Oceanspirit Dennis: The Full Name Of This Game Won't Fit..SOURCE AVAILABLE!

Started by monkey0506, Sun 10/07/2011 22:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

My thanks and congratulations to all of you who have played and faced the anguish of scoring 0 of the 800 possible points.

In addition to what I already said before (after Sylvr's post):

Spoiler
My favorite game of all time is The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢.
[close]

Spoiler
There's only one real way to win The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢.
[close]

Icey

Thanks Eggie.

I am finally able to download the game at work after some internet problems yesterday so I can't wait to give it a try.

Icey

In a sense that is true. And I will explain why my OSD games follow there own story with my next OSD game. :=

And please tell me your not supposed to be able to beat seph?

Ponch

Having just played through as the clown, I must ask: Ben, do you have any voice left at all now?  :o

Mr Flibble

Play through as meeee (as soon as I play myself and figure out who I am exactly)
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Ponch

Quote from: monkE3y_05_06 on Mon 11/07/2011 12:55:33
There's only one real way to win The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢.

Use the root beer on LeChuck! But this game has no root beer. And no LeChuck!

Also, unlocked five different characters so far!  :=

monkey0506

Quote from: icey games on Mon 11/07/2011 16:55:24In a sense that is true. And I will explain why my OSD games follow there own story with my next OSD game. :=

Heh, just poking a bit of fun at you. Actually added that bit before I even started thinking about voice actors. But of course until your games start firing cannonballs I'll still maintain that they aren't "cannons". :=

Regarding Sephiroth:

Spoiler
No, you can't beat him directly. Not even if you turn on God Mode. You have to do something different.
[close]

Spoiler
There's someone else there you can talk to!
[close]

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 11/07/2011 20:14:40Use the root beer on LeChuck! But this game has no root bear. And no LeChuck!

Also, unlocked five different characters so far!  :=

Wrong!

Spoiler
Using the root beer on LeChuck is only how you FINISH the game. You still score 0 of 800 points that way.
[close]

Spoiler
There's only one way in The Secret of Monkey Islandâ,,¢ to score 800 of 800 points.
[close]

Spoiler
You have to learn how to Control the game if you want to Win.
[close]

Also (characters):

Spoiler
For those of you not aware, there are several unlockable characters in this game. Think you have what it takes to Play As Ray? Why not try telling the game?
[close]

Spoiler
Remember, spelling matters.
[close]

Ponch

Well, since I haven't played MI since it was on floppy disks, apparently I'm off to the googles!  ::)

Sylvr

| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Ponch

Quote from: Sylvr on Tue 12/07/2011 00:11:16
Still can't figure it out. :(

I know you can do it, Oceanspirit Sylvr! I believe in you! You just have to learn to control yourself in battle to win!  8)

Also, isn't Oceanspirit Dennis an open source series? Where's the source code, monkey? I know you created OSD, AGS, and Square Enix, but that doesn't mean you can hold out on us!

Icey

Quote from: monkE3y_05_06 on Mon 11/07/2011 21:55:36
Quote from: icey games on Mon 11/07/2011 16:55:24In a sense that is true. And I will explain why my OSD games follow there own story with my next OSD game. :=

Heh, just poking a bit of fun at you. Actually added that bit before I even started thinking about voice actors. But of course until your games start firing cannonballs I'll still maintain that they aren't "cannons". :=

Regarding Sephiroth:

Spoiler
No, you can't beat him directly. Not even if you turn on God Mode. You have to do something different.
[close]

Spoiler
There's someone else there you can talk to!
[close]

It's cool I actually laughed when I seen that. How do u turn on god mod, And I will see what I can do.

monkey0506

I'm going to post the source after significantly more of the cheat codes have been discovered and posted/hinted at by people in spoiler tags.

By the way, for those of you who have one the game, I'll start posting more direct hints once one of you manages to:

Spoiler
POST THE MESSAGE THAT I TOLD YOU TO WHEN YOU WON THE GAME.
[close]

:=

TheRoger

Probably one of the best games I played lately. Now I want to create an OSD game.  ;D  Is there a template of any OSD game?Found it!

I scored 800 points, where is my bonus CD?

monkey0506

I PM'd you details. ;) I'll post the link here spoiler'd later, but for now people are still trying to figure out how to win, and that is indeed one of the perks of winning, so don't want to just give that away just yet! ;)

Also, what's 83 chars?

Oh, and I know nothing of any OSD template. I used the Verbcoin Template that I wrote in designing this game. :=

Edit: Just had a thought and it worked brilliantly. My webhost gives me access to .htaccess, so I was able to just add a rewrite rule. Works perfectly. :)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 11/07/2011 17:18:24
Having just played through as the clown, I must ask: Ben, do you have any voice left at all now?  :o

I do not.

I actually sacrificed my vocal chords and abilities to speak in order to make this entry in the OSD franchise as amazing as possible. I may be a mute forever, but for OSD it is worth it.

monkey0506

Ben304 is the most amazing, wonderful creature to ever have blessed MonkeyMoto Productions, Inc. with his presence.

ThreeOhFour

Grundislav

Hey, I sacrificed my gonads to perform Jessica! Where's the love for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

(Just kidding I've already gotten lots of love)

Ponch

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 12/07/2011 16:28:58
Hey, I sacrificed my gonads to perform Jessica! Where's the love for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

A sterling performance, Grundy. You brought a whole new level of sex appeal to Jessica. :-*

ddq

For maximum enjoyment,
Spoiler
At the main menu, type "playasshadow".
[close]
I don't know what an ass hadow is, but all I know is it makes the game better.
Spoiler

Alternatively, type playas[character name here] to play as anyone else, (Sephiroth, Jessica, etc.)
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk