*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Correct! Totes one of my favourite comedy films, yo.

Ali

Not nearly obscure enough, but at least it's not the Nightmare Before Christmas:

LUniqueDan

The Empire Strike Back - Director's Cut.

- You nut.
- Come on guys, I swear I heard someone yelling 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' down the pipe.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

First off, I can't make out anything in that image beyond guessing.  I don't think the goal of this activity should be to post the hardest to read, most obscure screengrabs possible.

ddq

Meh, that's what it's been for the last 50 pages, why stop now? I say if you wanna flaunt your extraordinarily obscure and eclectic film tastes, be my guest, but now and then try and throw out something at least remotely possible for us unrefined plebs.

Ali

I must say, I'm delighted to have broken the game!

I really didn't think this was an obscure one. That's one of the most memorable shots/moments from the film, for me at least.

[clues] It's a film by one of the world's great directors, and the end of a long standing collaboration with a well-known actor of the era. [/clues]

Here's what I hope is a much easier frame:

Igor Hardy

Now I get which director and actor you are talking about, but I clearly never seen this film, or even know the title.

Ilyich

If it's the end of their collaboration, then it's probably "Red Beard", but I have to admit that I haven't seen it. Kurosawa has too many great films :)

Ali

Red beard it is! The first screenshot is women screaming down a well to recover the soul of someone who is dying. It's an unforgettable scene, though admittedly incomprehensible if you haven't watched the film.

Red Beard is long but it's worth it. An incredibly powerful film, and a great performance by Toshira "I'm totally sick of Kurosawa" Mifune.

It's also significantly better than Graham Chapman's Yellowbeard. If you only watch one beard-colour-titled film this year, make it Red Beard.

Ilyich

Noted!

Ok, this one should be quite easy for all the sci-fi geeks out there :)

abstauber

Ilyich

Nope, but the robot from this film and the one from "Lost in Space" were designed by the same man. :)

abstauber

Ahh.. then it's the Forbidden Planet.

Here's the next one:

poc301

That looks so damn familiar, but for the life of me I can't place it.

Any hints?  That is gunna drive me nuts lol

-Bill

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Ali on Tue 01/11/2011 10:38:30
It's also significantly better than Graham Chapman's Yellowbeard. If you only watch one beard-colour-titled film this year, make it Red Beard.

How does it fare against Blackbeard and Gingerbeard Man then?

And there was some Italian pirate film called Barbarossa (Red Beard) as well.

Ponch

Ali

Quote from: Ascovel on Tue 01/11/2011 14:27:49
Quote from: Ali on Tue 01/11/2011 10:38:30

How does it fare against Blackbeard and Gingerbeard Man then?

An there was some Italian pirate film called Barbarossa (Red Beard) as well.

I haven't seen those films, but I imagine BETTER.

abstauber

@Ponch: Nope
@poc301 + all: 1st hint: the movie contains ghosts :)

LUniqueDan

Hey?! How can it can't be Iron Eagle?

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

abstauber

Because this didn't happen in Iron Eagle :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk