*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

I guess I've seen a lot of old western films, haha!
This one isn't really a western, though. It's set in Australia and it's a story about a family travelling looking for work. A pretty good film, in my opinion.

Mandle

Quote from: lorenzo on Fri 29/05/2020 22:07:02
This one isn't really a western, though. It's set in Australia and it's a story about a family travelling looking for work. A pretty good film, in my opinion.

Ah yes, those great Australian actors Robert Mitchum and Peter Ustinov...  (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

lorenzo

Hahaha! (laugh) I don't remember if they were Australian in the film, or just moved there looking for work. At least, Ustinov did play an Englishman in the movie. ;)

Quintaros

Mandle

One of the Omen movies?

Quintaros

Mandle

Damnit, I know I've seen this movie! I'm pretty sure it is set in England and that roller coaster is at a coastal amusement park. Brighton?

Hmmmmmm...

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy?

Quintaros

Not set in England, although it is set in New England.

It'll be a couple of days before I can post a new screenshot.

milkanannan

Mandle

Something Wicked This Way Comes? (But I don't think Dark's Carnival had a roller coaster nor was open during the daytime, and I think was set in a mid-west town so...)
Thinner?
Salem's Lot?

(New England, gotta be Stephen King!)

Quintaros

You haven't hit it yet but you're on the right track.

VampireWombat

By the information, I'm going to guess Riding the Bullet. Though I don't think that's right...

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 03/06/2020 13:43:15
By the information, I'm going to guess Riding the Bullet. Though I don't think that's right...

I'm guessing that's the one! Haven't seen the movie but I read the short story and "Riding The Bullet" refers to a roller coaster in the story.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 04/06/2020 12:19:27
I'm guessing that's the one! Haven't seen the movie but I read the short story and "Riding The Bullet" refers to a roller coaster in the story.
I only half watched it in October. But between memory and images I could find, the roller coaster looks very different.

Quintaros

Yeah, not "Riding the Bullet".

New screenshot:

Gilbert

Sorry but I couldn't resist  :=

Herbie: On its way to destruction

Mandle

I KNEW I'D SEEN IT!!!

The Dead Zone

Quintaros

Mandle

A very underrated Stephen King adaptation. One of the really good ones (along with the original Pet Sematary and Christine) that came out in an era when Stephen King movies were usually shlock (Graveyard Shift, Maximum Overdrive, Sleepwalkers etc.) and before his works were taken seriously enough to be turned into "serious" movies (Stand By Me, Shawshank, The Green Mile etc.).

Kind of ironic that the first Stephen King movie adaptation of Carrie and the second (I think) The Shining are both considered among some of the finest movies ever made. Then everything went to hell for a while.

(New pic coming soon)

milkanannan

Jeez good for you. Would have never got it from those shots. My friends and I used to laugh so hard at this scene:

To this day I've never seen or read Carrie. Anything involving adolescent cruelty is the one niche genre I find difficult to watch, but yeah I heard it is a good movie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk