Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Nope. New pic coming soon.

Mandle

Mandle

Okay, this one should do it:

Ben X

That looked like Stephen King, so I was going to guess Maximum Overdrive, but the hitch-hiker shot tells me it's Creepshow 2.

Mandle

Quote from: Ben X on Sat 27/04/2019 08:13:54
That looked like Stephen King, so I was going to guess Maximum Overdrive, but the hitch-hiker shot tells me it's Creepshow 2.

Indeed!

I bought a bunch of very old DVDs in Australia at a market and am watching through them.

Creepshow 2 was one of them and, I thought, notable for the scene I showed first with Stephen King as the truck driver who stops at the scene of the hitchhiker's fatal hit-and-run.

A lady from another car asks him what happened and he replies: "Whaddaya think happened? Some guy got creamed. Happens all the time.".

I thought this pretty ironic as he had no idea when writing/performing these lines that this was exactly what would happen to him many years later.

(In fact many of his stories have people getting hit by vehicles: Maximum Overdrive, Christine, Pet Semetery, etc. Maybe he is psychic?!)

Anyway, next!

TheFrighter

Uh, nothing moves here?

So i step in!  (laugh)

This time is an italian movie! Not a blockbuster but it gained enough success in many foreign countries!

_

Kweepa

I have no idea what that is, but something about the screen grab really makes me want to watch it!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

milkanannan

Laura Hunt

Quote from: TheFrighter on Fri 17/05/2019 12:25:47

Uh, nothing moves here?

So i step in!  (laugh)

This time is an italian movie! Not a blockbuster but it gained enough success in many foreign countries!_

I have no idea what the movie is, but I'm 99.9999% sure that the screenshot is set in Venice  ;-D

Quote from: man n fist on Sat 18/05/2019 07:31:42
Amelie?

Amélie is French, not Italian.

milkanannan

Quote from: notarobotyet on Sat 18/05/2019 09:19:35

Sorry but that's fake news, notarobotyet. Look she's even doing the hand thing!

TheFrighter

No problem Ben X, i can drop it if you want!

Quote from: Kweepa on Fri 17/05/2019 17:05:23

I have no idea what that is, but something about the screen grab really makes me want to watch it!

Good thing when this games helps to discover a good vision!    8-)

And an overrated movie, in my opinion.

I have no idea what the movie is, but I'm 99.9999% sure that the screenshot is set in Venice  ;-D

Venice indeed!

Another shot:

_

TheFrighter

Jack

I don't watch a lot if Italian films, can't think of a single one I've seen.

But this guy looks a bit familiar and if I remember where I saw him I will look up the film.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: TheFrighter on Wed 22/05/2019 18:32:42

Time passes...

(laugh)

What's really confusing me is that this actor reminds me SO much of Bruno Ganz for some reason... But I guess it can't be the case if the film is Italian, so I'm totally stuck.

TheFrighter

Quote from: notarobotyet on Wed 22/05/2019 19:53:02

What's really confusing me is that this actor reminds me SO much of Bruno Ganz for some reason... But I guess it can't be the case if the film is Italian, so I'm totally stuck.

8-0 What the...?!?

So when you see Javier Bardem in No country for old men you think the movie is spanish?  (laugh)

Is really the beloved Bruno Ganz in a italian movie! Now you're near!

_

Laura Hunt

Quote from: TheFrighter on Thu 23/05/2019 18:25:15
Quote from: notarobotyet on Wed 22/05/2019 19:53:02

8-0 What the...?!?

So when you see Javier Bardem in No country for old men you think the movie is spanish?  (laugh)

Hahaha fair enough!

Quote from: TheFrighter

Is really the beloved Bruno Ganz in a italian movie! Now you're near!

Well, then google says it's "Bread and Tulips"  :-D You can disqualify me for googling or award me the victory for at least having figured out the city and the main actor!  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk