The Oceanspirit Omnibus

Started by Ponch, Tue 12/07/2011 03:55:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

THE OFFICIAL OCEANSPIRIT OMNIBUS

Okay, I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Oceanspiritverse is getting large enough that even if we don't get our own forum, we should at least get our own thread. There are enough OSD games at this point that, for a newcomer just stumbling upon this open source slice of gaming goodness, simply finding all the OSD games that are out there might be a little daunting. Well, fear not OSD noobs, with this one ring thread, I shall collect all the Oceanspirit games together and provide links to the games and the threads where they first appeared.

To my knowledge, there are thirteen nineteen twenty-one twenty-six OSD games at this point -- not counting the "Iceyverse" (a strange pocket dimension that exists in both the OSDverse and the PMQverse, where the laws of physics, grammar, and game design do not function as we understand them here on Earth).

To date, these are the official OSD games that are available:

01 Scourge of the Underworld by Ben304 (May 15, 2010)
Game
Source
Thread

02 Scourge of the Underworld DX! The Definitive Edition! by DDQ (May 19, 2010)
Game
Source
Thread

03 Mighty Pirate by Ben304 (May 20, 2010)
Game
Source
Thread

04 OSD: The RPG by Discordance (May 21, 2010)
Game
Source
Thread

05 Pirates on the Poopdeck! by Ponch (May 25, 2010)
Game
Source
Thread

06 Blades of Passion by DDQ (August 30, 2010)
Game
Source
Thread

07 The Naked and The Ninja by Ponch (October 28, 2010)
Game
Source
Thread

08 Ray of Hope by Tzachs (November 8, 2010)
Game
Source
Thread

09 Oceanspirit Dennis Gets Textual by DDQ (December 31, 2010) (Updated to v1.2 on May 13, 2011)
Game (Version 1.2)
Source
Thread

10 The Wet Spot by Ponch (March 1, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

11 RON vs OSD by Ponch (March 24, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

12 Revenge of the Hansel by Ponch (July 4, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

13 OSD The Full Name Of This Game Won't Fit In The Subject Line!!1 by monkey_05_06 (July 10, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

14 Oceanspirit Dennis: Archipelago Adventures 1 by Ponch (September 25, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

15 Oceanspirit Dennis - ââ€"¯ââ€"¯ââ€"¯ââ€"¯ââ€"¯ââ€"¯ââ€"¯ââ€"¯ââ€"¯ by Ben304 (October 14, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

16 Oceanspirit Dennis - Sorta 99% Famous by Icey (November 8, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

17 Oceanspirit Dennis - Heroics In The Nick Of Time by Ghost (November 17, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

18 Dennis Dennis Revolution by Radiant (November 30, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

19 OSD: The Mouse Who Overslept by Ponch (November 30, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

20 OSD Losers His Vaginity by Ben304 (November 30, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

21 LAST BOSS - OSD by Mr. Mog (November 30, 2011)
Game
(No Source Code Available At This Time)
Thread

22 OSD :: Mighty Viking by Big GC (February 11, 2012)
Game
Source
Thread

23 The Shindig of Dennis by Ghost (May 14, 2012) [Part of the Oceanhumble Dennisbundle)
Game
Source
Thread

24 Life Partner Ray in "A Taste of Man Cake" by Ponch (May 14, 2012) [Part of the Oceanhumble Dennisbundle)
Game
Source
Thread

25 LOL, Ocanspirit Dennis by Ben304 (May 14, 2012) [Part of the Oceanhumble Dennisbundle)
Game
Source
Thread

26 Puzzle of the Pulchritudinous Pumice by Ponch (June 17, 2012)
Game
Source
Thread

27 From Hell's Hart, I Is Stabbings! by Ponch (December 7, 2012)
Game
Source
Thread

28 The Search For Oceanspirit Dennis by OneDollar (May 19, 2013)
Game
Source
Thread
BONUS: Resource Pack

29 Sweet Revenge by Ponch (May 19, 2013)
Game
Source
Thread

30 OSD Moby GearWhale DX by Kconan (May 20, 2013)
Game
Source
Thread

31 Holiday Havoc by Grundislav (May 24, 2013)
Game
Source
Thread

32 Oceanspirit Dennis Wins By Canon by Ghost (January 6, 2014)
Game
(No source available at this time)
Thread

33 OSD - LGS (Demo) by Miguel (March 23, 2014)
Game
Thread

34 Oceanspirit Danish by Radiant (May 4, 2014)
Game
Thread

As the quasi-inspiration for all things Dennis, Icey has crafted his own OSD tales that take place in a pocket dimension outside of official (?) continuity (if there can be such a thing in the Oceanspiritverse).

These slices of gaming delight are:

Icey 1 Oceanspirit Dennis: The Lost World: Episode 1 by Icey (November 12, 2010)
Game

Icey 2 Oceanspirit Dennis 2 by Icey (December 31, 2010)
Game

Icey 3 Oceanspirit Dennis 3D by Icey (April 28, 2011)
Game

Icey 4 Oceanspirit Dennis: Rise of the Spirit (Demo) by Icey (August 27, 2011)
Game

Icey 5 Oceanspirit Dennis: Scourge of the Underworld HD by Icey (October 22, 2011)
Game

Icey 6 OSD vs Cloud Strife by Icey (May 14, 2012) [DLC for the Oceanhumble Dennisbundle)
Game
Source

Further complicating things, I created a pair of games under the "Outrage Dreamer Roads" label for the 7th OROW competition (and the MAGS of that same month) that take place in the Oceanspirit Denniverse without any of the OSD characters appearing in them. These games focus on Chafemountains Lynn, who is (possibly) the girlfriend of Oceanspirit Kurt, as I was looking to tell an OSDverse story that didn't focus on gay ninja-pirates for a change.  These are her stories:

ODR 3-2 Hell Menagerie of Gypsy Circus (Revolver Contralto) by Ponch (May 15, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

ODR 4-3 Lust Web of Spider Women Forest (Motherhood Melodramma) by Ponch (August 31, 2011)
Game
Source
Thread

And that brings us up to date. There are still a few snippets of OSD floating around, and a few more projects waiting in the wings to be released (many of them can be found in this thread).

There was also a very nice OSD themed Sprite Jam HERE.

And a thread where the so-called back story of OSD was discussed HERE.

There's also the matter of the Iceyverse, but that's a cat I'll have to herd another day.

I hope this thread has been of some use to the AGS community and future members of Square Peniks. If any of the above links ever stop working, all game files and source code are mirrored at my half-assed OSD website.

Remember: anyone can join and there is no such thing as serious continuity in the Oceanspiritverse. If you want to make a game and you're not sure how it would fit into the existing storyline, don't worry about it! Nothing you can do will violate the canon of the OSD game series.

If anyone has anything to add to this thread, feel free to do so. I plan to update it from time to time to keep the world of AGS up to date with the world of OSD, and vice versa. (I assure you, it's all very meta).

I leave you with the elusive white whale of the OSDverse, ProgZmax's never to be OSD game

Sniffle... It's so... beautiful... Like a unicorn...

monkey0506

I demand that you put the proper name of my OSD game in your post. Seeing as it is canonically the first OSD game ever made and canonically I created the series according to the canonical information contained within the canonical games. Also the officially correct canonical spelling of my name is "monkey_05_06" not "Monkey_05_06".

Also, icey's games have no place in this thread since they are not open-sourced. My game is open-sourced, I just am not going to release the link until more people figure out how to play the game properly. Most people aren't even winning the game.

Edit: Also also, I demand that you order the games according to their canonical order, not just release order. Meaning you will have to either order the list canonically and make mention of their release date and release order, or you will have to duplicate the entire list. For the record, seeing as my game directly includes Oceanspirit's birth, there cannot canonically be a prior game unless it is about Batman and Cloud's love affair. := Basically what I'm getting at is that all your Oceanspirit Dennis are belong to me. ;D

Also also also, the official canonical term is "Oceanspirit Denniverse". Canonically.

Ponch

Mr. Monkey,

1) There's no way I'm typing all that. Not gonna happen. I will however correct the spelling of your name.

2) I won the game. Both regular ending and secret ending. What more can you ask for?

3) There is no canonical order to the OSDverse as there is no canon. Besides, watching the story unfold organically, as it was made up as we went, is half the fun!

4) Oceanspirit Dennisverse? Sounds like someone's about to split off into his own pocket dimension. ;)

monkey0506

1) I'll address your last point first. It's not "Oceanspirit Dennisverse". It's "Oceanspirit Denniverse". GET IT RIGHT!!

2) I expect you to report back to me when you've discovered the other video.

3) Copy and paste the title. What the hell. It's written there in the thread. Just copy, and paste. Stop being lazy. :=

4) Watching the Oceanspirit Denniverse unfold as it was organically created is fun, but so is watching it unfold as I canonically created it. ^_^

Hahaha, I am such a troll. But seriously, I do want the real title of my game to be used. It's like if I just called you P instead of calling you Ponch coz I'm too lazy to type Ponch. Or maybe I'm too lazy to type P, so I just type F which is like half of a P.

Icey

I would like to make my see my games up there because in away they are apart of the OSD canon and at the same time they are. My Dennis is basically Dennis just seen in the Oceanspirit form. And I didn't make open source for my games because...well...all those problems. You can't learn from a problem  :=.

Also do have to make a source for the game to be added to the list?

m0ds

Ahh, the Omnispirit Oceanbus. Good job.

It's been a long, tiresome goddamn year.  ::)

Ponch

m_5_6: I'll meet you halfway on title. (Although to be fair, the game does unpack to a directory labeled "OSD: OCD"). Also, I've seen both the videos. I cheated my way to victory after a quick trip to the googles! :P

Icey: Your games will get listed eventually. I have to dig through the forums and find them all before I can create entries for them.

Mods: Thank you. Putting this thread together was quite a bit of work and I'm eternally grateful for all the support you've shown. You made it all seem worthwhile.  :-*

monkey0506

Quote from: icey games on Tue 12/07/2011 05:44:10I would like to make my see my games up there because in away they are apart of the OSD canon and at the same time they are.

So, on the one hand, your games are canon, but on the other hand, they are canon. :=

Quote from: icey games on Tue 12/07/2011 05:44:10My Dennis is basically Dennis just seen in the Oceanspirit form.

Ahahahahahahhaa!!!!! 8) ;D :D ;D :D 8) ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D

@Ponch: FRIGGIN CRAP MAN, FRIGGIN CRAP. THERE IS ANOTHER VIDEO YOU HAVE NOT SEEN YET. BELIEVE ME. I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Ponch

Quote from: monkE3y_05_06 on Tue 12/07/2011 06:12:19
@Ponch: FRIGGIN CRAP MAN, FRIGGIN CRAP. THERE IS ANOTHER VIDEO YOU HAVE NOT SEEN YET. BELIEVE ME. I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Sweet baby jeebus, man! Are you living some kind of Tron existence inside this thread? You're replying faster than I can log off!  :=

Do you have a little light cycle in there? Are there hot DigiBabes? Is everything a shade of AGS forum blue? I'm intrigued by this development...

Wyz

Jeez Ponch this is AWESOME!!1
Now I can finally get my OSD trivia all sorted. ;D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

TomatoesInTheHead

I remember a related thread: Oceanspirit Dennis complete universe
The infos here and there could/should somehow be merged, partially.

Ponch

Quote from: Wyz on Tue 12/07/2011 16:17:09
Jeez Ponch this is AWESOME!!1
Now I can finally make my own OSD game ;D  ;D  ;D

Fixed that for you. And I was happy to help.  ;)

And Tomatos, I'd forgotten all about that thread. I'll link it into this one. Thanks!

tzachs

Wow, I'm three OSD games behind and I haven't even realised it!  :o

Ponch

Quote from: tzachs on Tue 12/07/2011 23:05:16
Wow, I'm three OSD games behind and I haven't even realised it!  :o

That's why I made this thread!  :D

Icey

Story

0) monkE3y_05_06 shows how Dennis is the greatest warrior ever in OSD:OCD. This is said to be the game that starts it all off.

1) Ben304 gets very drunk and makes Scourge of the Underworld. This is the beginning of something awesome and terrible in the AGS community. No one can go back to their normal, everyday lives after this moment.

2) DDQ, not to be outdone, breaks out his crayons and doodles over Ben's game, making the DX version. It is at this point that Life Partner Ray is introduced and announces that he's off to play Snakes of Avalon.

3) Ben returns with Mighty Pirate, in which Dennis tries to get Ray's attention by starring in an adventure game of his own, in the apparent hopes that Ray will play the game the player is playing and remember how important Dennis is to him (which is an idea so meta that it makes my head hurt. -- Further proof that Ben was drinking heavily again).

3 1/2) Ray goes off to play Snakes of Avalon while Dennis goes off to do something else. Ray is attacked by the blobs and is later seduced by Square Penis. Ray is now evil.

4) Dennis returns from his ocean adventures to find that Knottybeard the Pirate has taken over Dennis' island in Pirates on the Poopdeck. Ray is mentioned in this game but not seen. (He may have been away working for Square Penis).

5) Dennis takes a trip to the mainland and agrees to undertake a mission for the mayor by defusing a bologna bombwich as seen in Blades of Passion.

6) Shortly after, as seen in The Naked & The Ninja, the Mayor travels to Dennis' island to ask Ray (who is either no longer evil or really, really good at hiding it) to rescue Dennis, who is being held by ninjas in the employ of Hansel*.

7) At some point after that, Dennis and Ray break up and Dennis gets a new Japanese boyfriend. Together they explore a dungeon and defeat the Internet in OSD Gets Textual.

8 ) Millions, possibly billions, of years later, Dennis is rescued by Heavenwhiskers Fred from his magical slumber to begin his RPG adventure. The world has been destroyed and the weak are preyed upon by small dogs and giant demons.

Made by Ponch and edited by Studio3

Wonkyth

Wow, that is probably the besst post I've ever seen you post, Icey!
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

monkey0506

Icey

I'm hip, I know it wasn't made by me. I just wasn't finish adding stuff to it. Last time I check ponch never added a 0  :o.

TheRoger

OSD game from #3rd game is sooo catchy... Are there any tabs for it?

Grundislav

I have to confess, the latest OSD game inspired me, so there will be another game to add to this list in the near future!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk