Oceanspirit Dennis: The Full Name Of This Game Won't Fit..SOURCE AVAILABLE!

Started by monkey0506, Sun 10/07/2011 22:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

Oceanspirit Dennis: My Very First AGS RPG Game Ever Made by Me and Square Enix:
Can Someone Please Tell Me How to Upload It So You Can All Play It: Episode VIIIXCMIICM:
The Legend of Zelda Edition 3DSX: Ocarina of Majora's Past: Cloud Strife's Precursor Story!!1:
PubMasterQuestPMQLEgeNDS: DON't post in MY THREAD if you don't like This Game Plxkthnz:
Oh, ALSO KINGDOM FINAL HEARTS FATNASY VIXYCCII:
ヤイエ德薩ル三振デサ襲擊

In this game you will explore the awesomitity that is Oceanspirit Dennis and get to see all sorts of stuff about how he came to be the Scourge of the Underworld. I hope you all love and enjoy this game. If you don't, please keep it to yourself!!1

DONWLAODD!!1

MIRRAR!! (Thanks Peder Johnsen!!)

SORES!11

P.S. IF YOU HAPPEN TO WIN THE GAEM, PM ME FOR DETAILS. YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN.

P.P.S.P.S.S.P. I PARTIALLY FIXED THE ISSUE MENTIONED ABOVE. THERE IS ONE FILE MISSING. PM FOR DETAILS IF YOU'RE REALLY THAT DESPERATE. ^_^

P.S.S. The downlaod is 145 MB, so be prepared!

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. There's a buttt-load of special features in here that might go ENTIRELY UNNOTICED. If no one has discovered any of them I'll start leaking them in a week or two.

arj0n

monkey0506

Seeing as you posted in my thread, you must love my game! ;D

Also, does the :P mean you beat the game? :D

NickyNyce

This is so wrong it's right...(Ooops, was I supposed to keep that to myself ? )....the pic that didn't work, the wrong forum, oh how it all came together. You made my day. I assume your already working on the sequel ?

Oh...and by the way....how come it's not in english?      lol

ddq

monkey0506

Glad to hear everyone's loving it so greatly. By the way, feel free to leak any of the secrets you might discover, but to keep it interesting, why not consider giving gentle hints first instead of just throwing things out there? Also the HIDE tag is useful.

Spoiler
This game might possibly have cheat codes you guys.
[close]

Sylvr

:-X I just heard myself. OHHHHHHHHHH wow. I may die of embarassment.
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Grundislav

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

monkey0506

Hey LimpingFish..

Spoiler
There *might* be DLC. If you win. I mean..technically that's downloadable content in compliment to the game.
[close]

Grundy...

Spoiler
ddq knows! DDQ KNOWS EVERYTHING!
[close]

Spoiler
Also, purveyors of my first game might be aware of my fandom of a particular win-method..that could come in use.
[close]

Sylvr

I got 0/800 too.  :'( And I have no idea what the win-method is.

Also, is there any way to skip cutscenes?

ddq

I might take the time to write the GameFAQs page for this thing, I have a feeling that it'd be necessary to enjoy the game in its most full completeness.

Sylvr

monkey0506

I don't want to give away too much all at once here..:=

Spoiler
Those who know the origins of my username might know more about how to win the game.
[close]

Spoiler
Specifically, the way you win the game is homage to the origins of my username.
[close]

Spoiler
As is the score.
[close]

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

monkey, I cannot believe that you got such a fundamental part of the Oceanspirit canon wrong.  EVERYONE knows that Dennis shouts "FIGHTS!" before a battle, not "Fight!".  I mean come on man, put a little research forth before making an OSD game.  :=

monkey0506

Well considering that canonically this is the first OSD game ever made ::) I define what's canon, not you. ;D

Ryan Timothy B

I can't seem to find the winning battle moves against the purple blob fellow with gray hair and a sword. Hmmm

monkey0506

Hey Ryan:

Spoiler
There's something else that you're overlooking clicking on.
[close]

Spoiler
There's someone else that you're overlooking clicking on.
[close]

Spoiler
There's a person at that restaurantplace.
[close]

Ponch

I can't believe I got a zero score!

I can't believe my opening lines were cut short!

I can't believe I played full screen!

I can't believe any of this! Well done, sir. Well done!   ;D

Eggie

I played fullscreen and stayed until the end of the song.

I think that's winning in a WAAAY :(

EDIT: Aw man, I just read the readme! Oceanspirit's played by Icey! That's AWESOME!

monkey0506

My thanks and congratulations to all of you who have played and faced the anguish of scoring 0 of the 800 possible points.

In addition to what I already said before (after Sylvr's post):

Spoiler
My favorite game of all time is The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢.
[close]

Spoiler
There's only one real way to win The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢.
[close]

Icey

Thanks Eggie.

I am finally able to download the game at work after some internet problems yesterday so I can't wait to give it a try.

Icey

In a sense that is true. And I will explain why my OSD games follow there own story with my next OSD game. :=

And please tell me your not supposed to be able to beat seph?

Ponch

Having just played through as the clown, I must ask: Ben, do you have any voice left at all now?  :o

Mr Flibble

Play through as meeee (as soon as I play myself and figure out who I am exactly)
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Ponch

Quote from: monkE3y_05_06 on Mon 11/07/2011 12:55:33
There's only one real way to win The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢.

Use the root beer on LeChuck! But this game has no root beer. And no LeChuck!

Also, unlocked five different characters so far!  :=

monkey0506

Quote from: icey games on Mon 11/07/2011 16:55:24In a sense that is true. And I will explain why my OSD games follow there own story with my next OSD game. :=

Heh, just poking a bit of fun at you. Actually added that bit before I even started thinking about voice actors. But of course until your games start firing cannonballs I'll still maintain that they aren't "cannons". :=

Regarding Sephiroth:

Spoiler
No, you can't beat him directly. Not even if you turn on God Mode. You have to do something different.
[close]

Spoiler
There's someone else there you can talk to!
[close]

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 11/07/2011 20:14:40Use the root beer on LeChuck! But this game has no root bear. And no LeChuck!

Also, unlocked five different characters so far!  :=

Wrong!

Spoiler
Using the root beer on LeChuck is only how you FINISH the game. You still score 0 of 800 points that way.
[close]

Spoiler
There's only one way in The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢ to score 800 of 800 points.
[close]

Spoiler
You have to learn how to Control the game if you want to Win.
[close]

Also (characters):

Spoiler
For those of you not aware, there are several unlockable characters in this game. Think you have what it takes to Play As Ray? Why not try telling the game?
[close]

Spoiler
Remember, spelling matters.
[close]

Ponch

Well, since I haven't played MI since it was on floppy disks, apparently I'm off to the googles!  ::)

Sylvr

Ponch

Quote from: Sylvr on Tue 12/07/2011 00:11:16
Still can't figure it out. :(

I know you can do it, Oceanspirit Sylvr! I believe in you! You just have to learn to control yourself in battle to win!  8)

Also, isn't Oceanspirit Dennis an open source series? Where's the source code, monkey? I know you created OSD, AGS, and Square Enix, but that doesn't mean you can hold out on us!

Icey

Quote from: monkE3y_05_06 on Mon 11/07/2011 21:55:36
Quote from: icey games on Mon 11/07/2011 16:55:24In a sense that is true. And I will explain why my OSD games follow there own story with my next OSD game. :=

Heh, just poking a bit of fun at you. Actually added that bit before I even started thinking about voice actors. But of course until your games start firing cannonballs I'll still maintain that they aren't "cannons". :=

Regarding Sephiroth:

Spoiler
No, you can't beat him directly. Not even if you turn on God Mode. You have to do something different.
[close]

Spoiler
There's someone else there you can talk to!
[close]

It's cool I actually laughed when I seen that. How do u turn on god mod, And I will see what I can do.

monkey0506

I'm going to post the source after significantly more of the cheat codes have been discovered and posted/hinted at by people in spoiler tags.

By the way, for those of you who have one the game, I'll start posting more direct hints once one of you manages to:

Spoiler
POST THE MESSAGE THAT I TOLD YOU TO WHEN YOU WON THE GAME.
[close]

:=

TheRoger

Probably one of the best games I played lately. Now I want to create an OSD game.  ;D  Is there a template of any OSD game?Found it!

I scored 800 points, where is my bonus CD?

monkey0506

I PM'd you details. ;) I'll post the link here spoiler'd later, but for now people are still trying to figure out how to win, and that is indeed one of the perks of winning, so don't want to just give that away just yet! ;)

Also, what's 83 chars?

Oh, and I know nothing of any OSD template. I used the Verbcoin Template that I wrote in designing this game. :=

Edit: Just had a thought and it worked brilliantly. My webhost gives me access to .htaccess, so I was able to just add a rewrite rule. Works perfectly. :)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 11/07/2011 17:18:24
Having just played through as the clown, I must ask: Ben, do you have any voice left at all now?  :o

I do not.

I actually sacrificed my vocal chords and abilities to speak in order to make this entry in the OSD franchise as amazing as possible. I may be a mute forever, but for OSD it is worth it.

monkey0506

Ben304 is the most amazing, wonderful creature to ever have blessed MonkeyMoto Productions, Inc. with his presence.

ThreeOhFour

Grundislav

Hey, I sacrificed my gonads to perform Jessica! Where's the love for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

(Just kidding I've already gotten lots of love)

Ponch

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 12/07/2011 16:28:58
Hey, I sacrificed my gonads to perform Jessica! Where's the love for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

A sterling performance, Grundy. You brought a whole new level of sex appeal to Jessica. :-*

ddq

For maximum enjoyment,
Spoiler
At the main menu, type "playasshadow".
[close]
I don't know what an ass hadow is, but all I know is it makes the game better.
Spoiler

Alternatively, type playas[character name here] to play as anyone else, (Sephiroth, Jessica, etc.)
[close]

monkey0506

There's even a special guest appearance by an uncredited character! :o

Spoiler
So you think you're a mighty pirate, eh?
[close]

Oh, and for the record:

icey: I couldn't have possibly asked for a better Oceanspirit Dennis. Thank you sir.

Grundislav: You brought Jessica to a whole new level of sexy. I assure you that your gonads were a sufficient sacrifice to appease the Oceanspirit Dennigods. Thank you sir.

Sylvr: No need for humble embarrassment, you are one sexy octowoman. You did a brilliant job and I love you for it. Thank you madam.

Ponch: Life Partner Ray has never sounded so..so..so bloody good! Thank you sir, for your service and commitment to helping make Oceanspirit Dennis what it is today!

Ben304: Why let your voice live on only through your lifetime, when you can submit it to the eternity that is the internet? As amazing as everyone was, your performance truly made me laugh, out loud, the hardest, and the longest. I will never stop loving, "WHAT!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE MY PRESENTS!?!?" Congratulations sir, you win the invisible gold star of voice acting lifetime achievementness. Though your first voice performance may very well be the last you can ever adequately supply, I assure you, it was well worth the small price you paid. Thank you sir.

Secret Fawful: Such a lovely, soft-spoken Doctor Jones sir. You truly captured the pacifist side of this amazing character. Thank you sir!

ddq: I couldn't have possibly asked for a better Shadow (the Oceanspirit Doppelganger). Thank you sir.

monkey_05_06: I could have possibly asked for a better Santa Claus, but it would have been literally beyond the realm of possibility to actually find one. You sir, are one sexy old man. Give me a call sometime. := Thank you sir.

Mr Flibble: You literally saved this production with your performance. If it wasn't for your last-minute submission, this entire project would have had to been postponed for an entire year! := Thank you sir.

Jake, boyfriend of Maxilyah (of the Telltale Games forums): I..I'm not sure what happened. You gave the strangest and perhaps most disturbing voice performance I ever could have asked for. In a way I suppose that's perfect for an Oceanspirit Dennis game. Well, I will never look at SECRET CHARACTER the same ever again. Thank you sir.

LimpingFish

I got stuck at Sephiroth and gave up.

Don't feel let down, though. It's the longest I've ever played an OSD for!

That's gotta count for something...right?
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ponch

Quote from: monkE3y_05_06 on Tue 12/07/2011 23:11:07
Ponch: Life Partner Ray has never sounded so..so..so bloody good! Thank you sir, for your service and commitment to helping make Oceanspirit Dennis what it is today!

I don't know. Have you played Ray of Hope. Tzachs set the bar pretty high. Just cast "dirty splits" or "rump dump" and you'll see that he brought a certain something to the character that no one could (or should!) try to duplicate.  ;)

monkey0506

Well you're right. I honestly thought you sounded terrible, but I didn't want to be a prick about it. :=

Hey, I mean, you practically asked for that. ;D

Kastchey

I won. 800/800 n00bz.

But, this is bugged.
Spoiler
I type playasclwon and nothing happens. Meh!
[close]
Also,
Spoiler
Jessica is a guy (!!!!!1!!), though you can only tell after you have seen the lower part of his body. I have a photo to prove that.
I'm so disappointed, I had a fanboy love letter prepared and all. Guess I'll just have it sent to Life Partner Ray instead, for the overall smexiness of his soothing voice.
[close]

ddq

What?!? Jessica is a chick for totes. I should know, I kinda drew a version of her sprite au naturel for her smex scene in Blassion. Of course, she was censored, natch. It's completely irrelevant that she's only been voiced by guys, though.

monkey0506

That's not a bug, that's a FEATURE! :=

Spoiler
Seriously, there's two different ways to PLAY AS KRUSTY, but PLAYASCLWON isn't one.
[close]

Also, is there no one in all of these forums who is a mighty pirate??

Edit: Oh what the hell. I'll toss a few more at you.

Spoiler
Does anybody know what cheatcode Facebook has?
[close]

Spoiler
Any announcer types might get a kick out of their opening line...
[close]

Spoiler
I don't know if anyone's actually verified that they utilized it, but how to activate God Mode?
[close]

Ryan Timothy B

I dunno man. If you would've made the intro skip able, I would have played it more than twice. Perhaps even a save/load feature. Just because it's OSD, doesn't mean it needs to be completely annoying.  :=

Kastchey

You're not gonna fool me. As sweet and feminine as Jessica's voice may sound, here's the proof.
!!!Spoiler!!!
I hereby publish this photo as an act of revenge for my destroyed fatnasies.

...and clwon is still bugged.

Edit: I corrected my spelling as I was suggested, but
Spoiler
pleyassclwon still doesn't work.
[close]

Icey

I think Dennis is or maybe was rich. In this game his father has a butler. They are pretty expensive too. So is he rich?

Ponch

Quote from: Kastchey on Fri 15/07/2011 06:22:20
Edit: I corrected my spelling as I was suggested, but
Spoiler
pleyassclwon still doesn't work.
[close]

Spoiler
playaskrusty
[close]
;)

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Kastchey

Quote from: Ponch on Fri 15/07/2011 07:12:56
Spoiler
playaskrusty
[close]
;)
That's so kind of you, L.P.Ray. Here, have the fan letter, just cross out the parts where it says 'Jessica'.

monkey0506

Quote from: Studio3 on Fri 15/07/2011 06:43:09I think Dennis is or maybe was rich. In this game his father has a butler. They are pretty expensive too. So is he rich?

His father is Bruce friggin Wayne man, Bruce friggin Wayne. You know, the Bat, Man! His father is the richest of all "super" heroes. Oceanspirit just sort of wants to do his own thing though, you know? One day he will inherit Wayne Manor and Wayne Enterprises, but for now he just wants to have his fun killing every non-human he meets and having totally consensual "funtimes" with Life Partner Ray. :=

@Kastchey: I thought it would have been clear when I told you that the way you were spelling it wasn't one of the two ways. But ah well, you got it sorted.

And seriously:

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THEMSELVES TO BE MIGHTY PIRATES?!?

Icey

Snake

Quote from: munkyohfiveohsixWHERE THE HELL ARE THE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THEMSELVES TO BE MIGHTY PIRATES?!?
I don't know about a mighty pirate, but I could certainly be a deckhand.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ponch

Quote from: Snake on Sat 16/07/2011 01:59:39
I don't know about a mighty pirate, but I could certainly be a deckhand.

Ooh! I wanna be the cabin boy!   :=

monkey0506

There are no deckhands or cabin boys because the entire crew mutinied. But you'd only know that if you had previously declared yourself to be a Mighty Pirate. >:(

Big GC

Making a game - this should be easy......?

monkey0506

Thank you! Finally! ;D

Next up:

Spoiler
Fans of the SantaTheme might find some enjoyment in declaring the group to which their planetary origins belong.
[close]

Spoiler
Also, did you say that you wanted a hero?
[close]

Big GC

I didnt want a hero I need a hero.....  ;)

The other one ...... beats me  ???

monkey0506

Yes, that hint was a bit contrived, but something I said earlier about announcer types went largely unnoticed. Thanks for playing along with me Big GC! You're keeping the fun alive unlike all these other prudes around here! :=

Spoiler
Any Earthlings in the audience may find enjoyment if they announce the type of people they are.
[close]

Spoiler
You know, like an announcer would.
[close]

Spoiler
If he was addressing them.
[close]

Spoiler
Like he already did.
[close]
:=

monkey0506

Haha, an entirely pointless and shameless bit of copyright infringement and declaration of fandom, but it was worth bloating the game's filesize. :=

I think that pretty much sums it up. Except..nobody ever said whether they actually used:

Spoiler
The only cheat code that Facebook has..or had?
[close]

Spoiler
It's pretty much one of the most common and famous cheat codes ever made.
[close]

We use data tethering for internets, and my phone gets too poor of reception to upload it, so I will upload the project source when I have access to a faster internets.

Kastchey

Spoiler
I did use the Konami code, but all it did for me was to make the 0/800 points screen pop. With HP bars still visible by the way. Am I missing something or is it the ultimate top secret way to lose the game? :)
[close]

monkey0506

OKAY YOU GUYS THE GAME SOURCE IS NOW AVAILABLE.

My roommate had to go to the opposite side of the country to get to a place with DSL and upload it*, but it's finally here!

*Nah, really we just can't get it here, so she took care of it while on vacation somewhere that isn't a backwater hole like this.

Icey

Ponch

Icey

monkey0506

For the record, nobody ever did comment on the fact that the non-Engrish portion of the title of this game is in a combination of Japanese and Chinese. It's pretty danged cool like that.

Big GC

I was more impressed that it was a combination of Roman Numerals and Binary!!11

Icey

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Sat 08/10/2011 07:07:56
For the record, nobody ever did comment on the fact that the non-Engrish portion of the title of this game is in a combination of Japanese and Chinese. It's pretty danged cool like that.

I noticed that when you first released the game as I went to go see what it said and noticed I had translate it from jap to Eng then from chi to eng

Ponch

Quote from: Studio3 on Sat 08/10/2011 19:56:39
I noticed that when you first released the game as I went to go see what it said and noticed I had translate it from jap to Eng then from chi to eng

And then I had to translate that post from icey to Eng.  ;)

Icey

Ponch

Perhaps we were too distracted by all the awesomeness on our screens? I know I was! Especially that Life Partner Ray! His voice actor really brought him to life with that sexy baritone! No wonder Dennis loves him so much!  8)

Buckethead

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 09/10/2011 02:12:35

Perhaps we were too distracted by all the awesomeness on our screens? I know I was! Especially that Life Partner Ray! His voice actor really brought him to life with that sexy baritone! No wonder Dennis loves him so much!  8)

Normally you might argue that it's wrong to say that about your own preformance... But in this case it's so true.

Ponch

Quote from: Buckethead on Sun 09/10/2011 17:18:39
Quote from: Ponch on Sun 09/10/2011 02:12:35

Normally you might argue that it's wrong to say that about your own preformance... But in this case it's so true.

Darn tootin'  ;)

monkey0506

Buckethead, you know flattery always makes Ponch gassy. Geeze, somebody turn on the fans in here..

And don't try to translate the title. It's not meant to be translated. It's meant to be accepted for whoaten it is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk