AGS engine PSP port

Started by JJS, Fri 15/07/2011 16:27:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

It is only two days, which is too early for bumping with a double post.

Don't do that again.

Jinx1337

Quote from: JJS on Sun 08/01/2012 18:40:55The videos look pretty much like what I get on my PSPs. Probably the slight delay is simply from setting up and playing the sound. So it might be unavoidable.

Aw, shucks.

I've noticed how sound intesive ScummVM games "stream" the audio without any hiccup, rather than pre-load it; maybe that would help?

Yeah, I don't know crap about coding. Don't mean to sound like a 'know-it-all-smart-ass' or anything ;)
Just thinking out loud.

lestat666

I think the reason SCUMM on the psp can stream the audio so effectively is that it is not being taxed by using midi music.

It uses adlib still, unlike the pc version.

AGS uses midi.... so that with the sound effects maybe just taxes the system too much.

That is my best guess....

The hiccuping is really apparent during the gun fights in Gemini Rue.  Again, I think this is due to midi being used.  I just puts too much of a strain on the system.

JJS, did you happen to see the ghosting effect I was talking about with the text in Maniac Mansion Deluxe?

Sane Co.

For some reason the port doesn't recognize the blackwell legacy I put it in the folder and it doesn't notice it. It says I have no games.

lestat666

Have you gotten other games working on the port?

I am guessing you have, or you wouldn't have posted to the forum.

You have to install the game on a pc and then copy over the install directory, not just the setup exe.

If this was already done, I am at a loss on this one without testing it myself.

Could be that the port doesn't have a plug in it needs to run the game.

Sane Co.

I just started playing around with it again, I have got games working on it right now even. but it is quite weird I have re-downloaded  then tried a different version. It doesn't notice: heed, airwave, hubris or the blackwell legacy. And I know I've played heed and airwave on there. A game it does notice is ^_^. It's really quite weird.

JJS

Quote from: Sane Co. on Mon 06/02/2012 18:51:46It's really quite weird.
Indeed because the games you list work for me in the latest version from http://jjs.at/daily (but they should also in R7). Are you sure they are correctly placed on the memory stick? The game files have to be in a direct subfolder of the engine (e.g. in ms0:/PSP/Game/AGS/My game/).
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Icey

jjs would it be possible for the AGS sockets plug-in to work on the PSP? It's the online plug-in btw.

lestat666

Hey there JJS.

I love that you have made the dailies available.  It kind of makes us all beta testers now and probably makes your job easier in finding bugs.

Anyway, the ghosting effect I mentioned before in Maniac Mansion deluxe is all fixed now.  That is great.

Although, I found one other bug with the game.  Music does not work with it.  Digital sound is fine.  I noticed it when starting the game right after I pick my characters.  A song is supposed to start playing when it says "20 years ago" and the meteor crashes.  The song never starts but the sound effects are all here.  I checked it on my pc to confirm the song is supposed to be there.  Hope this can be fixed... maybe I am just configuring something wrong.

Also, I can't see to get the keyboard working in this game.  It comes up when I hit select, but I can't get the keys to work... especially F4 which is how you save.
Is this just a matter of configuring the psp.cfg for different key mapping??

thanks.

JJS

lestat666

Yea thanks.

I realized after making the post that I deleted the patches.dat files when I updated AGS.

At first I was thrown off because Gemini Rues music was working.... then realized maybe it doesn't use midi.  After remembering the music was working before and then putting the old AGS and it still not working, I remembered about the files.

There are no problems with the  buttons either.

I thought F4 was for saving, but it is F5.   I just need to map the buttons to my liking.
Thanks.

Sorry about having you look into this... man i feel like an idiot now.

lestat666

I know this is a double post, but it has been quite a while since this thread has been active.
And this is kind of a new issue.

Anyway,  JJS, I just wanted to let you know that R8 is working great, but the dailies you have been posting have old versions of the plugins.  Specifically, the ones I noticed, were Snowrain and Flashlight.  On some of your latest dailies releases, when I try to run Gemini Rue and Maniac Mansion Deluxe, I get that error saying the plugins are old and incompatible.

Just thought I would let you know for future daily releases.
Thanks.

JJS

Thanks for the report! The issue with the plugins should be fixed now. Also new daily builds are available.

lestat666

Hey there again JJS.

Found another glitch with AGS R8 when running Maniac Mansion Deluxe.

I tested it first on my pc too before posting here.  I played to the same spot on my pc and it did not crash.  The spot this happens is when Weird Ed answers the door when his package arrives.

On the PSP, however, when I reach the same spot, I get this error. 

An error has occured.  Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.21.1115)

in "(unknown section)", line 702
from ""(unknown section)", line 762
from ""(unknown section)", line 2801
from ""(unknown section)", line 2985

Error: NewRoom: room change requested to invalid to invalid room number -1

Now normally I would have assumed it was a game error due to the nature of the error, which is why I tested it on my pc where it worked perfectly fine.

Can this be fixed?
Thanks a lot.

JJS

Does this still happen with the latest daily build? It is the same error described here: http://jjs.at/tracker/view.php?id=58 and I thought I had it fixed.

lestat666

Cool, I will try it with the new daily build.

Since I last left a post, I had used R8 due to the issues I had posted with the daily builds.
I usually only update AGS after finishing a game, so I never got the latest daily build yet.

I will try that and let you know.

Thanks for the quick response.

lestat666

The new daily works.

Thanks!

EchosofNezhyt

Hey if we ever get a vita CFW I do want on vita.

On a more serious note if someone got it running on android not only would it spark point and click games in to popularity anymore it would be a easy money maker for sure.

I have keyboard skins on the market and I was make 700 a month with out doing a single thing untill they banned better keyboard now it drop to 15 but hell I still get a free dinner every month haha.

JJS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk