*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura Hunt

Quote from: heltenjon on Tue 03/05/2022 08:29:27
OMAM! (*) How didn't I recognize this?

(*) Oh my Alanis Morrisette!

Hahaha :-D

Alright, here's mine. I have the weird feeling that I might have posted this movie already a long time ago, but there it goes anyway.

lorenzo

I saw this one not too long ago. I'm pretty sure it's Dr. Terror's House of Horrors.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: lorenzo on Wed 04/05/2022 12:00:14
I saw this one not too long ago. I'm pretty sure it's Dr. Terror's House of Horrors.

Correct!

It's pretty bad overall, to be honest, but the idea of "several people telling stories on a train bound to hell and a mysterious figure who could be the/a devil or Death himself" was the starting point for If On A Winter's Night, Four Travelers! (In case it wasn't obvious :-D)

Over to you!

lorenzo

Yes, there are some nice ideas in it but the result is quite weak. There are better horror anthology films.

Next:

Snarky

lorenzo

Yes! That was really quick!

Snarky

I haven't actually seen the movie, but Michael Caine in that suit is iconic.

Snarky

I was really thrilled to see the guy in the last picture pop up in this film, since he stars in a personal favorite show (a classic WWII drama).

(I should also perhaps say that this is a TV movie, though there was a remake for cinemas a few years back. I think the TV-movie version is better remembered, though.)

Snarky

I would have thought some of you would have seen this…

As another hint, I'll add that the remake starred someone known from the Harry Potter movies.

Sinitrena

The Woman in Black?
(Without having seen it,  based on your hints and the atmosphere of the pics.)

Snarky

Yup, well done!

This would have been my next clue:

Daniel Radcliffe starred in the 2012 remake as the unfortunate young lawyer; this is the TV movie from 1989. The guy in the first picture is Bernard Hepton as the local farming magnate who helps the hero; Hepton starred in Secret Army, a brilliant drama about the Belgian Resistance that has unfortunately been overshadowed by its parody, 'Allo 'Allo! (He's also, I've just learned, in Get Carter.)

Sinitrena

Alrighty, who knows this classic?

Frodo

I'm pretty sure that's Metropolis - I remember seeing it a few years ago, and loving it.   :smiley:

Sinitrena

Metropolis it is indeed.
Did you see the restored (as much as possible) original version or the cut one?

Frodo

Sorry, I don't know if I saw the original restored version, or the cut version.  It was on TV, so it was probably the cut version.
But I remember thinking the scene when Marie becomes a human very eerie.  All those electrical circles buzzing around her.  Eek!   :sealed:

This next film is an underrated gem. 

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/TqtOYWz.png[/imgzoom]

EDIT:  Bonus points if you can name the back of the head on the right.   :wink:

Mandle

My guess for the head is Kevin Kline, which makes me want to guess "Fierce Creatures" for the movie but not correct I'm sure.

milkanannan

No idea the movie, but is the head John Cusack?

Frodo

The head isn't Kevin Kline or John Cusack, and the film isn't Fierce Creatures.   :smiley:

milkanannan

Is the Q on the wall relevant? Is it that dragon horror movie from the 80s called 'Q'?

I'm assuming not, so I'll make another stab at the head (oof, that doesn't sound nice!) Possibly Chris Penn? Or...Elvis?! (laugh)

heltenjon

The head could possibly be a young John Travolta?

No idea about the movie, but is the woman on the floor in some sort of superhero outfit? Bionic Woman?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk