*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

LUniqueDan

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Eggie

Googly McGoogleson wins the round. That was my attempt at being mainstream, is it possible I have... TOO much street cred?

Igor Hardy

We're not all from INGARLARND here, Eggie. I think "mainstream" must mean some different movies in your country.

Anyway, sorry that I McGoogled the whole thread, but it didn't seem like anyone was going to guess it.

Something sweet/creepy to soften the blow:

poc301

Igor Hardy

Yes, it is.

It was actually a bit of a tricky photo to put here, since it's not directly from the film, but from the trailer. So the scene you see is shown through the giant letter 'N' floating in darkness.

poc301

I recognized the chick from seeing the movie ages ago :)

My submission...

A movie I liked a lot when it came out (I was in high school), but the soundtrack to it got worn out to the point I had to buy a 2nd copy of the CD (this was before music downloads lol):

It has a fairly popular cast, including an oscar winner.

-Bill

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

That is Jeremy Piven.  In the dark.  Aside from that I've got nothing.  From your age I'd guess Grosse Point Blank but that is such a wild guess as to not qualify for a win even if I am correct*.

*See what I did there?

poc301

Yup.  It is Jeremy Piven.  But this movie came out WELL before he got famous.  It is actually older than Grosse Point Blank.  

The people in this movie, I can honestly say with the exception of the oscar winner, would now all be billed AFTER Piven in the credits.  As it is, he was a relative unknown when this movie came out.

-Bill

Ryan Timothy B

Ooo I think I found out what movie it was. Not going to say what I believe it is as I don't have anything to post. If it is that movie, I loved it when I was a kid too.

I definitely don't remember the music though.

poc301

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 29/10/2011 20:15:52
Ooo I think I found out what movie it was. Not going to say what I believe it is as I don't have anything to post. If it is that movie, I loved it when I was a kid too.

I definitely don't remember the music though.

PM me with it if you'd like, I can verify it (or crush your hopes and dreams).

But the music / soundtrack for the movie had like 15-16 platinum artists on it all with original songs.  Amazing, amazing, amazing soundtrack.

-Bill

poc301

Alrighty, well, here is one more screenie:

Googling this guy and the first one will probably give you the movie name, since I highly doubt they were ever in more than this one movie together lol :)

-Bill

Ryan Timothy B

Alright, with no one else guessing it after a fair amount of time with this second screenie and since I found a movie I want to post...
I'll toss in my guess (that I was already given confirmation in PM of being correct):  Judgment Night (1993).

Here's the next movie screenshot:

LUniqueDan

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 30/10/2011 13:55:51
I'll toss in my guess (that I was already given confirmation in PM of being correct):  Judgment Night (1993).

Good choice Poc301! I totally forgot about that movie. With the memorable scene of the car seller trying to buy his life...
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Igor Hardy

Is it X-men? (and something bad is going to happen to the guy in the photo?)

Ryan Timothy B

Yep. I'll give it to you. It's X-Men: First Class
And no, nothing bad happens to him, his mind is just frozen for a moment.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 30/10/2011 14:42:19
Yep. I'll give it to you. It's X-Men: First Class
And no, nothing bad happens to him, his mind is just frozen for a moment.

Yes, that's the scene I was thinking of. Ironically, I was 99% sure it can't be from such a recent film - I just wrote about the first film that came into my mind based on that image.

Now, for something Halloween themed...

Eggie

Is it...

Could it be....

The 1980s Tv version of Worst Witch?

I haven't seen the film but that's one of my favourite things on youtube

Igor Hardy

Yes it is! :)

Damn, I should have picked a more obscure scene but Curry in that "cape" was just too tempting.

The whole film is worth watching though. The producers should've sued Harry Potter when they still had the chance.  

And now... has anyone seen my toumburine? :=

Eggie

Keepin' it Halloweeny (and awesome):

Ali

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk