely animated characters, beautiful backgrounds and a short, but interesting and unique (I guess) story. Music was made specially for this game by Pavel Michalovski, it will bring atmosphere as close as possible to you. 

Plot:

It's like a spin-off from Roger's Quest 2 (which has a long way till completion.) because action takes place in the same galaxy. Story starts in planet named Viridian (or Viridis, I don't remember what I wrote) that belongs to one of two strongest factions/political organization -  G.S.G (Great States of Galaxy (other one is named C.O.G. (Coalition Of Galaxy - if I remember right.))). You are Eren Tersong, a soldier/scientist from G.S.G..

Story:
6th of July should be day like others to Eren: waiting for military operations, working in lab, filling papers and preparing for short hibernation, etc., but something went wrong after hibernation. When he woke up, everything wasn't in a way it should be. How long has he slept? Why nobody woke him? What to do next? You'll know the answers after you beat this game.

A poster:

And a screenie:

This game was created for MAGS competition:

You can vote by clicking here?

Also, visit my website.
And download Oblitus here! 1.1 version, less bugs, more fun!!

Write any bugs you find, I'll try to fix them in next release (maybe I'll add voice then)

Known bugs
--------------------------------
Spoiler

Use room door few times.
[close]

vertigoaddict

I found a bug.

Spoiler
When I tried to get the speaker out with the screw driver, I got 'Error:Spritecache::removeOldest:Attempted to remove sprite 496 that does not exist. this same error happens again when I use the speaker with the computer

NB: I think these errors happen when I've put the wire on the computer, then check it out, which tells me the computer doesn't have the speaker.
[close]

Hope that helped. Great game btw.

Also if you open your room door twice in the begining of the game, the game freezes.

TheRoger

You're not the only one getting speaker bug, though it doesn't occurs to me, don't know how to fix it, I'll try to add re-add sprites for speaker and inventory.

EDIT: I can't fix it, don't know what causes trouble. My only advice is to head straight to atrium after Barracks in part2, this way game work normally.

Atelier

Quote from: TheRoger on Thu 30/06/2011 19:35:00
You're not the only one getting speaker bug, though it doesn't occurs to me, don't know how to fix it, I'll try to add re-add sprites for speaker and inventory.

Hopefully it's only A Simple Fix. HARHAR

Tabata

It is an interesting story and worth fixing some bugs.

Since you asked for it, I wrote down some things, that bothered me while playing:

Spoiler
1. Using the elevator with the officer's ID the char doesn't go into the elevator-cabin. He ist standing „like in the air“ to be squeezed by the elevator-door. After the captains-door opened, the char can't leave the elevator. You can see it here. First I thought, that the game freezed, but when using the ID it was possible to reach the upper levels, so the right door opens and the char could step into the cabin and try it again. So it's no freezing or dead-end, but still not to be meant like this and I wanted you to know.

2. Several times I didn't arrive at the chosen room, but the roof instead (once, when choosing the barracks and later on again, when choosing the atrium).

3. Last time (after repairing the wires) and entering the atrium the game crashes with thismessage. If you first get the speaker, there's no prob.

4. The next chrash happens with the same message, when using the speaker on the computer after repairing the wires. First using the speaker on the computer and fixing the wires afterwards is no prob.
[close]

I hope it helps a bit and you have left some energy for the fixing, because it is nevertheless a nice game and worth the extra time. So please don't give up on this one!  ;)

Dualnames

I played the game, apart from it's lack of polish, which i understand, it's for MAGS, the game seems REALLY REALLY interesting. I wanted to see more of it, when I got the crash bug thing, that vertigo got as well.

Regardless of how the game ends, the atmosphere is well done, graphics are quite good, stylish.

It just needs some polish. Mostly the interface which has bugs here and there, and then some animation glitches. What bothered me was the interface, but that didn't stop me from playing.

And what Tabata said. To sum my comment up. Great potential, lack of plish, because of apparent lack of time, I've been there done that. Just give this game some work after MAGS is over. It would be a shame if you didn't.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

TheRoger

I have fixed most of the bugs (except that speaker.), but I accidentally upgraded game to 3.2.1 engine. So now I'm stuck with music, it starts all over when I change rooms...

vertigoaddict

Quote from: TheRoger on Sun 03/07/2011 07:05:31
I have fixed most of the bugs (except that speaker.), but I accidentally upgraded game to 3.2.1 engine. So now I'm stuck with music, it starts all over when I change rooms...

What I did is put the music script in 'when first enter room', the music will keep playing without restarting.

TheRoger

Heh, I use old PlayMusic(); and it seems to be working fine, update is coming today then!!

EDIT: Uploaded new version, fixed many bugs, replaced all sprites, I think speaker problem is gone too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk