*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

LUniqueDan

neither, "The Others" are the olny think that pop in my mind.

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ponch

LUniqueDan

Pee Wee Herman in : Peewee Does the Orphanage.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.

Ali

The lighting looks a bit like Blood Simple, but the everything else doesn't...

Igor Hardy

Let's Scare Jessica to Death?

arj0n

Chuck the plant the silent witness?

LimpingFish

Boo. Nobody knows. Sadness.

Some people are kind of on the right track...

It was hard to find a still that didn't give the whole game away. If you recognize the girl on the floor, the answer wouldn't be hard to find. Plus, any of the more "iconic" (well, to me anyway) scenes would also make it a bit too easy.

Having said that, let's try an alternate still...or since they are so small, let's try two. :)

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Igor Hardy

Well... one thing is certain, it's definitely a film from the 70s (or the 80s if its from Eastern Europe).

LimpingFish

It is a film from the 80s, I'll give you that.

Igor Hardy

Some kind of Halloween, Hellraiser or Dario Argento film?

Phenomena perhaps?

EDIT:

Yep, it's Phenomena definitely. You don't need to confirm it, LimpingFish. I won!

I WON!!! Where's my prize!?

Igor Hardy

OK then. I hope this one won't be too easy. I deliberately picked a scene which can lead you to the title even if you haven't seen this particular film.

Dualnames

Zatoichi: The blind Limping Fish?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

Dual, I won't comment your guesses, because we had too many conversations about movies we like.

But I will tell you, if you guss the title.

Wyz

The blind samurai or something like that, I remember seeing this film but I can't remember its title :P
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Dualnames

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 05/08/2011 20:41:21
Zatoichi: The blind Limping Fish?

This is of course A SPOOF. the movie is ZATOICHI THE BLIND SAMURAI.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LimpingFish

Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 05/08/2011 19:06:59
Yep, it's Phenomena definitely. You don't need to confirm it, LimpingFish. I won!

I demand my right to confirm!

You are correct.

On to more pressing matters! It does look like a Zatoichi, alright, but which one?

After all, there are over twenty to choose from! :o

It's couldn't be the first one, since that was in black and white. I'm going to guess...Zatoichi Meets the One Armed Swordsman!

Igor Hardy

Sorry for my impatiance, LimpingFish. You weren't around for a while, and in the meantime I found that bit with the scissors in the Phenomena trailer.

Yes, one of the characters in the photo is the legendary Zatoichi. I think there were 25 Zatoichi movies with Katsu in the main role.

This movie is neither ZATOICHI THE BLIND SAMURAI nor Zatoichi Meets the One Armed Swordsman.

Here's the proof the other guy has both arms (but doesn't he remind you of someone?):

Dualnames

it reminds me of a Seventh Samurai..or something, i can't place it, and looking it up is cheating, so i forfeit on this one.

LUniqueDan

The Men Who Stares at Samurais
SwordSmoke
The Good, the Bad and the Samurai

LimpingFish

If you had given me a scene from the "Babycart" series, I would've been all over that mofo! \o/

Is it Zatoichi meets Yojimbo? :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk