*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Sweet! I love that old movie.

Anyhoo, here's my next clue:

This movie is known by two names, and I'll accept either one.

Stupot

Men Who Stare at Each Other.

Ponch

Surprisingly, not even close, Stu. Try again.

LUniqueDan

This is so looking like Michael J. Fox. But it's not The secret of my succe$s, is it?
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

miguel

I thought about M.J.Fox but it could be Emilio Estevez... It's an 80's movie or early 90's though...
Hmmm...

The Man that Kept the Gun in his Hand?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Igor Hardy

Is it Do You Feel Lucky Punk?

Ponch

Nope. It's neither Michael J. Fox nor Emilio Estevez. But it is an 80s movie.

If no guesses it, I'll post another screenshot before bed tonight.

LUniqueDan

Wall Street? I don't recall any other CEO-related movies in the 80's.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.

Domino

RoboCop?

Ponch, you have stumped me!!   ???

Ryan Timothy B

I didn't a little searching and it looks to be a very terrible movie, Ponch. lol

ddq

Same here. Looks utter shit. And Ponch lies when he says it's 80's, it was very clearly released in Autumn of 1990! Way to lead them down the wrong path, Ponch.

Ponch

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Wed 14/12/2011 00:59:08
it looks to be a very terrible movie, Ponch. lol

Oh now, Timothy. Whatever the exact opposite of very terrible is, this movie is that!

NEW CLUE!

And ddq is right. It did come out in 1990. I could have sworn it came out a year or two before that, but that just shows what a lifetime of adventure gaming has done to my brain. Don't do drugs scumm, kids!

Dualnames

This is Michael J Pollard, but the film..mhhh. Dick Tracy or Dark Angel. I think it's Dick Tracy, but well...i don't know. Dark Angel definitely, though I can't really place it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LUniqueDan

ddq

Ponch

Quote from: ddq on Wed 14/12/2011 15:35:08
Or can it?!?!?

It can! Dualnames wins with the most noncommittal correct answer in the history of Guess The Movie Title.  :=

Your turn, Dual.

LUniqueDan

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 14/12/2011 16:11:45
It can!

So it means that I need to watch that movie again. I liked it. 22 years? Shit.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Domino

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk