The Oceanspirit Omnibus

Started by Ponch, Tue 12/07/2011 03:55:21

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

I feel so ashamed! It's like doing Darth Vader without James E. Jones!
What have I done! How will all the OSD fans react?

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Tabata

Quote from: miguel on Tue 18/03/2014 13:46:55
How will all the OSD fans react?
I don't know what will happen 
but since you already gave some ideas about treatments that are usually done in your areas
I'd recommend you to procure a jockstrap made of steel (laugh)

Ghost

It's like doing Darth Vader without James E. Jones!

Ah, easy. Just let someone casually drop a line how Dennis has a huge cold or something. A common cold can't bring Dennis down, damnit! But it sure will screw up his voice ;-D

miguel

QuoteSheesh! How can we take your OSD game seriously if his voice sounds different? You're screwing up years of carefully constructed continuity! (wrong)
Snarky, just try really hard! Imagine watching Steve Martin's Pink Panther!

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 18/03/2014 16:38:49
How will all the OSD fans react?
I don't know what will happen 
but since you already gave some ideas about treatments that are usually done in your areas
I'd recommend you to procure a jockstrap made of steel (laugh)

Tabby, I'm scared!

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 18/03/2014 17:35:30
It's like doing Darth Vader without James E. Jones!

Ah, easy. Just let someone casually drop a line how Dennis has a huge cold or something. A common cold can't bring Dennis down, damnit! But it sure will screw up his voice ;-D

Ghost, I'm not betraying players confidence with white lies, I'll release the game with what I have and dream of reinventing OSD! And establish the right CANON!
Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Tue 18/03/2014 20:53:52
Quote from: miguel on Tue 18/03/2014 12:04:02Dennis talks for the first time EVER!

How the hell can you even make such an outlandish claim when back in 2011 I, monkey_05_06, single-handedly made the first ever and best Oceanspirit Dennis game ever created forever with no help from anyone for any purpose which included the only true voice actor who can ever aspire to represent Oceanspirit Dennis with any degree of artistic integrity, icey games, whom I brainwashed into letting me use his voice which is how I can claim that I made the game by myself? I am appalled at your entirely grievous ignorance of my best ever contribution to the entire AGS community, and the world. (wrong) >:( :~(

Monkey, now I'm double ashamed! But at least my Dennis shouts FIGHTS before a fight! :=

Ghost

Quote from: miguel on Tue 18/03/2014 23:23:04
But at least my Dennis shouts FIGHTS before a fight! :=

Perfect! That makes it CANON! (nod)

Ponch

Holy cow! I go away for a few days and come back to find the Omnibus thread all abuzz with activity! :cheesy:

Big GC

I havnt been here for years, but I am so glad that OSD is still a star!!! :grin::-D
Making a game - this should be easy......?

miguel

TEH GAMINS IS A READY!!!!

So, to all OSD fans, here's my small contribution into this epic tail of courage, manhood and lyric finesse.
It's only a Demo but I think it allows you, the players, to see where I want to take the OSD franchise and what kind of game it will be.
I've given Dennis a job and set this adventure to 2010 just to give it a round number.
But, better than me talking about it why don't you play it?

DOWNLOAD OSD - LGS

Please do discuss the game and all of its particularities here! I want to hear it what are your sincere opinions!

qptain Nemo

Haha miguel! Your game got style! And it's hilarious and adorable. And I love Dennis' main sprite. ;-D I'd say we're looking at one of the finest installments of the series in the making. I'll be looking forward to this. :)

miguel

Thanks qptain! You're very kind.
I'm looking forward to listen to what you all have to say about the game and it's direction.

Retro Wolf

I've made some RON games, participated in MAGS twice; I need to make an OSD game to become a true AGSer!

[imgzoom]http://s20.postimg.org/3qvmctqq1/osd.png[/imgzoom]

Just a little doodle, I've got some ideas though:

- I've asked Icey to dig up his old DLC module.
- Full voice acting by an Amiga 500?!
- Canon Cannon?

I'm going to prepare for my first OSD game by not playing any OSD games, this will ensure full continuity.

Retro Wolf

Ponch

UPDATED! :cheesy:

Added Miguel's "OSD - LGS" and Radiant's "Oceanspirit Danish" to the front page. Hopefully, I'll be able to add Retro Wolf's game to this omnibus soon! :cool:

Retro Wolf

That project shown in the last two posts of mine only got as far as drawing a few sprites.
Ponch PMed me demanding I squirt Oceanspirit juice into his eyes, I was at a crossroads with my new Android game so I figured I might join this months MAGs. I started again, new artwork (as it was MAGs) and a new concept; an interactive story.

I had some time off work so I had plenty of time to work on the project, we went to Devon for a week, and I was planning on doing some hardcore development in the night.
My wife forbade me to bring the laptop... turns out she wanted some quality time... pah!

So it wouldn't be a MAGs game, but I liked the idea. I was unsure how to go about what I wanted to do so I started to plan it out using TWINE.
I was having such fun doing it I realised that I'd actually made half of the game playable, albeit in text form (I've since added images for visual gags). My question is does an OSD game need to be made in AGS? Twine just creates a html file so it could easily be placed on the Ozone Spitting Denizen website.

Ponch

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Mon 22/09/2014 10:14:50
My question is does an OSD game need to be made in AGS?
I made an OSD game using Game Maker (Gasp! Blasphemy!) so the precedent is there for other such heresy. :=

Retro Wolf

http://gamejolt.com/games/other/the-long-ass-walk/34881/

If you get an error message at the start, ignore it just click OK. It's a bug with Twine itself.

The Long Ass Walk is a short interactive story about a young lad named Dennis Average McOrdinary, and his quest to bring back the Oceanspirit to save the world of Questeros!

Ponch

Why am I only now learning of the existence of Flappy Dennis?? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Retro Wolf

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk