Orwellian Jam: 7/16-25 - WINNER -

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Sun 17/07/2011 07:01:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

George Orwell (pen name of Eric Blair) was privy to much of the 'inside-baseball' in 1939 when he wrote the epic dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four and saw much of what he described coming to pass.

Some believe we've already surpassed 1984 in several ways with programs like Google Maps, GPS tracking and CARNIVORE that track your every move and store it in massive databases along with your purchase history and much more...

But let's say that there's room for MORE....MORE interference in your privacy.  Interference with your very WAY OF LIFE.

That's why the National Security Agency (www.nsa.gov) has hired YOU, afterall!  That's RIGHT!  You've been hired to invent and construct a piece of 'orwellian' technology for the future world, something that will give us more control over...allow us to better protect citizens from threats abroad AND at home!

Rules:

1.  Cannot exceed 64 unique colors.

2.  May either be an in-game object (like a sophisticated ATM) or an inventory item, or both.  

3.  There are no resolution restrictions other than those that apply to AGS and reasonably to inventory sizes.

4.  Must catalog the features of this "Orwelltech" and its applications, both mundane and military.

5.  Get those sci-fi braincells firing and come up with something crazy and downright ORWELLIAN!

Begin.  And remember:

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.

Dualnames

I cannot love you enough for this!!!  :D
Also prepare yourself for an entry at this space.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

æ

Remember the AGS Awards 2010 ?

Bwana: "Cha, this gramophone will shovel all awards on to me again, brotha?"

Capitán: "Si Señor presidente! Reggae offbeats in low frequency gonna retune the mind of all voters.
Otherwise your rivaling nominees will make a journey down the trapdoor...".

cat & mods, thanks so much for your nice comments!

m0ds

Amélie, endorsed your membership over at FoY the other day and your icon had me curious as to whether you were a bot or human...and your picture above is fantastic proof of the latter :) What a wonderful journey into the Jim Spanos shambles of AGS awards 2010! Even Oceanspirit Dickhead is there ;D Wonderful - TIM meets Sam & Max! TJD guy is obviously blazed!! Thanks for a wonderful contribution, and mostly for easing my curiosity!

Dualnames

But, it lacks something...
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

cat

Awesome drawing, Amélie! So many funny details.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Going to extend this until tomorrow as some people have asked me to.

The NSA is extremely disappointed in you would-be inventors!  Only one of you came forth with a device we might find useful...but don't worry, we have ways of making you invent.

When there's only one entry, there can be only one winner!

Amélie!

Now it is up to you to jam the sprites.

m0ds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk