[Released] Anastronaut

Started by AnasAbdin, Sun 17/07/2011 11:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Hello all, I'm new to AGS but I'm a java developer anyway... working on a game right now and would like to share ideas and thoughts :) you can find a glimps here:

Youtube Trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGl0QGPFMvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VoKBAD99UM&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCm3Q7caypY&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_cwB1SnZ_o

Work Progress:

Graphics: 100% ( rooms, sprites, 2D cut scene animations... )
Scripting: 99% ( including 3 mini games, currently running a spell check... )
Music: 100% (all midi except for one song included in a 2D cut scene)
Sounds: 100%
Speech: 100%

Plot: Anas, a space scientist and researcher, got curious with a small asteroid that has a gravity level of a large planet. While he was investigating, his ship got stolen and he was stuck in a weird abandoned space lab...

Darth Mandarb

Greetings AnasAbdin and welcome to the forums!

Please mosey on over and have a read of the FORUM RULES and update you post as needed or I will have to be 'evil Sith moderator' and kill ... er ... lock this thread!!  If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM!

Thanks and good luck with your game!

Cyrus

Any plot details available? Will the game include an 8 bit cat in a cherry pop tart leaving a rainbow tail?  ;)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Cyrus on Mon 18/07/2011 07:39:13
Any plot details available? Will the game include an 8 bit cat in a cherry pop tart leaving a rainbow tail?  ;)

LMAO! no way! but wait! you never know  :o I am working on the introduction, I'm taking my time cos I really want it to be perfect. All I can say now about the plot is it is going to be funny, unexpected and spontaneous :P

Darth Mandarb

I was going to edit your first post to include a few of the screenshots from your link but it's been removed.  When you have the second screenshot available send me a PM and I'll re-open the thread!

Thanks!

Tabata

...Will the game include an 8 bit cat in a cherry pop tart leaving a rainbow tail?  ;)

Do you mean THIS ;)

Looking forward to this game  :D

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 21/07/2011 18:36:11
...Will the game include an 8 bit cat in a cherry pop tart leaving a rainbow tail?  ;)

Do you mean THIS ;)

LMAO! I think he did! But you never know.. I am a musician too and may add a crazy thing ;)

AnasAbdin

Hi all, I posted a trailer on youtube, please let me know what you think  ::)

arj0n

Is the game title 'Anas Quest' or 'Anastronaut'  ???

Tabata

@ Arj0n:
I define it as his (Anas) Quest to create the game Anastronaut.  ::)

@ Anas:
The video was interesting, but the „thousands“ of cursor-changings irritated me a bit.
Can you tell a bit more about this special cursor?

arj0n

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 31/07/2011 11:06:38
@ Arj0n:
I define it as his (Anas) Quest to create the game Anastronaut.  ::)
Then it would be 'Anas' Quest'  ;)

AnasAbdin

lol thanx guys for the feedback..
I am still confused about the name.. it is originally called Anastronaut... I only did anas' quest in the video without thinking about it...

anyway, the cursors are similar to sierra's... walk/eye/hand/talk/inventory...
selecting between them is either by right-clicking or from the drop down menu at top...
I think the application I'm using for video capture (Freez) added an hour-glass to the cursors!
I kinda forgot about myself and life in the last few days sinking in AGS... so please bear with me   :-[
oh.. I wanted to know something: I know it's early since I completed less than 25% of my game so far, but how do I execute the game without AGS? I didn't look in it yet... ok I looked it up hehe

Thanks

AnasAbdin

hello, this is a hunter from the game  ;)

Bogdan

Good luck with the game, I'm 100% sure that I'll play Anastronaut when it comes out. :)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Bogdan on Sun 14/08/2011 17:58:11He looks really cool. And the game graphics are really cool! Good luck with the game, I'm 100% sure that I'll play Anastronaut when it comes out. :)

Thanx :) and Anastronaut would be honored to be played by you ^^

AnasAbdin

^ more screen shots, enjoy :D

Dualnames

Looks incredibly fantastic!! I really love all the screenshots!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Nothing can beat a blonde George Lucas in space.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 23/08/2011 20:33:41
Looks incredibly fantastic!! I really love all the screenshots!

Thanx! I hope you like the game play as well when released!

Quote from: Ascovel on Tue 23/08/2011 21:06:41
Nothing can beat a blonde George Lucas in space.

*Ahem! thanx!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk