[MAGS] Chance Of The Dead

Started by , Tue 26/07/2011 10:22:45

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

\m/ ^_^ \m/ for Ghost.

and horray for WHAM cheerful let's play!

Tabata

@ WHAM: You did a real good job!
I had a lot of fun watching your video (also to hear your Janet-voice was very funny  ;D) and it seems to me, that you fell in love about her giggeling, like me.
I couldn't get the last seconds of the video to be working, because at 52:49 it seems to load again (for ever) and I had no (second) chance to hear/watch the rest.

So here we have a very well done and entertaining video about playing an awesome little game that comes up with the cutest zombie ever!

WHAM

@ Tabata: Youtube takes its sweet time in compiling the video on it's end and I posted the link right after the upload was done on my end, so the last seconds probably just hadn't finished compiling on the server. The rest should be viewable now, though you mostly just missed me grumbling about not having any cake.  ;D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Dualnames

A great game indeed, Ghost. It was fun beta-testing it. Also nice let's play. I rated the game as well. Way to go, Ghost. ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

Weeell, Janet was as happy as a resurrected corpse when she read that we won. Now we can spruce things up even further- stay tuned for that GUI fix and, well... translations?

And WHAM- that was one super playthrough. I felt so proud... and now have the urge to reinstall Discworld. You a sound a BIT like Mr. Idle!

TomatoesInTheHead

Nice game, a well deserved MAGS winner even if there was competition! ;D

Haven't watched WHAM's video yet, but will do now.

Swordofkings128

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to say this is a neat little game! Great work, Ghost. I really love the graphics; they're quite stylish. 8)

selmiak

I'm even later, but I enjoyed the game. Coooool stuff, now I want some braaaaaaaaaaains....

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 30/07/2011 10:45:18
Here's my playthrough

"You forgot to place a BASELINE for that thing right there! Tat. Tat. Tat."  :-D

Also, the good thing with your playthrough is that all that to be done now is to chop the soundtrack of your video, and then add all the dialogs to the game. Is it such a silly idea?

WHAM

If Ghost ever wants to release a voiced version, I would be more than happy to do the voices for the ghost with the glasses aka. Ted.  Maybe the truck driver too, but definitely NOT Janet. Oh no, no, no, no, no!  ;D
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Tabata

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 10/08/2011 13:03:20
If Ghost ever wants to release a voiced version, I would be more than happy to do the voices for the ghost with the glasses aka. Ted.  Maybe the truck driver too, but definitely NOT Janet. Oh no, no, no, no, no!  ;D

Sorry, but that's a very     !!!

Since you already proved, that Janet ist done best by you, I reserved the part of Ted for me   ;)

bunny-gypsy

Just recently played this game.

Loved it!  :) I got frustrated in the beginning and at one point
regarding the pipe thing, but once I got it, it went pretty smoothly.

Such a sweet story.  :)
Currently brainstorming story with puzzle-ideas. X_x;;

TheRoger

Heh. It seems that glove was sneaky for many of us.  ;D In overall I liked this game, it is well made, "bugless"and fun game. 

Ghost

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 10/08/2011 13:03:20
I would be more than happy to do the voices for the ghost with the glasses aka. Ted.  Maybe the truck driver too, but definitely NOT Janet. Oh no, no, no, no, no!  ;D

Is that an offer? I'd love to have a talkie version, but I have no sound equipment at all... if we can round up two ladies and another guy I'd happily give it a shot, though!

Regarding text; bicilotti has already offered to provide an Italian translation; a french forumite will do the same for... French, and yours truly is currently making German Schniepelwitze... it's fun polishing up a solid base!

Regarding the baseline bug, I am really puzzled about it. In my version it doesn't show up- I am currently cleaning up the code and everything, and I think it has something to do with the exact order of actions... Mr. Coffee is the most tangled bit of script I ever wrote!

I am very happy to see the overall positive responses, it really means a LOT to me!

m0ds

@WHAM a fun video, enjoyed watching it. Grabbing a pen and paper made me chuckle - that's what I did, only to react the same way as you later on! I noticed the MIDI was having some difficulties that occur under Vista, is that what you were using? Nice job tho!

Spoiler

I did however skip through the part where you obviously needed the item to fit the pipe...Dang did that take you a long time to find :P
[close]

And just to add the music is now available here: http://www.screen7.co.uk/music/midi/soundtracks.htm

HerDestruction

I just played through Chance of the Dead and loved it! Thanks for the awesome game!  ;D

Calin Leafshade

I'd happily lend my vocal talents. I can do more varied voices than just a prissy brit.

Ghost

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 26/08/2011 11:48:19
I'd happily lend my vocal talents. I can do more varied voices than just a prissy brit.

WHAM, Calin, thanks a LOT for the offer! I'm currently PM'ing around for a female lead voice, but to be honest, the game *is* pretty wordy. If we get the crew together, I'll PM you for sure!

HerDestruction: Thanks a lot!

Dr.Starky

I adored the game, but I thought the pixel hunting was pretty cheesy.

I understand you didn't have very many options working with such a small area, but I still don't find pixel hunting any fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk